Torquay v Eastleigh 13/01/2018 (PP)

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

stefano wrote: 12 Jan 2018, 23:49 Doesn't really matter how many times he has seen them play. If Andy says something then Andy is right. Fed up with it! Supported about 15 clubs before finding Torquay United. He did join in very enthusiastically and went to loads of games, but then buggered off and went to support York City. Probably against all expectations York sank faster than our terminally ill TUFC so back he came to offer sage advice! He then tries to take on merse who would eat him and spit him out for breakfast. As I believe strongly that most people are decent and honest, I think that Andy probably is too. But I do struggle with the daily comments from a York City supporter about a club many on here have supported for 50-60 years. You couldn't make it up, but it says volumes about Torquay supporters that we put up with it.

5 minutes or 50yrs as a fan of TUFC does that matter???
its a forum isn't it???
about peoples opinions and freedom to post...
I mean, for gods sake, we had to put up with that fella from Cumbria didn't we???
I'd rather have andy on here than a few others that post that's for sure.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Don't talk wet....................
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

I think Stefano pretty much sums it up.

Don't think it is a request for Andy to stop posting but an expression of feelings about the post, which I share.

If you post certain views on certain topics, sometimes you are going to get called out.
TUST number 080
DB57
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by DB57 »

Back on topic, a scrappy 2-1 win with 1528 in attendance.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Southampton Gull wrote: 13 Jan 2018, 05:47 Don't talk wet....................
touché :)

.....although you're one of those I'm on about...... :} :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024

TUST Member 468

Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

Come on lads, bring home the three points. Eradicate those silly errors that lead to cheap goals and we'll be in with a shout!
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams

Post by Eirik »

Hope to see this team today: Dorel, Barnes, Balatoni, Efete, McGinty, Davis, Young, Gosling, Sullivan, Reid, Fletcher
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
PL21gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee MansellBaseball

Post by PL21gull »

We'll only be in with a shout if we actually get more than the usual one or two attackers in the opposition penalty area; it's difficult to see how we expect to score when we do not attack en masse and build the pressure which enables other teams to score easily when the ball goes loose.
Our throws-in are invariably aimed up the line to two heads surrounded by four or five opponents - better teams take throws to feet and build on that possession.
We need a left-footed corner taker from the right wing to put in-swinging pressure on the keeper and defence.
We need to vary crosses into the box instead of just punting the ball at or beyond the far post in the hope that a forward might be there to score with a worldy bullet header.
And make the opposition keeper earn his money....
Or is this rocket science beyond us?
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

PL21gull wrote: 13 Jan 2018, 11:42 We'll only be in with a shout if we actually get more than the usual one or two attackers in the opposition penalty area; it's difficult to see how we expect to score when we do not attack en masse and build the pressure which enables other teams to score easily when the ball goes loose.
Our throws-in are invariably aimed up the line to two heads surrounded by four or five opponents - better teams take throws to feet and build on that possession.
We need a left-footed corner taker from the right wing to put in-swinging pressure on the keeper and defence.
We need to vary crosses into the box instead of just punting the ball at or beyond the far post in the hope that a forward might be there to score with a worldy bullet header.
[highlight=yellow]Or is this rocket science beyond us?
[/highlight]
is that a rhetorical question? :}

TUST Member 468

taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

PL21gull wrote: 13 Jan 2018, 11:42 We'll only be in with a shout if we actually get more than the usual one or two attackers in the opposition penalty area; it's difficult to see how we expect to score when we do not attack en masse and build the pressure which enables other teams to score easily when the ball goes loose.
Or is this rocket science beyond us?
so , basically then: feet, composure, near post, & make the keeper play then ?
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Back to the 4-4-2 today?
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 12 Jan 2018, 23:58
5 minutes or 50yrs as a fan of TUFC does that matter???
its a forum isn't it???
about peoples opinions and freedom to post...
I mean, for gods sake, we had to put up with that fella from Cumbria didn't we???
I'd rather have andy on here than a few others that post that's for sure.
Don't worry Stefano, Andy's ok; like SNW says. He went away to his local club for a while after a few years of following TUFC, & even tried living without footie altogether. But TUFC got under his skin, just like it has with a lot of other people. That's why we still keep turning up, even though the footie's crap. Some of his warblings are 'tongue in cheek ' & I don't expect Merse minds too much ! Rule of forums...if it irks you...scroll past !!!!!Unless you're called Taxilady & you argue of course...
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Well it really is now or never for us, we must win today and next saturday, but how can you be confident
when we have won 2 out of 13 at home and have 5 new players, cant score goals, slack marking in defence and a lack of fighting spirit ! Just keep hoping I guess.
HockeyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by HockeyGull »

rickl wrote: 13 Jan 2018, 11:24 Hope to see this team today: Dorel, Barnes, Balatoni, Efete, McGinty, Davis, Young, Gosling, Sullivan, Reid, Fletcher
Would love to see this team play today.........Olejnik, Holmes, Saunders, Woods, McGlinchey, Murphy, Hockley, Russell, Fowler, Cooper, Loram.

Think we might win!
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

Or:
Mahoney
Curle
King
Rioch
Edwards