Disgrace Big Time

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

He's a Yeovil fan, Jeff ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
yeovilgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by yeovilgull »

gullintwoplaces wrote:I see that the instigator of this thread is from Yeovil. I don't think he understands the advantage that Yeovil have with regard to postponements. If we have a hand's width of rain in the 48 hours before a game it's usually off, with the extra finger in Yeovil you will have fewer postponements.

See you in the National League next season Somerset, hopefully we will still be in the top division to play you.
Not sure where it says he's from Yeovil but if he is he will know it's been chucking it down here for the last few days including overnight and this morning. Having been caught out a few times travelling down on the day to find the game off I have to agree it was totally the right decision. Just hoping we can get a few dry days in before Tuesday to give the game a chance.

Somerset, if you can't be sensible get off my patch lol. Gullintwoplaces, I won't take your comment personally as I was born in Torquay. Can't speak for my kids though who were born up here!!
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

yeovilgull wrote: Not sure where it says he's from Yeovil but if he is he will know it's been chucking it down here for the last few days including overnight and this morning. Having been caught out a few times travelling down on the day to find the game off I have to agree it was totally the right decision. Just hoping we can get a few dry days in before Tuesday to give the game a chance.

Somerset, if you can't be sensible get off my patch lol. Gullintwoplaces, I won't take your comment personally as I was born in Torquay. Can't speak for my kids though who were born up here!!
Just a jibe at an obvious troll! Please don't take it personally! His previous weather obsessed postings suggest he's from Yeovil.
yeovilgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by yeovilgull »

No offence taken. Just couldn't resist the comment on a miserable wet afternoon with no foottie!! My kids would never see it anyway. They were banned from anything yellow and blue at an early age by my ex!!
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

so its off and braintree have another game off! so what, thats because its been pissing down for days and again today. and so have other teams in the last fews weeks!, carlilse, accrington to name a couple, and i reckon had exeters game been today they would have been off too.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Decision completely justified, I image Plainmoor is under water after the rain this morning.. It is worse to prevaricate because then everyone loses out.
TUST number 080
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Lucy
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Just shows how moronic the OP is.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

I do hope next years drainage is as good as they say it's going to be. I would also get Truro to pay for a set of covers!
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
BayGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jools Holland

Post by BayGull »

They will be wearing blades and skating up there on Tuesday!

http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/S ... story.html
davidcaldwell123
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Marl Loram

Post by davidcaldwell123 »

Is this a rain competition as West Coast of Scotland is in, I am building an ark to take all the FREE players onto and sailing them to Torquay! lol
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

Wouldn't be surprised if Tuesday's game is called off tomorrow.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Scott Brehaut wrote:Just shows how moronic the OP is.
Agree. He still managed to get his thread to 3 pages though when it would have been better ignored ;-)
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

General discussion thread, stef you old git ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Anyone who has been watching TUFC for more than a couple of seasons will know that the pitch is particularly vulnerable once January comes and postponements frequent. This obviously creates a backlog of fixtures to be played.

Not sure how this work out next year, if Truro are playing at Plainmoor as well - the pitch is likely to be in some trouble once April comes around un;ess of course the revenue gained by having Truro will pay for the work that is needed to make the pitch more durable.