Torquay United vs Solihull Moors predictions Sat 26th Aug

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Very good Merse. Calling people clowns from a 200-200 miles away view. I'm not sure which one gets the objective view of the week award you or Brucie who from N Devon called out Chaney, who arguably was our best player on a poor poor day as the reason behind our demise. So you know Herrera that well Merse ( I wouldn't pretend to know the guy) -that you sack him, call him names, and ban him from travelling to Woking. So who manages the team? Someone's ego? It's been a rough day but there's another one tomorrow and we have to face it with whatever we have. Let's just move on and not keep this endless name calling. We support the club, we don't execute people.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

That was a complete shambles today.

Lavercombe looks worse now than when he left.
Didn't even notice Klukowski on the pitch. That shows his contribution.
Chaney did his best at LB and put a particularly delicious cross in during the first half but the chance was fluffed by Reid (I think).
JP Pittman looks like another Karl Hawley.
Keating has lots of huff and puff but little quality and had no support.

A truly shocking state of affairs and we are deep in the shit. Whoever takes the job as manager will need to be able to teach the players the basics of passing, heading, shooting and tackling.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Dazza wrote: 26 Aug 2017, 21:14we don't execute people.
Not even those who cannot execute their tasks properly?
timmax
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Loram

Post by timmax »

Iam baffled that a pro club/ management team has now gone 6 games playing an attacking midfielder at left-back. Get soeone in on loan ffs and whilst your at it get a CB that can cover at RB, CM and a CF. Shambolic TUFC. ps dont forget a manager sometime before xmas.
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

Its difficult to know where to start from todays performance. Before the game started I thought I was seeing things when I saw Kenny V warming the keepers up and Liam Davis doing some light drills next to the corner flag.
All I can really say about the performance is pathetic. I have some sympathy for Chaney who did ok. Our left hand side is like round pegs in square holes. I mean Reid wide left!! It just doesn't look good. Then you have Gosling who you can see has talent however he doesn't have a defensive cell in his brain and Young and Lathrope just get overrun. I assume Lathrope went off with an injury, then we put Grey into midfield, he hasn't a clue and I don't blame him. Chaney goes off I also assume with an injury and they put Anderson in there, oh my lord whats wrong with him?? Is he not fit?? He is shocking. Their keeper only 5 min before he scored placed a kick to their wide right player long and he was all alone. The warning was there!!
Their first goal was pathetic non marking school boy defending. Ok, Pittman, he showed glimpses of promise during pre season however today he was shocking, end of. Keating, he gives it everything and its difficult to criticise him but he just doesn't have that ability to lead a line at the moment. He needs to develop.
Lathrope, after a promising pre season I thought the performances would steadily improve, however he has gone backwards and looks completely void of confidence.
Young, he's just trying to do everything and achieving nothing, I feel for him. Mcginty is poor on the ball, take it on the chest and just pass the ball simple ffs. Higgins looks like hes going backwards too, really struggled linking with Gosling and was guilty of giving the ball away. He is far better than that, its so frustrating to watch.
We are exactly where we deserve to be. There are no excuses for todays performance. Completely pathetic.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Neal wrote: 26 Aug 2017, 19:50 Sorry I disagree because if its all down to coaching then I suggest we hire a great coach, who can then walk around the ground and select at random a squad and just coach them.

These are professional footballers for Christ sake, they should take some responsibility to be able to control a football, pass a football, head a football, tackle and keep fit. If we are signing players who need to be coached to do all that God help us!
Football is a game of opinions, it's fine to disagree, and there's nothing in the rule book that says, one opinion is more correct than another. Your right, it isn't as simple as just coaching, but as I'm sure your aware, a good player, or an average player, doesn't become a bad player over night, tactical set up may not suit an individual player, and a lack of confidence can also have an adverse effect as we all know.

The best player in world can't control an over hit pass, or a misplaced pass, an out of confidence player, can often over hit and misplace a pass, my point is, our squad collectively may not be good enough, but there are some decent player in there, I think it's too much of an easy get out, to simply dismiss this entire squad as a shower of shite.

There's is enough in the squad, with the addition of a couple of players to start getting some results, then confidence Improves, as does ball control, passing and heading. When players confidence is high, decision making becomes automatic, passes are made with out thinking about it, and confident players get shots away, rather than passing sideways and offloading the responsibility another.

