Where is our home kit?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Where is our home kit?

Post by Gloomy Gull »

.......does anyone know? or are we playing in stripes all season?
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

I find it strange that we haven't had much communication about this.

Wasn't the final design meant to come from a competition - did we ever see the winning shirt? I might have msised it...

I appreciate the limitations, but we're still not there with the whole commercial aspect of running a football club.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

bobby93 wrote:I find it strange that we haven't had much communication about this
The sad thing is I dont!

Par for the course at the moment - poor communication from club and generally bad organisation.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

NEW KIT TO BE WORN ON SATURDAY AGAINST BARROW.
Stucolls
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Stucolls »

It arrived on Monday, unfortunately the away kit had already been registered with the league for last nights game so the home kit will be worn on Saturday
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Thanks for the update Stu.

Is it yellow ???!!! :whistle:
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Anyone seen it?

Perhaps the club can do a bit of PR in order to gain interest and get people ready to snap them up?!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Havent had a home shirt in a while and i was interested in getting one especially with 10% being a ST holder, why is it so hard to post a picture on the website?
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

you'd think it'd be up on the website for viewing, and in the shop for pre orders for those who buy every kit whatever is looks like

the old home kit is still full price i notice?
still keeping the faith
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

bixieupnorth wrote:you'd think it'd be up on the website for viewing, and in the shop for pre orders for those who buy every kit whatever is looks like

the old home kit is still full price i notice?
You would indeed think that. It's almost like the whole thing is an afterthought.

The club are always saying how little money there is but when it comes to making some, we can't leave it up to Nicho to be drumming up all the support. Commercially and socially, we have been left behind.

Another example - I've had to chase twice to be invoiced for player sponsorship and STILL haven't received one.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Quite a nice kit - reminds me a lot of the iconic 2003/04 kit. It certainly looks like a Torquay kit, which is all you can ask for really. Well, as long as the actual material is of a good quality, and we'll find that out on Saturday.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

one word....crap!
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

:nod: Ha, each to their own I suppose.

Personally I like it, and will be buying one on Saturday. At the end of the day, it was always going to be yellow and blue and I like the blue band running down the shoulders and arms and the club crest on a blue circular background. The subtle pin stripe running down it also looks good - will need to see it "in the flesh" but like the look of it in the photos. I am also a big fan of having blue shorts with the yellow shirt a la Brazil!

Nice one Arthur (from Brazil, of course!) :lol:
Last edited by CP Gull on 11 Aug 2016, 20:10, edited 2 times in total.
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

Not too bad but not our best either. I won't be buying this one but I'm sorely tempted to pick up the black/white away kit, it's definitely a grower. If the kit had arrived on Monday, surely it would have made sense to reveal it bit by bit, with parts of the kit blacked out? If only to get more people aware that it'll be on sale on Saturday and to tie in with the fact that it was chosen as part of a competition.

Also we have a fan in Brazil? Surely there's a story behind that, surprised the official site didn't get into more detail on it.