Martin ling

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
sevilla66
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Martin Rice

Post by sevilla66 »

I am really pleased to read of Martin's appointment as manager of Swindon. As a Gulls fan for many years I was heartily sickened and ashamed by the way the previous board treated him [ and in this respect I firmly believe Thea was leant on very heavily by more than one of her fellow directors to go along with, against her true instinct, the devious little scheme which had been concocted to remove Martin ]. Whilst one can never be absolutely sure, I doubt very much whether we would be in the current situation we find ourselves in, had we stayed loyal to Martin. He is a very accomplished manager and I hope very much that he succeeds with Swindon and proves the doubters wrong.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Could be good news for us - another 'contact' for Nicho to potentially get a loan or two...
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Pleased for him and he's going to do well IMO.

Best manager TUFC had since Leroys good times.

Never forget Brisrol Rovers away second game of the season! Thanks Martin!
basingstoke gull
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by basingstoke gull »

So pleased for Martin A very knowledgable football man with a love of Swindon. Will do well I'm sure.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Great to see that he looks so well.
Good luck Lingy!!
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Good luck to Lingy. I, as did many others, believed the rumours to be true at the time which in hindsight doesn't reflect well. There's no doubt that his departure prompted our decline.

It's impressive that he's got into a league 1 team and as others have said hopefully he can send some decent pro's down to us, perhaps in January.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ok-6761327
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

sevilla66 wrote:I am really pleased to read of Martin's appointment as manager of Swindon. As a Gulls fan for many years I was heartily sickened and ashamed by the way the previous board treated him [ and in this respect I firmly believe Thea was leant on very heavily by more than one of her fellow directors to go along with, against her true instinct, the devious little scheme which had been concocted to remove Martin ]. Whilst one can never be absolutely sure, I doubt very much whether we would be in the current situation we find ourselves in, had we stayed loyal to Martin. He is a very accomplished manager and I hope very much that he succeeds with Swindon and proves the doubters wrong.
Absolutely right. Good luck Martin. One of the Gulls' top managers along with Webber, O'Farrell, Knowles, Rosenior, and Buckle.
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

Good luck to Martin, a top bloke. Here's hoping it's the start of him rebuilding his career.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Interesting to read that Mr. Buckle is now regarded as 'one of the Gulls' top managers' [remembering the hoo-hah when he left].
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

wivelgull wrote:Interesting to read that Mr. Buckle is now regarded as 'one of the Gulls' top managers' [remembering the hoo-hah when he left].
Paul Buckle's record speaks for itself, and the controversy surrounding his leaving the club cannot alter that record, just as the manner of Martin Ling's dismissal is a somewhat different issue from his managerial record here and, for that matter, his illness itself.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35194340

Has resigned as swindon manager because of heath reasons.

get well soon martin.
BayGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jools Holland

Post by BayGull »

Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Such a shame as he was doing so well but his health and family's wellbeing are far more important.

Hope he gets back to place he seemed to be in prior to taking the Swindon job.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

Really sad for the guy. Hope he gets well soon.
TUST member 203