Dan Lavercombe out

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

With Verma stepping in as Right Back and McDonald soon to be sidelined we must do everything we can in order to keep Moore.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Moore will be staying with us until the end of the season.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Southampton Gull wrote:Moore will be staying with us until the end of the season.
That is great news. That could make all the difference.
LesLawrencesAfro
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by LesLawrencesAfro »

Fantastic news!
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

Southampton Gull wrote:Moore will be staying with us until the end of the season.
Yesterday Moore played his last game on his initial loan. Has his extension been officially confirmed by the club?

If so, surely Lavercombe will need to go back to Wigan or act as ball boy because there can't be a place for him in the squad as a loan player.
TUST member 200 ;-)
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

torq2u wrote: Yesterday Moore played his last game on his initial loan. Has his extension been officially confirmed by the club? If so, surely Lavercombe will need to go back to Wigan or act as ball boy because there can't be a place for him in the squad as a loan player.
This is grossly unfair and insulting to Dan Lavercombe and it isn't funny even if it is meant to be. Until his untimely injury, Lavercombe was very much part of Nicho's revival squad and we were very happy that the deal with Wigan allowed him to remain at Plainmoor on loan. Brendon Moore has proved a great signing but if he should pick up an injury during our final four games, we will be bliddy pleased that Lavercombe is still with us. Personally, IF we win the next two games against Altrincham and Bromley, I would like to see Lavercombe on the bench for the home game against Barrow and brought on in the second half so that we fans have a chance to say 'Thanks, Goodbye and Good Luck' to him. But then, I'm a sentimental old fool and there isn't much sentiment in football.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

That means Fisher starter as Moore and Lavercombe cannot both be in the matchday '16' together due to loan limits!
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

Yellow4life wrote:That means Fisher starter as Moore and Lavercombe cannot both be in the matchday '16' together due to loan limits!
No - not necessarily. One of the other loanees - Josh Rees for instance - could be omitted from the squad. Not really fair on Josh (or whoever was left out) but it could be a hypothetical option ......... ;-)

Anyway, whatever happens, I'm sure all on here without the memory of a goldfish will thank Lavercombe for his part in the Gull's revival and wish him well at Wigan and his future. He seems to be a level headed lad with a good attitude and I think he has a bright future in the game.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Moore is an 'emergency keeper' signing so we can't have him in the 16 if Lavercombe is in it, so it's literally one or the other + Fisher.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

Gulliball wrote:Moore is an 'emergency keeper' signing so we can't have him in the 16 if Lavercombe is in it, so it's literally one or the other + Fisher.
Ahhh ........ yes. I hadn't thought of that - thanks.
Markh84
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Brendan Moore

Post by Markh84 »

Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

tomogull wrote: Ahhh ........ yes. I hadn't thought of that - thanks.
That's what I mean't by 'loan limits' but maybe i should have exercised my full explanation! :nod:
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

Yellow4life wrote: That's what I mean't by 'loan limits' but maybe i should have exercised my full explanation! :nod:
Yes - for us old gits, we need everything explained very carefully ...... :-D
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

tomogull wrote: Yes - for us old gits, we need everything explained very carefully ...... :-D
Hence my original statement of fact, and not trying to be funny. I have been an advocate of Dan for the past year, but he was back at the club last Tuesday helping Moore to warm up (wasted as a ball boy). I really don't go for dropping an outfield loanee - we simply can't afford to IMHO.

Your truly, A N Otheroldgit
TUST member 200 ;-)
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Altringham have a very poor away record, long may it continue!
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal: