Management options

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

I heard that Chris Sutton has also been seen at Plainmoor :}

Let's get real people Dion Dublin is not going to be our next manager, he's done practically nothing in football aside from punditry since retiring, it's just some stupid rumour that originated on the Facebook group by one randomer who is bullshitting.
Fred Perry
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Goalkeeper

Post by Fred Perry »

You are " not " getting Liam McDonald !.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Employ a new manager then and see what happens.

Ling was sacked in a despicable manner because those who employed him were f*ckwits. The team got worse.

Knill came in. The team got worse.

Hargreaves came in. The team got relegated.

Nicholson came in. The team got worse.

AN OTHER comes in. The team get relegated again.

The club is gone. Bring in who you want it doesn't matter. The rot eventually wins if it's not addressed at source.

Conference South has been coming for a while and yet Torquay fans simply keep turning up and suggesting new solutions to a problem that cannot be solved, like a new manager as if it will make any difference. The problem that cannot be solved is the club are owned and run by people who have no desire to see TUFC achieve success on the field of play. These people have no desire to iron out all the little niggles around the club that get fans wound up, the customer service side if you like. These people are property developers. They are property developers. I'll say it again. These people are property developers. They obtain land, build on it or sell it for building on.

The people who own Torquay United Football Club are property developers with no history of owning sports clubs in order to further the sports clubs successes.

In actual fact it's common sense. Property developers take over small struggling football club sited on valuable land and keep it ticking over with minimal investment with a view to making some money out of it, whilst said football club remains functional. You can't blame them. That's their job, that's what they do.

Then you get Torquay fans expecting a new manager and expecting a climb up the league and some hope.

NO common sense whatsoever.

The reason why GI hold the aces is because a large proportion of Torquay fans are a bit simple. No battle no glory.

I still find it truly bizarre that fans are still attending Plainmoor, wasting their time and money and being laughed at by Ozzy et al and not only moaning about a game and a team being crap (this hasn't changed since Ling was sacked so have you not had the Eureka! moment by now?) but they are also talking as if a new experienced manager will be appointed, sign loads of good players and get the club up the league. You couldn't make this sh*t up you really couldn't.

Whether you attend or not the outcome will be the same. IMO.
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

You're ignoring the fact that half those appointments took place when GI wasn't even the owner of the club, under 'fan boards'. The problem isn't appointing new managers or the frankly laughable accusation that United have been trending to NLS for a while now 'inevitably'. The problem is poor appointments in Hargreaves and Nicholson and absolutely shite off the field commercial management of the club under Thea Bristow and constant firefighting/stumbling from disaster to disaster under Dave Phillips. Had either Hargreaves or Nicholson not been appointed and experienced managers been in their place the club would not be in it's current sorry state.

Regardless of the sinister intentions that GI have for the club, half of the current situation is an inheritance from the two previous poor boards and their inheritance of a manager who was patently not cut out for the job and should never have been appointed.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

The club has been rotten since Ling was sacked. I am aware GI weren't the owners then but the rot set in then due to mismanagement and a few people generally just being arseholes and thus eventually making the club easy pickings for predatory buyers like GI. The rot hasn't been stopped. It gets worse and will continue to do so yet Torquay fans are pinning their hopes for the future on the very people who are trying (IMO) to continue the rot to the detriment of the football club so that they can 'achieve their objectives'. Make of that what you will.

Travelling the ends of the UK to watch players who don't deserve employment in the profession and frequenting home games to keep pumping money into the club to keep it afloat when the very such is against the will of the owners (IMO) is lunacy. Clearly fans believe the club is in the right hands and it's only a matter of time before things improve. As is their right.

My argument is that we've been seeing the same things and saying the same things since relegation from the football league so with no real influx in money for a quality manager and decent squad or a change of mindset from the owners where they embrace the club and fans and begin transforming the whole place, how do things possibly improve?

They don't. They can't.
Ray Johnstone
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Halstead

Post by Ray Johnstone »

Tonight, I was once again informed that Paul Cox will be joining Torquay United in the coming days. He is expected to bring Matt Rhead and Ben Marvin in as assistant coaches, due to his regular assistants John Simpson and Mickey Moore being unable to commit to regular weekend commutes to the deep South of England.

Ray
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Deep South West.

