Next Manager- confirmed: Kevin Nicholson

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

No to Sean Joyce
No to Steve Tully
No to Shaun North
No to Kevin Nicholson
No to Alex Russell
No to Chris Todd

I despair sometimes, when I see the names people are canvassing for. Any on that list would be suicidal in my view and just confirm relegation. The board have done a few daft things since they took over but if they have gone down the old player route, then they are beyond stupid.
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

alleluia........some sense
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

To reiterate: I've no problem with Kevin Nicholson. I'm sure he'll make a fine manager one day (as will Chris Hargreaves, I think), but money or no money, we need someone with at least some managerial experience right now. Nicho has none. I cannot believe that out of 129 applicants, there's no one more suitable. If he's appointed, I'll get behind him but, for the life of me, I can't see why he'd be appointed.
TUST member 203
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

A friend of mine was with an ex-bideford player last night and was told that Sean Joyce was in at TUFC......... Could be garbage but I know the person he was with at this function.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Look at the appointment from the chairman's point of view he's got limited money and in business you treat money like it's your own you don't waste it.
There are no guarantee's paying £1,000 a week for a manager and getting success but if you think you can get a manager you believe can do a similar job for less then you would be inclined to go that route. The problem being how long do you give the manager to prove himself. I think till the end of the season with a small bonus to keep us up. If we stay up he rewards him with a new contract.
The chairman cannot, please everyone but he will do what he thinks is best for the club. Best of luck to him because a lot of it is luck with a little bit of judgement in getting it right.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

arcadia wrote:Look at the appointment from the chairman's point of view he's got limited money and in business you treat money like it's your own you don't waste it.
There are no guarantee's paying £1,000 a week for a manager and getting success but if you think you can get a manager you believe can do a similar job for less then you would be inclined to go that route. The problem being how long do you give the manager to prove himself. I think till the end of the season with a small bonus to keep us up. If we stay up he rewards him with a new contract.
The chairman cannot, please everyone but he will do what he thinks is best for the club. Best of luck to him because a lot of it is luck with a little bit of judgement in getting it right.
This could be an historic moment, one that may or may not happen again. I 100% agree with your post, think you have spot on. Is there two different people using the account named arcadia ?
Formerly known as forevertufc
pinitgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by pinitgull »

Opening myself up to ridicule a bit i know...haven't heard Rob Edwards name mentioned....? Alex Russell assisting. I know it didn't work for him at Tranmere, highly regarded coach, footballing philosophy, might get us playing some decent stuff.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Two different people have already mentioned the same name, any point throwing alternative names into the ring, knowing one of those two people , I would suggest not.
Formerly known as forevertufc
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

forevertufc wrote: This could be an historic moment, one that may or may not happen again. I 100% agree with your post, think you have spot on. Is there two different people using the account named arcadia ?
Forever I have been there done all this and had to make these decisions at a good level but it was nice to get a 100%. The reason we disagree about football coaching or football matters is because I look at the game as a manager and I assure you it's totally different look on the game. I do take everything seriously and the things we disagree with I have my reasons. Yes I know you think I'm nuts but perhaps you might think why I think my way one day.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

arcadia wrote:Look at the appointment from the chairman's point of view he's got limited money and in business you treat money like it's your own you don't waste it.

:goodpost:
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

forevertufc wrote:Trouble is Scott, when the new board took over they placed CH on gardening leave (effectively sacked him) and brought in a new manager, it says the board of the football club do not trust CH to do the job, so how could they then, because it's not all worked out quite as they hoped, go back to CH and say, come on then mate, come back to work for us.

They couldn't, could they.
I'm not saying that Dave - I'm saying that if they are going to appoint Nico (and it's looking very likely), they may as well have kept CH - in essence, not bothered sacking him. Nico has similar, if not less, experience than CH had when he was taken on by the club.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

There is tremendous pressure on the Board to make the right appointment within the club's financial restrictions. I don't think the appointment of Kevin Nicholson would be right at this time, either for the club or for Kevin. I think Nicholson could make a good manager but as his first appointment, he deserves a club that is more financially secure than we are at present.
bengull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by bengull »

We just have to get behind the new appointment, whoever it is. It's as simple as that.

What's the alternative? Throw toys out of the pram? Boycott? Predict the apocalypse before the man has even stepped foot onto the training pitch? All those things will just be contributing to the problem.

We get who we get, who whatever pauce amount of money we do have allows us to get. If we're writing the new man off before he gets his feet under the desk then we might as well chuck the chains around the gates at Plainmoor, it amounts to the same thing.

Personally, I will be pleased with anyone. Why anyone would risk their reputation and come and give us a go God only knows, so fair play for having the balls to take it on.

Just get behind the lads.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Scott Brehaut wrote: I'm not saying that Dave - I'm saying that if they are going to appoint Nico (and it's looking very likely), they may as well have kept CH - in essence, not bothered sacking him. Nico has similar, if not less, experience than CH had when he was taken on by the club.
The difference is Hargreaves has already proved he isn't a good manager. Nobody knows that about Nicholson.

How about giving him a chance before judging him?
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

it's the wrong time to be taking risks on an unproven manager. at least from football league relegation we could still play professionally in the conference. however if we balls this season up, then we're part time, and ****!
The gulls are going up