The squad does lack pace, and physical presence up front, I think a lot of where the club goes from this point will depend, and who and what type of manager is appointed, it's not to late to fix this.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Merse the guy whose head you are currently calling for (because the goalkeeper got exposed by a bouncing ball ) is as we both know on a pittance. We all know he's a stop gap. The keeper actually tried to play the edge of the box role you criticised Moore for not performing last year. Critics can always win- for football supporters life's not as easy as that.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

brucie wrote: 26 Aug 2017, 17:28 Do these Tossers who "run" the club have any idea what they are doing. Firstly it was Nicholson and his "lottery winning team". Now its Tim "Nice but Dim Herrera" who seems impervious to the fact that Chaney is a liability at full back.

Speaking on the radio he stated that were several options for replacement goalkeepers so he chose the howler prone and inexperienced Lavercombe to play in front of a hopeless defence.

On the other site I predicted that Lavercombe would let in a fifty yard shot. Well I was wrong - looks like he let in a 90 yard one.

Really you couldn't make this shit up. Couldn't perhaps Harrop have intervened and made sure that we signed a proper keeper. Apparently not because he seems more **** clueless than anyone else - and he is supposed to be running the show.

Far from "sifting" through a list of fantastic candidates we will be struggling to get anyone other than Paul **** Compton at this rate.

Surely no sane person is going to want to manage this basket case.

You would almost think that Osborne has promised the players a big fat bonus if they get us relegated by October.

NO points against Bw, Gusiely, And Solihull. That is just a disgrace.

We might as well pack it in. There is no point in carrying on.

Woking on Monday. With a clown in goal. A liability at full back supplemented by nine other losers and a complete tit as a manager.

A complete and utter farce.

I disagree with brucie, no points against bw, guiesley and Solihull is not a disgrace it's a fu??ing disgrace. This is laughable, no point getting angry anymore what's the point
Lucy
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

At the start of the season after failure to win any one of the first three matches, it was 'it's alright; we've now got Guiseley, Boreham Wood and Solihull Moors to come' ~ oh yeah?

Look at the shambles since; and I swear that pathetic nonsense against Boreham Wood could easily have seen eight hit past Ryan Clarke. We have seen the shambolic conceding at Gateshead, the Fred Karno capitulation at Guiseley and now the latest and farcical re-engagement of a clown to play in goal who the club did well to get thirty grand for under the old regime. The club is not being managed in any sense of the word it is being mis-managed by a so called assistant manager who is as out of his depth as Shaun Taylor was when he tried it.

I can't imagine for one moment that Herrera has been anything but a nodding donkey to Nicholson's delusion ~ a 'Yes Boss' akin to Graham Taylor's Phil Neal. What's the point of having an assistant who sees things exactly as you see them; or if he doesn't is too timid to speak up and give his two penneth worth?

This has been Herrera's week to show he can lay claim to the number one job and he's made a pig's ear of it with two of the most disastrous defeats imaginable as his legacy and yet people are defending him...it's pathetic and indicative of just why the club is where it is.

Bottom of the table with one point from eighteen; the ruddy goalkeeper letting his opposite number score and 'sicknotes' left right and centre cluttering up the treatment room in a mass attempt to avoid holding themselves to account on Monday.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 26 Aug 2017, 18:58 We have a uncertain future in our beloved home , a board that frankly only gives a sh1t about land. No manager and a squad which has no direction and clueless once the whistle is blown.
This is a shambles
Shambles, West Yorkie? No it isn't. It's far worse than that. :'(

The only ones who did okay on the pirch today were the ref and his two officials. Hardly noticed the ref which is a sign of a good ref. He let the game flow - no, wrong word - stumble on without being fussy. He didn't get much wrong.

As for the other 22 on the pitch, unless things change radically for both sides, both will be heading for relegation. The main reason being that neither side has any bite up front. I exclude Ruari Keating from that who once again worked his socks off with very little support. Solihull Moors are a part-time side punching above their weight. We're just a collection of professional players lacking in confidence and lacking in organisation. We are missing Josh Gowling's drive. Sean McGinty should be captain when Gowling isn't there. Luke Young for al his qualities is not a leader.