I'll actually be more surprised about Rhead going than Cox. He scored a pen for Lincoln today at Carlisle and is going well.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

SenorDingDong wrote: 26 Aug 2017, 19:56 I heard that Chris Sutton has also been seen at Plainmoor :}

Let's get real people Dion Dublin is not going to be our next manager, he's done practically nothing in football aside from punditry since retiring, it's just some stupid rumour that originated on the Facebook group by one randomer who is bullshitting.
Facebook group, no need to say any more. :whistle:
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

Ray Johnstone wrote: 27 Aug 2017, 00:14 Tonight, I was once again informed that Paul Cox will be joining Torquay United in the coming days. He is expected to bring Matt Rhead and Ben Marvin in as assistant coaches, due to his regular assistants John Simpson and Mickey Moore being unable to commit to regular weekend commutes to the deep South of England.

Ray
I will eat my hat - so to speak
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular

Post by arrywithanh »

Yorkieandy wrote: 27 Aug 2017, 00:19 Deep South West.

I'll actually be more surprised about Rhead going than Cox. He scored a pen for Lincoln today at Carlisle and is going well.
Rhead is going nowhere, he is contracted at Lincoln and a significant part of the team
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

SenorDingDong wrote: 26 Aug 2017, 23:56 You're ignoring the fact that half those appointments took place when GI wasn't even the owner of the club, under 'fan boards'. The problem isn't appointing new managers or the frankly laughable accusation that United have been trending to NLS for a while now 'inevitably'. The problem is poor appointments in Hargreaves and Nicholson and absolutely shite off the field commercial management of the club under Thea Bristow and constant firefighting/stumbling from disaster to disaster under Dave Phillips. Had either Hargreaves or Nicholson not been appointed and experienced managers been in their place the club would not be in it's current sorry state. Regardless of the sinister intentions that GI have for the club, half of the current situation is an inheritance from the two previous poor boards and their inheritance of a manager who was patently not cut out for the job and should never have been appointed.
Absolutely spot on with all of that and now there is the worst imaginable assembly of the most unfit for purpose of the sick, lame and lazy seen since the days of National Service ~ let's wait and see the latest extension of Nicholson's 'Lottery Prize' to Torquay United on Monday.

Unqualified and inevitable mis-management of resources resulting of the poor appointments in Hargreaves and Nicholson by people incapable seeing beyond their yellow tinted sunglasses is what has brought this cub to it's knees and you're right; absolutely shite off the field commercial management of the club under Thea Bristow is another cancer that has had to be eradicated by the current ownership.

Yet incredibly I have been told that Farcegreaves has been bending the ear of Geoff Harrop in another attempt to weedle his way back into the manager's chair ~ you couldn't make this up really nor imagine a worst case scenario other than to actually re-appoint him with Nicholson as his assistant.

The appointment of the new manager will be the most pivotal and critical decision made at TQ1 ~ even far and beyond the recent calamitous procession of losers ~ ever, and will reveal the actual direction in which this ownership intend the club to go.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

After yesterday I doubt we will get the experienced battle hardened manager we want simply because anyone looking at our players knows they will be in for a 40 game fire fighting exercise. I doubt very much GI will give funds to rebuild the squad after nico has pissed all the money down the drain.
Any manager coming here is simply going to blot their copy book.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

I was told last night that although Paul Cox 'would walk back to Torquay for the opportunity' he hasn't actually applied for the job and was at Port Vale yesterday........

"Do you want the job or not Paul?" Anyone could make a better fist of it than Nicholson or his cursed legacy Herrera have so far. The club needs a miracle and it needs to start now!
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Merse....hargreaves ...honestly please no

Can we now please draw the line at thE GOLDEN GENERATION OF PLAYERS OF 2007 ONWARDS

It hasn't worked we need a manager independent and exempt from this golden generation

What next tim sills...wayne Carlisle....
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular

Post by arrywithanh »

merse btpir wrote: 27 Aug 2017, 08:56 I was told last night that although Paul Cox 'would walk back to Torquay for the opportunity' he hasn't actually applied for the job and was at Port Vale yesterday........

"Do you want the job or not Paul?" Anyone could make a better fist of it than Nicholson or his cursed legacy Herrera have so far. The club needs a miracle and it needs to start now!
I am pretty certain it is all sewn up... and it will not be Cox or a so called 'legend'