Bromley v Torquay United Match Day Thread 12/9/17

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

I've been an avid supporter since around 1990 and I know that makes me a 'junior' supporter compared to some posters but in my 27 years as a fan I've seen many ups and downs (more of the latter unfortunately), nonetheless I've never seen anything quite as bad as the predicament that we are in now.

The brief Roberts era came close but I don't recall us being as bad as we are on the pitch right now and at least we had a management team.

The entire situation baffles me
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

3 points out of 30 in this league is just scandalous. We have played 7.66% of the season with Herrera in charge which in itself is a disgrace.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Dazza wrote: 12 Sep 2017, 22:15 I agree as well. It's ridiculous. There is no point blaming Herrera. He had 12 to players to pick from again tonight. It's not only the wait for new management it's also the wait for new players any new manager would insist on. We are being seemingly deliberately handicapped and the supposed Chairman says nothing. Forget all the ranting at the players etc we seem to be strategically deflated as a club.... Presumably Nicholson was sacked not only because he lost games but because he was not in line with the new 'culture' and just look what the new 'culture' actually is. It's what has happened at dog tracks around the country.
It's all about the land to sell

History repeating itself

Torquay is mine and ours club but I can't see us lasting the season

The way Harrop and osborne have left us waiting for a manager is disgusting.

Harrop and osborne should be banned from football
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

WHEN was the last time Osborne even came close to making a public statement about club affairs?

I have hazy memories but I'm sure Mike Bateson was relatively active in communicating with fans and press?
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Mike bateson attended just about every game. Often get interviewed
Osborne won't communicate because his track record speaks to itself and the snake knows it.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 12 Sep 2017, 22:21 It's all about the land to sell

History repeating itself

Torquay is mine and ours club but I can't see us lasting the season

The way Harrop and osborne have left us waiting for a manager is disgusting.

Harrop and osborne should be banned from football
Well, you certainly have a point there, neither should be allowed anywhere near a football club. I know it wont do much good and I know some have alreay done it but what if we all at least write an email, letter or make some sort of communication to the national league with our concerns over the way Harrop and Osbourne are running us into the ground and what we suspect their game is. We were gaining momentum a while back with all the attention our plight was getting when the word was getting out about our owners track record and what they were doing to us. Namely the petition that was doing very well. All that went quiet when we stayed up and despite the warning from a few not to take their eye off the ball.

At the very least I am surprised there hasnt been a Harrop out thread/campaign started. Yes it likely wont do anything but we could at least start making it a bit uncomfortable for the bastards again. Its not like the bloke is doing a good job is it, yet he has not had any real criticism thrown his way.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Yorkieandy wrote: 12 Sep 2017, 22:16 You seen the next 3 games though? Miracles are now required.
Yes, I have Andy. But surely by the Macclesfield home game in 10 days time, a manager will be in place ?? We actually do fairly well against Maccelesfield so maybe our first win and the rot stopped? I can't see more than a draw at best at Barrow. Very strange looking table tonight. Sutton Top, Halifax second - I don't think anyone would have predicted either doing much this season. And Tranmere beaten again !!! Surely their manager will be the next to get his P45 ?
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

You could perhaps write to (or even visit) Clarke Osborne here:

Chalfont Lodge, Stanton Wick, Bristol, BS39 4DB

Information already in the public domain.
Ausgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs -Legend

Post by Ausgull »

Well that really was a kick in the guts,you knew it had to happen that Brett Williams would score.but a hat trick is even worse .Kevin Nicholson this is all down to you .ok he was lazy with us but hey he was still scoring goals and not offer him another contract was a disgrace.
I'm so pissed off even more now that it looks like we are going to get the Bath City manager god help us,the club has become a laughing stock .
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Ausgull wrote: 13 Sep 2017, 05:35 Well that really was a kick in the guts,you knew it had to happen that Brett Williams would score.but a hat trick is even worse .Kevin Nicholson this is all down to you .ok he was lazy with us but hey he was still scoring goals and not offer him another contract was a disgrace.
Williams was no different last night than the same Brett Williams Kevin Nicholson signed and then decided didn't fit into his flawed DNA for Torquay United. Didn't track back, spent the game mithering at the ref and trying to get people yellow cards and showed a tradesman's excellence in doing what he does. He scored a hat trick!

Robbie Herrera was no different last night than the silent, ineffectual match manager who cannot win (and this had been a very winnable game until Bromley got their second) a game for toffee

......and Williams was gifted the first through Young's total failure to track back and thus left Cole ex[posed on a one-on-one with him; McGinty's shocking lack of awareness and urgency to stop a free cross recycling the ball back into Dorell's goalmouth after once being cleared and then the regular occurrence of McGinty passing the ball straight to them when United were moving forward from defence for the third.

There is much detritus to clear up; so much wrong with this remnant sale collection of five either on-loan or non-contract players, with a sixth, Rory Fallon, on the bench.

The legacy left by Nicholson is simply shocking and a damning example of his ineptitude!
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Thought the next manager was to think he has won the lottery

Oh dear what a quote your never forget

WonThe lottery alright , 3 numbers a tenner
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Yorkieandy wrote: 12 Sep 2017, 22:16 You seen the next 3 games though? Miracles are now required.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Yorkieandy wrote: 13 Sep 2017, 08:17
Revise that. Also Dover away and Halifax at home (who are currently 2nd) in the next five games. My God.

A really experienced firefighter with league experience needs to come in and inspire the players with his example.

Gary Owers? Oh sh*t. They think it's all over. It is now.
DB57
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by DB57 »

Merse is right. The legacy left by Nicholson is dreadful and his claim that they would become a force to be reckoned with once they "bed in" is laughable. The only bedding in to be seen so far is in the sick bed where they are queuing up for places.

The only dim light of hope , Fallon excepted, has actually come from the loanees and our non contract keeper.

As far as Gary Owers is concerned I'm prepared to give the guy a fair chance. No point in slagging him off before he walks through the door. Although we all craved an experienced manager you have to ask who, of any real standing in the football world would want to go near this basket case of a club at the present time. None of the names bandied about by those 'in the know' found universal favour but I do feel that on paper Owers has at least a lot of half decent coaching and assistant experience and, I hope, a decent contacts book to go with it. Let's all hope he can pull us out of the mess we are in - a very tall order indeed.
apgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Martin Gritton

Post by apgull »

Genuine question: Has Fallon touched the ball since he's been with us?