Thea Bristow to resign

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

kevgull wrote:Timeline of the Bristow reign. :scarf:

http://www.westernmorningnews.co.uk/Rem ... story.html
:clap:
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

So what happens next?
Thea has said that she will cease her funding at the end of the season, so is the money already in place to pay the players up to the end of their contracts, which I think is to the end of June? I suppose that we have to assume that there are also funds available to pay staff & players still under contract over the closed season.
What happens if new owners are not in place ready to take over from Thea? Would the club be able to borrow money for wages etc. as Thea is leaving with the club in a debt free position?
I suppose that what we need is a new consortium of say 10 successful members willing to bung in £100K each as an initial funding, & appoint a first class C.E.O. to take the club forward.
If things don't work out & nobody wants take over then a few rubbish results, a p#ss poor season & a load of players that are not fit to wear the shirt will fade into insignificance.
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

It was refered to in the article when she announced she was resigning that she would fund the club until the end of the financial year. Not sure if this means at the end of the playing season or at the end of 2015.
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

rickl wrote:It was refered to in the article when she announced she was resigning that she would fund the club until the end of the financial year. Not sure if this means at the end of the playing season or at the end of 2015.
Yes the article did say " the end of the financial year " which is usually 5th. April but I expect that the clubs financial year ends at the end of the season as companies can choose when their year starts & ends. As I said in my post what happens if the new owners are not in place? does this mean going into administration? If the club is left debt free I would guess that money will still be a problem to pay expenses in the closed season.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

wodger of awabia wrote: Yes the article did say " the end of the financial year " which is usually 5th. April but I expect that the clubs financial year ends at the end of the season as companies can choose when their year starts & ends. As I said in my post what happens if the new owners are not in place? does this mean going into administration? If the club is left debt free I would guess that money will still be a problem to pay expenses in the closed season.
30th June is the end of our financial year according to posters on the other forums.

The rest of the board would have to cover any expenses after that if no new owners are in place.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Stepped down early. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32122402 maybe other changes are soon to follow.
Formerly known as forevertufc
SWgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by SWgull »

Not sure whether this is a good or a bad sign??!
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

Of course it is a good sign, Thea has to step down before we can let the hiring and firing commence...should be an interesting month and good to see the takeover is imminent