Can we Survive. Review of Remaining Fixtures

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Can we Survive. Review of Remaining Fixtures

Post by portugull »

Today`s match was postponed, Teignmouth Golf course is closed and I am sat at home thinking yet again Can We Survive?

So I have spent the last hour studying the remaining fixtures for the bottom 7 teams who between them have won just 9 out the last 55 games.

The first thing I discovered was that in our final 11 matches only 1 team is in the top 7 namely Dover Athletic.

However, Chester in their final 11 games play 7 teams in the top 7 and have by far the toughest run in.

Both Barrow and Hartlepool have to play 4 teams in the top 7 and 7 of their games are away.

The other factor is that Torquay play 8 of their 11 games against teams in the bottom 10 compared to Chester and Barrow who only have 3 fixtures against teams in the bottom 10.

I decided to exclude Guiseley who I expect to finish bottom and this is my prediction.

18th Hartlepool 47 points
19th Torquay United 47 points
20th Maidstone 46 points
21st Barrow 46 points
22nd Solihull 46 points
23rd Chester 37 points
24th Guiseley 30 points

We all know in this league any team can beat another but when you look at current form you do pick up some clues and Maidstone, Chester and Guiseley have all lost 4 out the last 5 games.

I know I am bonkers but I think our only hope is to win our 4 home games against Guiseley, Woking, Halifax and Ebbsfleet. I am hoping for a point from the home game with AFC Fylde.

The away games at Maidstone, Solihull and Chester are crucial but I still think we can survive but if we do it will go to the last game.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

I am tempted to say you are bonkers, not sure where you find all these straws, if we were 5 or 6 points adrift
I would say we would have a sniff but I think after the next 3 away games we will be even further adrift,
we need to take 5 or 6 points from them and then beat Fylde which will probably be on March 20th
Nice course Teignmouth though
Porky
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by Porky »

I love your post, but as we haven't put teams in the bottom 11 away this season, I can't share your optimism. We are in the stickiest situation since sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.
If I thought there was the will on the part of players, managers and owners to escape relegation then I would agree there is a chance. Unfortunately we're doomed.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Absolutely no chance whatsoever.
Caldwellanddobson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alan Little

Post by Caldwellanddobson »

Pissing in the wind mate.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

No chance. I dont get any vibes from this team or management that they want to do it, let alone can do it.
DWB1

Post by DWB1 »

I am the eternal optimist and I think we can but nay need the misfortune of others with their financial problems!!
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Not this time.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Sorry Portgull absolute pointless discussion, we are down & out as per the 5 yr plan set up by mssrs Osborne & Harrop & followed to the letter by mssrs Owers & Khul.
Also there aren't enough players within this squad who it matters very much to, the loanees will go back to their parent clubs with 1st team experience & there's enough here already to form a nucleus of a squad with a guaranteed payday next season already in their back pocket.
So the answer is no chance it ain't happening stick to the golf it's less frustrating than this shower of sh!te.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

I did think it was possible a month or so ago IF the owners got rid of Owers and Kuhl and got in an experienced manager short term but that option soon passed and quite clearly to me CO wants the club to go down.

As it stands now, the opportunity to dump Owers and try one last roll of the dice has well and truly gone along with any hope of survival.
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 03 Mar 2018, 19:30 No chance. I dont get any vibes from this team or management that they want to do it, let alone can do it.
This is it. During the past two seasons when we were right down at the bottom and it looked bleak I still never really believed we'd be relegated. Things are different now though, I have no faith whatsoever that Owers can conjure up the kind of belief and confidence that Nicholson found in the past two seasons. Before, no matter the abilities of the players, it still felt (to me) that they were giving it their all and there was more of a togetherness between club and fans. Now there is none of that. There are players who I don't think are up for it, mentally and physically and who don't want to be there. I can't see any way out of this one.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Well guys, I mean the Players, up to you all to do it somehow. Have you got the bottle? Only you know that.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Can we survive - Review of remaining fixtures..........................No.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

We always lose to Guiseley, Woking . Is this team really up for the battle maybe in training but not mentally on match days. We've previously on other escapes had a decent goal difference not this time. We are 6 points away from me being optimistic.
Lucy
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

We're Torquay, we never do things the easy way so we do have a chance but unfortunately it's a fat one and I can hear Scott Brehaut singing already ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com