Tomlin Loan Extension

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ChineseGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Tomlin Loan Extension

Post by ChineseGull »

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/News/ ... 01,00.html

Tomlin's loan has been extended until the end of the season, which i'm assuming includes the playoffs (if we're in them). I just hope that the Daggers get a few wins and don't need to use the call-back clause.
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

:scarf: good news indeed!!
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

That's brilliant. Obviously I haven't seen him play but he has been popping up a fair bit on the MOTM threads since his arrival so he must be doing something right.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Great news.

Seems to have added a real balance to the front-line and has developed a good link up with Zebs. Hopefully he wont get recalled as is always the risk.
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Glad he's staying on, as others have said, he's worked will Zebs and offers something up front, exciting times these next few weeks.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Oh dear - he is awful.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

He was last night, brucie. Were you there?
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

No but wasn't very impressed with him against Cheltenham. Judging from the commentary he appeared to be awful though - Murray seems a far better player to me. Don't think Tomlin is what we need up front and he isn't as good as the wide men we have already.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

He was very poor the other night - looked disinterested, lazy. Hopefully it's just a blip as he and Murray linked up fairly well on occasions on Tuesday, I thought. Agree about Murray - had we had had him on Friday I think we'd have won, personally.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

brucie wrote:No but wasn't very impressed with him against Cheltenham. Judging from the commentary he appeared to be awful though - Murray seems a far better player to me. Don't think Tomlin is what we need up front and he isn't as good as the wide men we have already.
So, once again, you're making a snap judgement about a guy based on one match live and the opinion of someone else who commentates on the radio.

He's not awful, he's alright, not brilliant, but ok. You want awful, have a look at that **** Carryol (or however it's spelt), what a useless wank er he was for us and continues to be for Oxford, or Northampton or whichever bunch of nobodies are unfortunate to have signed him.

Say something useful, or say nothing at all.

As for you Nick, come on mate, perhaps he looked **** ed after a mammoth coach journey peppered with jogging up a motorway embankment. Give the guy to the end of the year and a few away trips which do not involve suicide, coach swaps and arriving 2 minutes before kick off. His goal against Shrewsbury was superb, quick, strong and the sort of finish which makes Messi and Ronaldo superstars. I'll tell you this for free, Benyon wouldn't have scored it. He'd have been knocked off the ball, and had he not, he'd have shot it at the keeper.
The lad is alright, and, given time, he might go on to be a good signing.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

I didn't say he wouldn't, what I did say is that he was useless for us and continues to be for Lincoln. He had about 4 good matches for us on prime pitches when the sun was out and he was in the shop window. Doubtless, Macklin would be the same. He's another who is all speed and no talent. Don't imagine that I want to dislike these guys, I don't, I try very hard to see the good in players. I like Danny Stevens, I think he changes games when he is used correctly, but I just cannot really find in my mind, with the exception of the aforementioned last few matches of last season, when Muzzy was genuinely any good for us. Raw talent, hmmm, I can't believe that the coaching staff at Lincoln are so bad that they cannot extract that natural talent from him, if it was there, surely any competent coach would find it? Perhaps I'm wrong, truth is, we'll never know for sure, but what we do know is that 3 league goals all season is not the sign of a kid who is likely to set the world alight.

Matt.
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

Matt, you should temper your criticism of Carayol, unless you want to check the match stats first.
Taking Cheltenham as the starting point, played 14 games, scored 5 goals (as a winger, not a striker) and we averaged 2 points a game in that period.
Thats a good return starting from February when it's hardly prime pitches and sunny weather is it?
Hardly "useless" in anyones book. Even someone who has an orange dagenham dustbin :)

Sure you didnt mean Green?
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

ferrarilover wrote:
As for you Nick, come on mate, perhaps he looked f**k ed after a mammoth coach journey peppered with jogging up a motorway embankment. Give the guy to the end of the year and a few away trips which do not involve suicide, coach swaps and arriving 2 minutes before kick off. His goal against Shrewsbury was superb, quick, strong and the sort of finish which makes Messi and Ronaldo superstars. I'll tell you this for free, Benyon wouldn't have scored it. He'd have been knocked off the ball, and had he not, he'd have shot it at the keeper.
The lad is alright, and, given time, he might go on to be a good signing.

Matt.
Perhaps so, Matt. But so did everyone else in our squad - Eunan, Manse, Jakey, Billy (who was probably knackered before we even got there :lol: ). Yet they all played better than he did. Maybe it's because Tomlin isn't used to the length we have to travel regularly, I do not know.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

How many more times.

Carayol hit a patch of form which was good, but it was at a time when he was playing for a move. So he had 5 goal scoring matches out of 14 in a 46 game season... Wow.
I'm not suggesting that he is the devil incarnate, I'm sure he is an average non league winger, but you cannot possibly hope to convince me that he brings sufficiently more to a team than, say, Tim Sills, as to warrant his place in a promotion chasing L2 squad.

Nick,
Are we writing him off after one below par match then?

Matt.
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

ferrarilover wrote:How many more times.
Carayol hit a patch of form which was good, but it was at a time when he was playing for a move. So he had 5 goal scoring matches out of 14 in a 46 game season... Wow.
I'm not suggesting that he is the devil incarnate, I'm sure he is an average non league winger, but you cannot possibly hope to convince me that he brings sufficiently more to a team than, say, Tim Sills, as to warrant his place in a promotion chasing L2 squad.
Matt.
Check the stats Matt. It was a 20 game league season for Carayol, not 46.
Dont get me wrong, I hardly think he was the model pro. If he paid more attention to turning up for training when he was supposed to, Bucks would probably have played him more.
However, when he did get a run in the team, regardless of if it was trying to advertise himself (come to think of it, isnt that what Jakey Robinson is doing? Putting himself in the window?) he still hit a good run of form and certainly looked good enough for L2.