Torquay v AFC Fylde 11/04 (was pp on 3/3/18)

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

The only thing going for the club is the fans and a wonderful stadium ~ the rest is rotten and is incompetent ~[highlight=yellow][glow=red] the owner by the way wants to bulldoze the stadium WTF !!!!![/glow][/highlight]

HOW CAN HARROP AS DIRECTOR OF FOOTBALL KEEP HIS JOB WHATSOEVER WITH THIS FAILURE.
I mean it's not like we have not seen it coming over last 6 - 24 months

Players need booting out , no leadership and little desire and fight. A glimpse here and there is not enough

Give them a [blur=blue][sub]ASBO[/sub][/blur]

OWERS , YES FAILED BUT DID TAKE ON A DIFFICULT JOB I ACCEPT. BUT COULD NOT HAVE BEEN ANY WORSE UNDER THE PREVIOUS MANAGER. BUT MINIMUM WE SHOULD HAVE EXPECTED WAS TO STAY IN THIS LEAGUE

OWNERS HAS TO GO BUT THEN WE ARE LEFT WITH THE SAME CLOWN TO APPOINT A NEW MANAGER WHO UMMED AND ARRED FOR 4 WEEKS EARLIER THIS SEASON WHILE CLUB WAS GOING DOWN THE PLUGHOLE.

HARROP AND OWERS OUT
TorquayDNA
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by TorquayDNA »

:goodpost:
MellowYellow wrote: 10 Apr 2018, 23:53 Absolutely - 100% - and his reaction to our failure tonight. Apparently it was not down to the officials, it was all down to basic defending. Hello! he has had 37 of the 47 games to get that right - and has failed dismally.
Toastkid6

Post by Toastkid6 »

Finally! Owers talks sense here. I heard people shouting and bawling at the linesman about their first goal, but Owers is right - we defended poorly and i think fans have every right to moan, but either at the team or the officials, you can't have it both ways. The honest truth is, the officials are fine. You never hear a winning team moan about the officials. We are a poor team, hence our position, end of.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Is it time for people to vote with there feet. Team hardly need our support now do they. I understand this can send the wrong message in terms of support for our club when the future of plainmoor is in question with our owner.
Having said that you can't blame people for not attending last few futile games , I don't think it would be do much a protest but just a natural thing anyhow. 1400 last night , I would be surprised if we got 1300 on Saturday
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

We have failed because the back four or five have not been the right type of players we have defenders who run with the ball take players on in their own penalty area and get caught with the ball. We've had no defensive midfield player in front of the back three
and managers obsessed with a player who has pace but no football brain.
This situation has just fallen into the hands of the owners as prices will be reduced to watch National South, wages will be reduced and what player wants to play for peanuts in todays game.

We would be better of going part-time and starting again, we have had very poor football people behind the scenes at Torquay. The league below is a hard league to get out of and we've got to find players who want to play in it for peanuts.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Toastkid6 wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 08:21 Finally! Owers talks sense here. I heard people shouting and bawling at the linesman about their first goal, but Owers is right - we defended poorly and i think fans have every right to moan, but either at the team or the officials, you can't have it both ways. [highlight=yellow]The honest truth is, the officials are fine.[/highlight] You never hear a winning team moan about the officials. We are a poor team, hence our position, end of.
I hope you're taking the p155 or still drunk from last night.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

GullPete

Post by GullPete »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 05:03 The only thing going for the club is the fans and a wonderful stadium ~ the rest is rotten and is incompetent ~[highlight=yellow][glow=red] the owner by the way wants to bulldoze the stadium WTF !!!!![/glow][/highlight]

HOW CAN HARROP AS DIRECTOR OF FOOTBALL KEEP HIS JOB WHATSOEVER WITH THIS FAILURE.

Players need booting out , no leadership and little desire and fight. A glimpse here and there is not enough

OWERS , YES FAILED BUT DID TAKE ON A DIFFICULT JOB I ACCEPT. BUT COULD NOT HAVE BEEN ANY WORSE UNDER THE PREVIOUS MANAGER. BUT MINIMUM WE SHOULD HAVE EXPECTED WAS TO STAY IN THIS LEAGUE

OWNERS HAS TO GO BUT THEN WE ARE LEFT WITH THE SAME CLOWN TO APPOINT A NEW MANAGER WHO UMMED AND ARRED FOR 4 WEEKS EARLIER THIS SEASON WHILE CLUB WAS GOING DOWN THE PLUGHOLE.

HARROP AND OWERS OUT
Agreed, OWERS AND OSBOURNE OUT!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Hysterical reaction it isn't going to happen. Owers is going to be here next season so best get over it. Talk of demonstrations and the like are pointless.
stephen breed
Verified by Admin
Verified by Admin
Favourite player: fowler

