Aldershot v Torquay Easter Monday 3PM KO

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Forest gull wrote:Hargreaves will hopefully have a long peaceful summer off
...........and find a new career in which he might have a sprinkling of skill ..................PLEASE
Last edited by Gloomy Gull on 06 Apr 2015, 16:48, edited 1 time in total.
SWgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by SWgull »

At this rate, we won't pick up another point this season. Thoroughly depressing. It seems inconceivable that CH and LH will still both be in post next season.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

And people wonder why Brucie goes elsewhere.......can't blame him.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Shut up Dave Thomas, you haven't a clue what your talking about. Braintree have just gone above us in the league, how much money have they got ? doughnut.
Formerly known as forevertufc
SWgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by SWgull »

Indeed, the whole spin of 'we have no money' and that is why we are struggling no longer, if it ever did, holds water. We have been regularly outplayed by part timers this season.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Forest gull »

At least we can't get relegated.................

CH tried hard to get us relegated but just failed. Tool.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

CH will do his best to relegate us next year .........

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Still..............as Dave Thomas (Hargreaves biggest fan!!) says ..."he has had no budget this season" .."with no money it's hard to bring in quality players"..it will all be alright next season when Hapless Hargreaves can offload the high earners and chose his own players.

Because he has shown how adept he is at picking up useful players, with little money to spend, this season and his budget will be soooo much bigger next year to give him the opportunity to bring in better players, especially with his obvious ability to spot a gem - as shown so often this season in the players he has brought in to date :lol:

You do hear Thomas better if you stand behind him - I think his mouth has changed places with his a$$ :P
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

I like Dave Thomas but he makes more excuses for our pitiful performances than Hargreaves! Apparently, this isn't our first team. Yes, we're missing Young and Bowman who are key players but it's not as if we've got our second-string side out there when we have the likes of Downes, Pearce, Harding, Briscoe etc all playing.

On the plus side, we're now mathematically safe from relegation following Welling's defeat. Well unless we enter administration between now and the end of the season!
BayGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jools Holland

Post by BayGull »

That was dire!
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

How anyone can defend Hargreaves is beyond me, Dave Thomas can't expect to use the excuses he's just used and expect anyone to swallow that crap.

Hargreaves is history now surely, there was a hint of his cack decision making early on when he brought back players that had been frozen out by KnillKnill only to release them at the end of the season. But before he goes I would just like to know just how much training has actually been taking place. Very little I suspect.
TUST MEMBER No. 166

JOHNSON HAD A DREAM
TO BUILD FOOTBALL TEAM
HE HAD NO JOB SO HE CAME TO THE GULLS
WITH CAMERON AT THE BACK
AND REIDY IN ATTACK
WE'RE TORQUAY UNITED
WE'RE ON OUR WAY BACK !!
Tamargull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by Tamargull »

Seems like no leadership from the board, an ineffective manager and players simply not good enough. Not until extra time in the second half did we muster a shot on goal - simply pathetic, in short, a load of garbage!! Who can now defend CH? When has he shown he can actually motivate the players and instil self belief? When has he shown he can change a game from the touchline? (in a positive way!!) Simply has to go.
If Sturrock does come in he has a massive job on his hands - would not blame him if he reflected and decided not to get involved. The whole situation feels like a club in terminal decline. We are at a lower point than any time in our history.
Respect to the 100+ fans who made the trip today.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

I still can't get my head around the idea that a football manager can't be sacked if he turns out to be completely inept. On that basis, a team could do even worse than Torquay and the manager is still safe from being shown the door without hefty compensation. I wish this season would end now.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Trouble is Dave Thomas enjoys starring with a glazed loving look in his eyes at Chris Hargreaves. He said José Mourinho couldn't do anything with TUFC with out money, jeez what a plank DT is. bet you pound to a penny, Mourinho would run proper training sessions, would be able to coach the very basic defensive organization, be able to coach our players on how to pass a ball 5 yards up the pitch to another player in yellow shirt, and be able to spot some of our players just are not up to it, and replace with in budget with players who were better.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Hargreaves should have kept his gob shut instead of slating another manager and getting him the sack. If he had, he would probably be on the payroll of a Premier League club next season.

Yet another shrewd move by our manager........he really is priceless.

If I was Sturrock, I'd be making sure that my involvement was only as a recruitment consultant. I'd stay well clear of the top job.