New kit design

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

I like the black kit, but not for watching my team play football in. Against a background of supporters, I find it very difficult, at a distance, to pick out our players. Goodness knows how the players manage. Do you remember, a few years back, in the world cup I think it was, all of the Romanian team had their hair dyed blond. They said it made it easier for the players to spot (out of the corner of their eye!!) a team mate. I think, if we continue to play in the black strip, all of our players should have their hair dyed yellow. Now that would be fun.

On a serious note though, why did we wear black against Macclesfield (who play in a fairly dark blue) black versus Aldershot (dark red) but Yellow against Bury, who play in white shirts!!
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
tommygull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by tommygull »

:red:
Last edited by tommygull on 29 Mar 2011, 16:43, edited 1 time in total.
:( Tommy :)
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by diamondgirl »

I dont like a diaginol (Sorry in a hurry not got time to spell check) stripe on the kit. It's soooooo retro. Have a look at Southamptons 2nd strip. 'orrible
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

Fletch wrote: Im not certain but i thought i saw somewhere it take a few days to get the kit washed and dried etc under the current arrangement. That could be why the yellow wasnt available for Friday night having been used on Tuesday??
really ??!?!?!? blimey, i thought my missus was just being lazy when my yellow shirt isn't ready at a moments notice !! :lol:
by diamondgirl » 39 minutes ago

I dont like a diaginol (Sorry in a hurry not got time to spell check) stripe on the kit. It's soooooo retro. Have a look at Southamptons 2nd strip. 'orrible
i'm with you on that one diamond (although i think it is their first kit) - 'orrible it is !! :Z and will look out of date very quickly (not that "new" kits hang around for long these days).
Brady

I Wish I Was There
knh316
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: dont have one

Post by knh316 »

unfortunately it does have one blue stripe,seems like we going back to the 80's
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

The important thing to remember here,is i am only speculating on this being the design for the new kit after a conversation i had,i am not saying that i know 100% for sure.

If however i am right,it will be, as said a return to a similar design from the 80's,personaly would like the club to go the road of a kit design we have not seen before,maybe something along the lines of the Bristol Rovers kit but yellow/blue of course.
Formerly known as forevertufc
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by diamondgirl »

regiment0609 wrote: really ??!?!?!? blimey, i thought my missus was just being lazy when my yellow shirt isn't ready at a moments notice !! :lol:
i'm with you on that one diamond (although i think it is their first kit) - 'orrible it is !! :Z and will look out of date very quickly (not that "new" kits hang around for long these days).
I thought that their 1st strip was red/white "uneven" stripes? Probably wrong, I usually am. Anyway, whatever strip it is, I don't like it and I really hope we don't go down that road with ours. :) I do hope that you are wrong Forever ;-)
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by diamondgirl »

Just had a look Regiment (Year end close down will have to wait) and you are right, it is Southampton's 1st strip. I think it's being used, this season, as they are celebrating some sort of anivesary, 100 years or something.
Bigman
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Bigman »

Due to its retro look it kind of looks like it should only be used as an anniversary marking kit. I'd be happier with a horizontal stripe personally.

My assumption on the use of the black kit was that it was simply to give it some use, as there are fairly few teams we can't wear yellow against. I believe Celtic do similar otherwise the fans who bought the away shirts would feel ripped off. I've also heard it suggested it's to avoid clashing with a luminous referee (though don't know why he can't wear black).

If the reason is washing the kit, it seems a long turnaround time, but even if that is the cause, surely times aren't so hard that we can't afford two shirts for each player?

It's never struck me that the black kit is hard to spot - I could understand that being the case for Man U's grey some years ago, but they were quick to point it out and I've never heard Bucks or the boys complain. I'll pay more attention at the next game I'm at (Bradford) and see if it causes any difficulties.
SDYellow
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The next scorer

Post by SDYellow »

I love Southamptons kit, living in Southampton now i think supporters like it as there are always shirts around even on non match days.

I wouldnt like to directly copy as Yellow with a blue stripe would seem a little mental but Yellow with a white stripe?
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

Bigman wrote:If the reason is washing the kit, it seems a long turnaround time, but even if that is the cause, surely times aren't so hard that we can't afford two shirts for each player?
How often have you seen someone go off for a shirt change (having had a nose bleed or similar) and come back on in a plain shirt with no name and a different number this season ? Ive seen it at least 3 times...
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Southampton Gull wrote:You mean this one?
Yes Dave.

I don't actually like it, so its likely to be the one we get then! :'(

Ummm. Just read Bixie's post. No it isn't horizontal. Missed that bit..... :Oops:
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
Bigman
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Bigman »

Fletch wrote: How often have you seen someone go off for a shirt change (having had a nose bleed or similar) and come back on in a plain shirt with no name and a different number this season ? Ive seen it at least 3 times...
I can appreciate that on a matchday there would only be one shirt ready and prepared for the game so in these exceptional circumstances a replacement wouldn't be immediately available, but when you know there's another game in 3 days, if it's not humanly possible to have the same kit washed and ready for use again, raid the club shop. I expect players go through more than 1 shirt in a season anyway so a rotation policy could be in effect, and if we had 2 home games in a short space of time I expect we'd wear yellow on both occassions, either with quickly washed or brand new kit.

My point was simply that I find it hard to believe that the reason for wearing the black kit when there's no yellow clash is due to the yellow not being washed.