A word about Myles Anderson - he got a bit of stick when he came on but he's obviously not fit. He was holding his side almost as soon as he came on. I don't know what his problem is, but it was plain to see that he was struggling big time.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

merse btpir wrote: 26 Aug 2017, 23:04 and 'sicknotes' left right and centre cluttering up the treatment room in a mass attempt to avoid holding themselves to account on Monday.[/b]
Even by your standards, that is utter cr*p and you know it. That is an unacceptable slur on the players. Whatever their failings on the pitch so far this season, none of them are feigning injury as you insinuate. Yes, it looks as if Lathrope has got a re-occurence of his long-term groin problem. Sam Chaney never shirks a tackle but it appears he's also picked up a groin strain today. I'll bet he'll be out there against Woking on Monday. Anderson is obviously struggling, we haven't been told the extent of Ryan Clarke's injury, hopefully Josh Gowling is nearing match fitness and that leaves Davis. Goodness knows when we'll see him on the pitch.
Ray Johnstone
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Halstead

Post by Ray Johnstone »

I would advise the Torquay caretaker manager that Yan Klukowski is available to play at centre back if required.

Ray
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

It's taken me a little while to get over the shock to even make any comment. That was truly the worst display of football I have seen at Plainmoor for over30 years. The players of Solihull Moors should be ashamed of themselves. I personally feel sorry for their supporters for having to watch that dross week in, week out.

As for the opposition in yellow, well I cannot find the words - needless to say my days of visiting Plainmoor are numbered and I will not return now until those who are 'PAID' to wear the yellow shirt, wear it with pride and passion. Whilst I will always be 'Torquay Till I Die' I feel the time has come for me to protest, not by invading the pitch or waving banners but withdrawing the revenue (my matchday entry fee).

Our club is a total shambles and withdrawal of gate revenue to my mind is the only way GI are going to accept there is an 'Elephant in the Room'. Osbourne is holding a 'double-edged sword'. He needs a successful football club to justify the new stadium to the council and gain the freehold of Plainmoor. He is currently like a 'Thirsty man floating in open sea. All that water, and he cannot drink it'. Without club revenue his property development investment will be like a huge golden mill-stone, hung round his neck, dragging him down to the grave!

There will be those that disagree with my view, but I am certain that nearly all will be singing off the same hymn sheet that supporters cannot go on watching these display's of pitiful football, week in, week out. Of course, I will look out for the results and may even listen to the match on the radio until we are 2-0 down in the first 10 minutes, but as for attending - I'm finished! Better things to do with my money than watch non-entertainment whilst lining the pockets of GI.
Last edited by MellowYellow on 27 Aug 2017, 01:20, edited 1 time in total.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

FFS Ray we are aware of that and he is still feckin CRAP
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

MellowYellow wrote: 27 Aug 2017, 01:16 It's taken me a little while to get over the shock to even make any comment. That was truly the worst display of football I have seen at Plainmoor for over30 years. The players of Solihull Moors should be ashamed of themselves. I personally feel sorry for their supporters for having to watch that dross week in, week out.

As for the opposition in yellow, well I cannot find the words - needless to say my days of visiting Plainmoor are numbered and I will not return now until those who are 'PAID' to wear the yellow shirt, wear it with pride and passion. Whilst I will always be 'Torquay Till I Die' I feel the time has come for me to protest, not by invading the pitch or waving banners but withdrawing the revenue (my matchday entry fee).

Our club is a total shambles and withdrawal of gate revenue to my mind is the only way GI are going to accept there is an 'Elephant in the Room'. Osbourne is holding a 'double-edged sword'. He needs a successful football club to justify the new stadium to the council and gain the freehold of Plainmoor. He is currently like a 'Thirsty man floating in open sea. All that water, and he cannot drink it'. Without club revenue his property development investment will be like a huge golden mill-stone, hung round his neck, dragging him down to the grave!

There will be those that disagree with my view, but I am certain that nearly all will be singing off the same hymn sheet that supporters cannot go on watching these display's of pitiful football, week in, week out. Of course, I will look out for the results and may even listen to the match on the radio until we are 2-0 down in the first 10 minutes, but as for attending - I'm finished! Better things to do with my money than watch non-entertainment whilst lining the pockets of GI.

Another one that has, at last seen the light and won't be guilt tripped into parting with more valuable time and money under the ridiculous pretence that footy fans support until the very end. Well done mellow although I absolutely know it is done with the heaviest of hearts.

The very end for Torquay happened a few years ago therefore in this instance, total unwavered support won't count for anything.

I've read two posters today claiming they won't go anymore. I think one was Nick (plymouthgull) which does surprise me. We've had our differences shall we shall in the past on here but I know he was (is) a dedicated Torquay fan who cannot have taken that decision likely.

The club needs more fans to stop giving GI money, stop paying the wages of players who aren't bothered about sweating blood for it and stop getting mugged off. It's gone on for too long now and hopefully there will come a point when every fan has declared enough is enough and finally force the hand of GI so we can see once and for all their clear intentions.