Potential Signings

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

happytorq wrote:"Exodus Geohaghon" is the best damn name for a footballer I've ever heard.

If we don't chant the Bob Marley song I'll be sorely disappointed.

Why would we sing "Get up, Stand up"?

:)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Scott Brehaut wrote: You do get the feeling that there will be no more f**king around when it comes to compensation for our players now, and that we will no longer be pushovers.
My understanding is that as he's never signed a professional deal we will receive a set fee no matter who he signs for. It won't be life changing either, as he was only here a few years.

Toby Ajala will go to tribunal unless we agree a fee, which is also likely to be pretty nominal.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Looks like a few of the trialists have left: striker James Alabi, defender Jim Fenlon and 'Hutchinson' and 'Fox' have left the club.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Gulliball wrote: My understanding is that as he's never signed a professional deal we will receive a set fee no matter who he signs for. It won't be life changing either, as he was only here a few years.

Toby Ajala will go to tribunal unless we agree a fee, which is also likely to be pretty nominal.
lol , tribunal it is then. Only one winner there then and it ain't the gas!

Look forward to that.
lucusmc
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by lucusmc »

I heard we went in for Matt Rhead ( the mansfield connection again) but he has chosen Lincoln on a two year deal.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

happytorq wrote:"Exodus Geohaghon" is the best damn name for a footballer I've ever heard.

If we don't chant the Bob Marley song I'll be sorely disappointed.
It's good but it's no Jamie Victory or Danny Invincible.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

lucusmc wrote:I heard we went in for Matt Rhead ( the mansfield connection again) but he has chosen Lincoln on a two year deal.

I don't doubt that he might have been a target if he was available now, but given that Rhead signed a two year deal with Lincoln on the 14th May and Paul Cox wasn't appointed here until over a month later on the 17th of June, then I can't see how he could have chosen Lincoln over a Paul Cox managed Torquay United,unless you are suggesting he was a target for Chris Hargreaves?
KeithMalone
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by KeithMalone »

To the person who mentioned Kieffer Moore, from what I hear he is due to sign for Viking in Norway
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

KeithMalone wrote:To the person who mentioned Kieffer Moore, from what I hear he is due to sign for Viking in Norway
That seems a shame, if he is as potentially good as a couple of posters on here have said he is, then it could be a missed opportunity if we havent even had a proper look at him and he hasnt even really been mentioned as a possibility. We have already missed him once, there were a few people championing him a while before Yeovil came calling, looks like we will miss out again.

A young local lad who has played at a higher level, people have rated as a potentially very good player and we are going to just let him go off to Norway, although they are in the top Norweigian league and are one of the countries most successful clubs, unless it is a wages thing surely we could be a better option for him.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
gullsdiv2
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Louis Briscoe

Post by gullsdiv2 »

I think if Hargreaves and hodges were here we'd have definitely looked at him as he played under Hodges at Truro! I'd imagine he's on more money at a top Norwegian club than what we could have offered anyway!
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I've just been informed that GILBERT has signed a new five-year contract.
That was a Gull
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Adrian Foster

Post by That was a Gull »

Is there any news on Kadell Daniel?

I had a gut feeling that he would return, especially once Charlton had released him and our takeover was completed.
The proof is in the pudding, and the pudding, in this case, is a football.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Is there any sign of another 'keeper yet? I take it Lavercombe has played all of both PSFs so far?

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

top of his priority list apparently.i suppose its finding a decent keeper within our budget. lenny pidgleys name has been mentioned.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

ROADRUNNER wrote:top of his priority list apparently.i suppose its finding a decent keeper within our budget. lenny pidgleys name has been mentioned.

Would be very happy with that, be surprised if we could afford him though.

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084