Huth in two minds?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Mr Burnz
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sako

Post by Mr Burnz »

If I knew my contribution was going directly towards his SO fee, I would happily put in £200/250. But there's no guarantee of that, and like someone said above, there maybe more to it than this...
Oh Fer Christ Sake
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Courteney Richards

Post by Oh Fer Christ Sake »

eastmoorgull wrote:"this simply isn't true."

I was there, I saw KN's reaction.

Watch KN at the end ......................Is that the reaction of a manager who isnt interested? Of course many other factors have to come into play, the next day; but in terms of how Huth played I'm sure Kev was thinking in a positive forward direction at that time. And so were many many others.Power of bloody hind sight ofcs
You're judging from an amateur psychologists guesswork based on a YouTube video. My counter comes from a marginally* more authoritative source.

*not marginal in the slightest.
DJ Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by DJ Gull »

Well this popped up on bbc 9mins ago http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36984696
To the dotted line, We're on our way
aggrey_25
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: aggrey

Post by aggrey_25 »

surely if fans were informed of something like this instead of simply dismiss it we could have helped.... i know atleast 3 people who would have contributed £250 each for this... otherwise what the hell is our starting line up at the back tomorrow??
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

DJ Gull wrote:Well this popped up on bbc 9mins ago http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36984696
In fairness this might be an old story. Brent only announced Gus and Barnsley (like it was an exclusive!) after he had already said his goodbyes!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

aggrey_25 wrote:surely if fans were informed of something like this instead of simply dismiss it we could have helped.... i know atleast 3 people who would have contributed £250 each for this... otherwise what the hell is our starting line up at the back tomorrow??
http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8221
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
aggrey_25
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by aggrey_25 »

what is the point in transferring it now when they wont use it towards that, i want to personally know its going to sign him and have the assurances. seems all of you paying dont know where this money is going. IF they could guarantee me my transfer of whatever i pay goes to the signing of Huth id do it in a heartbeat
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Kevin Nicholson
1 min ·
First game of the season tomorrow and therefor the only one that matters to us, on the road again and looking forward to the big Ko.
I've had a lot of messages regarding Ronald Huth after his excellent debut on Monday.
I don’t think it is professional or ethical to discuss the particulars of contract offers or agreements.
He was a player we were interested in having here. We made him an excellent offer which he did not want to accept. He is a player we like and would like to see more of, and we wish him well for his career short and long term, where ever that maybe.
I am working on adding players to the squad right now, but as ever, I will only ever commit funds to players that are within the clubs means after I have done a thorough check on all areas of the player. If money were no object, I would like to pay everyone a lot more, but that isn’t the reality we are working with
I think football clubs can get into trouble when they commit resources to unknowns without doing due diligence, and this club has been guilty of that in the past. I value the contributions made to the players fund so highly that I am totally committed to using them as best I possibly can and to getting the best value possible.
We have just seen an example of whereby a young player, Gus, has moved on and made the club a decent fee, and that concept, developing players to improve our short term results and to help them reach their full potential, is another factor in the players I bring here.
I think it is fair to say that the players I have had in this program have all improved in the time they were here. Gus, Smithy, Butler, Bliss, Court, I think they would all tell you they felt they were improving here, and we will work to do the same for every single player we have here; develop the person, the player and maximise potential.
That is the statement of intent we have for any player who we work with.
Right now though it's all about Macclesfield.
Nicho
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

It's kind of what i've been thinking about Huth, I didn't see the game so I can't comment on his performance it's pretty much universally accepted that he was brilliant. If so why is a 26 year old Paraguayan who is apparently as good as this trialling for Conference sides?! Is he a bit of a rogue? Is he the sort of guy that will be head and shoulders against good opposition in an August friendly but come January when we are away at Barrow or Solihull is he going to fancy that too much?! i don't know.

Naturally I'd have been pleased had he signed but it looks dead, for me I'd love to see a 30+ year old proven reliable centre half at this level come in. Not always easy to find but a back 4 of Verma - Gerring- McGinty -LRT worries me quite frankly long term it lacks any kind of experience and needs a leader in there. Huth may have been an excellent player, he might not have been what we actually needed though at this point.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

aggrey_25 wrote:what is the point in transferring it now when they wont use it towards that, i want to personally know its going to sign him and have the assurances. seems all of you paying dont know where this money is going. IF they could guarantee me my transfer of whatever i pay goes to the signing of Huth id do it in a heartbeat
Why do you think you should decide who the manager signs?

I trust Nicho's judgment more than yours.

Let me remind people that this bloke has played well in 1 FRIENDLY. There is a reason he is being touted around National League clubs, possibly his reportedly awful disciplinary record. (34 yellows and 3 reds in 68 games apparently).

We only have a limited amount of money and Nicho has to be very careful how he spends it. New players have to fit into the dressing room, one bad apple could ruin our excellent team spirit.

Let's leave the football decisions up to the manager.

£1000 may not sound like a lot but how do you think the other players who have signed for probably low wages would feel if we suddenly splash out more than 2 weeks worth of their pay on a signing on fee after telling them we are skint?

Plus surely we all realize that players regularly tell supporters what they want to hear, whose to say there is any truth in his tweet? Or indeed that it hasn't simply been misinterpreted as his English isn't spot on.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

I have friends who went off for holidays/travelling to Australia. They have had a f**king great time a fell in love with Oz. They came home from this experience and sold up everything they had to commit to moving to the dream. Six months later they have returned back home miserable, skint and hating the fact they splashed all their money (and more) on a dream which turned into a nightmare. Once back they had to take jobs beneath them to try to make ends meet, they lived in far less pleasant surroundings then they did previously and the fell out with each other a lot more than before. All because they threw 'all in' without giving the decision a thorough evaluation.

In Nicho we trust.
TUST member 328
northlondongull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by northlondongull »

Still holding out for a Nathan Smith signs on loan story before the end of the day.

Fair enough if Nicho made Huth a good offer and he did not accept it. The club will have a wage plan and it would not be smart to break this for one talented but unknown player at this stage. I am sure that Hutch will surface somewhere else and succeed.
aggrey_25
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by aggrey_25 »

but who do we have at the back jerry? even if it was a 6 month contract get the guy in he can clearly play. currently i envisage after conceding 4 against bath, and the rest in pre season we could be on the end of a hiding tomorrow because we didn't make the judgement call and now left with a former bideford player as our main centre half.... our defence for the opening game of the season is simply not good enough and not enough experience as a centre half pairing..
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

I was not at the WBA game but from the reports I have heard from those that were Gerring gave an excellent first half performance. He has his chance whilst Nicho recruits a Gus replacement.
TUST member 328
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

aggrey_25 wrote:but who do we have at the back jerry? even if it was a 6 month contract get the guy in he can clearly play. currently i envisage after conceding 4 against bath, and the rest in pre season we could be on the end of a hiding tomorrow because we didn't make the judgement call and now left with a former bideford player as our main centre half.... our defence for the opening game of the season is simply not good enough and not enough experience as a centre half pairing..
Yes I agree with you there, we definitely need somebody but we shouldn't rush to get just anybody in, I'd rather we had a slightly dodgy defence for a few games and then got the right man in for the rest of the season than rushed to sign someone just for the sake of it. Don't forget that this is the back four that were always going to play in this game anyway as Angus was suspended.