Post by stephen breed »

went against the grain and went up last night of the first time this season wow they really are absolutely awful. the defending for the 2nd and 3rd goal was really something out of the keystone cop 11 handbook do people actually rate that Sean mcginty he is dire and gowling beside him is a accident waiting to happen. I watched luke young for a fair part of that game last night he cannot wait to get rid of the ball every time he has it rushed passes backwards passes no thrust whatsoever what has happened to him. It was a sad watch even worse was the many fans I chatted to last night all seam to have the same opinion that the owners and management of the club could not care a jot about what's going on the pitch. People I have known for many years the go every game brigade saying we should have done what you did and just walked away that's such a sad thing to hear. Can they rebuild you would hope so with the infistructure all in place and a loyal base of 1200 fans but they need to start with a bang next season to keep them. Is owers the man to do it I am not sure his body language last night was one of a beaten man. One other thing how would you price up season tickets and normal match day tickets next season what could they realistically expect people to pay to get in to watch the likes of Hemel hemsted and concord rangers difficult call that but one the need to get bang on.. stephen
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

stephen breed wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 10:31 went against the grain and went up last night of the first time this season wow they really are absolutely awful. the defending for the 2nd and 3rd goal was really something out of the keystone cop 11 handbook do people actually rate that Sean mcginty he is dire and gowling beside him is a accident waiting to happen. I watched luke young for a fair part of that game last night he cannot wait to get rid of the ball every time he has it rushed passes backwards passes no thrust whatsoever what has happened to him. It was a sad watch even worse was the many fans I chatted to last night all seam to have the same opinion that the owners and management of the club could not care a jot about what's going on the pitch. People I have known for many years the go every game brigade saying we should have done what you did and just walked away that's such a sad thing to hear. Can they rebuild you would hope so with the infistructure all in place and a loyal base of 1200 fans but they need to start with a bang next season to keep them. Is owers the man to do it I am not sure his body language last night was one of a beaten man. One other thing how would you price up season tickets and normal match day tickets next season what could they realistically expect people to pay to get in to watch the likes of Hemel hemsted and concord rangers difficult call that but one the need to get bang on.. stephen
Looking at the closest NLS teams to us, Weston-super-Mare charge £12 and £165 for a season ticket, at Truro it is £13 with a £210 season ticket. Remember that these season ticket prices are for 2 games less than we play in the NL. There doesn't seem to be any distinction between seating and standing prices that I could see at a brief glance.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Think the demonstration or the thinking of one will simply be people just not wanting to attend. On other hand we need the club to survive.
Think we are well and truly stuck between the deep blue sea and the devil.
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

brucie wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 09:50 Hysterical reaction it isn't going to happen. Owers is going to be here next season so best get over it. Talk of demonstrations and the like are pointless.
Another season with Owers!
Thats the most depressing thought other than us going down the pan and out of business.
He is utter dogs?&£te
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 05:03 The only thing going for the club is the fans and a wonderful stadium ~ the rest is rotten and is incompetent ~[highlight=yellow][glow=red] the owner by the way wants to bulldoze the stadium WTF !!!!![/glow][/highlight]

HARROP AND OWERS OUT

[highlight=yellow]Absolutely spot on[/highlight]
Soupdragon
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Woods

Post by Soupdragon »

I accept that I know little about football, and less about refereeing. And yes, I chose to stay at home last night and watch City v Liverpool rather than traipse up to Plainmoor and be completely, entirely and totally depressed by yet another poor home performance. So I can’t comment on our game.

I’m on record here as being unconvinced by Owers. I’ve been unconvinced since the day he arrived (really, I blame Merse for that: breaking the ‘news’ on BTPIR that we were definitely getting Westley. Except we didn’t. Almost anyone would have been a disappointment after that. To me at least), and I am even more unconvinced now. Owers been here since 13 September, eight whole months; was given an improved budget (not to mention the cash it took to ‘poach‘ him); was given an improved club infrastructure to support him in terms of travel and hotel stays and the like; has brought in in excess of two entire teams of players; yet has achieved precisely nothing.

Steve Breed says Owers looked like a beaten man last night. With the only exception I can think of being the “We’re not rubbish anymore” interview (what a joke), he’s actually looked like a beaten man for the entire time he’s been here. It’s proven: the team’s NOT fitter than when Nicho was here; they’re NOT more organised on field than when Nicho was here; they’re not ‘better’ than when Nicho was here. I accept that Nicho was 'green', that he made mistakes ... but there was/is definitely something there. Something that could have been nurtured and developed, and we would be - at worst - no worse off than we are now.

However, I genuinely believe that Nicho would have managed to get us out of it, even without Owers’ improved budget, even if he still had to drive the team bus at stupid o’clock in the morning to get to games. And, yes, even if he was still pitching up at the Lousia Carey ward or similar every other lunchtime. Nothing the likes of Merse or his cadre of yes-men can say could actually prove otherwise.

What has been proved is that, even with Clarke Osbourne putting his hand in his pocket to the tune of, what, half a million quid since last September, Owers has come up short. And he has turned what, on paper, could have been a ‘team’, into nothing more than a shower.
Owers’ Shower. An appropriate name, I think.

I shall attempt to forget Torquay United this evening, and hope that Juventus can overturn their deficit against Ronaldo Madrid (although since visiting Lisbon and seeing how that fine city rests upon his shoulders, tourism-wise, I have become something of a fan of his. And that goal! Although nowhere near as good as Hilly’s, of course).

I suspect there are plenty that will forget TUFC full stop. And with the current ownership’s plans for our club, that is far from good for us.

Tl;dr, I know. Forgive me. It’s only because I’m damn angry.
Last edited by Soupdragon on 11 Apr 2018, 11:45, edited 1 time in total.
Soupdragon
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Woods

Post by Soupdragon »

Oops, ignore me.