Aldershot Town vs Torquay United 08.08.17

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

Dazza wrote: 09 Aug 2017, 18:12 The signing of Fallon has given Hargreaves and all an excuse not to do anything about signing a real target man for the 10 games before the club admit he can't get fit enough for this league ( or most others). Like it not we are not a natural promotion side and we aren't going to be able to play table top football. It's therefore a horrible mistake and will probably end up costing us 7 to 8 points in those first 10 games . I don't necessarily condone the Hargreaves witch hunt because it always overstates the available alternatives but this signing has been a nightmare one from day one.

Is this is post from a few seasons back that somehow predicted the Fallon signing :) wooooooooooaaaaaahhhhhhhh
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Dazza wrote: 09 Aug 2017, 18:12 The signing of Fallon has given Hargreaves and all an excuse not to do anything about signing a real target man for the 10 games before the club admit he can't get fit enough for this league ( or most others). Like it not we are not a natural promotion side and we aren't going to be able to play table top football. It's therefore a horrible mistake and will probably end up costing us 7 to 8 points in those first 10 games . I don't necessarily condone the Hargreaves witch hunt because it always overstates the available alternatives but this signing has been a nightmare one from day one.
Attachments
a2e2c23b6669a334364c83e892bdc9649deeec1aa530b29ce4b6f73f37539d0d.jpg
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

arrywithanh wrote: 09 Aug 2017, 18:05 yawn... yawn... and more yawn... have you finished writing your next love letter to KN?? :lol:
Have you found the courage to face Steve Breed yet?

Thought not :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular

Post by arrywithanh »

ha, tempting... but he might eat me...
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

wivelgull wrote: 09 Aug 2017, 15:29 'There are some very knowledgeable posters on this forum....' is a comment I noticed from a previous contributor. There are also some pontificators. So what is a 'pontificator'? Someone who appears to be 'very knowledgeable', but in reality doesn't have the faintest idea what he's talking about.
Ha - excellent post, Wivel. And the cap fits PERFECTLY, arrywithanh. I have a theory. You list Chris Hargreaves as your favourite player. No quibble with that. But I think you are so far up Hargreaves ar*e that when Nicho replaced him as manager (and let's be honest, Hargreaves as manager was a total car-crash), you have a perverse dislike of Nicholson.

As I replied to Brucie, let's just wait and see how things pan out by the end of August, shall we? As for your opinion on Williams, he is not a team player. And this is why he is not playing for a league team, skillful as he is ....... when he chooses to be. He will move from club to club. He won't be at Bromley next season - you'll see.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

arrywithanh called Lucy ridiculous when she claimed that Tranmere would walk the league. This after just one game. How can she possibly know or predict that after just one game? Then suddenly on page 7 of this very thread Brett Williams is predicted to 'score more goals this season than our whole forward line'.

How can he possibly know this?

Especially after just one game? ;-)
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

arrywithanh wrote: 09 Aug 2017, 19:05 ha, tempting... but he might eat me...
Well didn't he sack you so you're obviously not to his taste.......
Dave

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Yorkieandy wrote: 09 Aug 2017, 19:24 arrywithanh called Lucy ridiculous when she claimed that Tranmere would walk the league. This after just one game. How can she possibly know or predict that after just one game? Then suddenly on page 7 of this very thread Brett Williams is predicted to 'score more goals this season than our whole forward line'.

How can he possibly know this?

Especially after just one game? ;-)

Perhaps he should just Park his caravan up somewhere else 😉
Dave

arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular

Post by arrywithanh »

Now I am lost, firstly I would never work for Steve Breed? Second, Brett added two to the tally last night, I still think he will score more than our whole forward line :):):):):):)

Bring on the mighty Gateshead!!
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

arrywithanh wrote: 09 Aug 2017, 20:00 Now I am lost, firstly I would never work for Steve Breed? Second, Brett added two to the tally last night, I still think he will score more than our whole forward line :):):):):):)

Two what? Goals? Nope, just another booking making it two from two. His current goal tally? Zero. Less than our whole forward line
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

arrywithanh wrote: 09 Aug 2017, 20:00 Now I am lost, firstly I would never work for Steve Breed? Second, Brett added two to the tally last night, I still think he will score more than our whole forward line :):):):):):)

No you wouldn't, but that was his choice and nice to see you're as knowledgeable as always when it comes to forwards :-D
Dave

arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular

Post by arrywithanh »

:)
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular

Post by arrywithanh »

perhaps I dreamed it.... DOH!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Dreamers tend to do that.......
Dave

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

arrywithanh wrote: 09 Aug 2017, 20:00 Now I am lost, firstly I would never work for Steve Breed? [highlight=yellow]Second, Brett added two to the tally last night[/highlight], I still think he will score more than our whole forward line :):):):):):)

good to know that you're keeping an eye on (other) players and know what they are doing....

:rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468