Aaron Dawson on trial

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Aaron Dawson on trial

Post by torq2u »

According to the HE, he's a RB on trial in the wake of Durrell's departure. Formerly with the Grecians. Anyone seen him play?

A good few have commented on how well McQuilkin played RB on Saturday, so maybe cover for him?

COYY
TUST member 200 ;-)
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Wouldn't see this as cover for McQuilken, I suspect CH will want McQuilken up in midfield he's predominantly a central midfielder in the Luke Young mould, I see this as CH looking for a permanent right back.
Formerly known as forevertufc
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Where was he or is he, applying his trade presently?
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

This doesn't surprise me. I noticed in the Janner Indy, yesterday that he had been released and thought to myself that we ought to take a look but thought it unlikely seeing as we couldn't afford Berry.

In the way that Exeter perhaps released Gosling too early, perhaps they have done with Dawson - let's hope so.
sam_
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Angus MacDonald

Post by sam_ »

hector wrote:This doesn't surprise me. I noticed in the Janner Indy, yesterday that he had been released and thought to myself that we ought to take a look but thought it unlikely seeing as we couldn't afford Berry.

In the way that Exeter perhaps released Gosling too early, perhaps they have done with Dawson - let's hope so.
Did the same with Elliot Frear at FGR, regular in their side
We'll be back...
DJ Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by DJ Gull »

Confirmed, signed non contract basis http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 36603.aspx
To the dotted line, We're on our way
Grecian71
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Fred Binney

Post by Grecian71 »

Since Paul Tisdale has been manager, not a single player released by us to go to a lower division club has gone on to prove him wrong and return to play at a higher level than us.

Not one.

Tisdale has quite a few faults, but he's a fine judge of a player.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Grecian71 wrote:Since Paul Tisdale has been manager, not a single player released by us to go to a lower division club has gone on to prove him wrong and return to play at a higher level than us.

Not one.

Tisdale has quite a few faults, but he's a fine judge of a player.
Haha!

So Tisdale is perfect now is he? Not capable of ever, ever, making a mistake?

Isn't it amazing that just a few short months ago there was a real groundswell of opinion amongst Exeter fans that if only they could afford to pay him off then all would be fine. Of course, his pay off was the major stumbling block and was a real source of frustration for City fans that they couldn't afford to, given his 2 year rolling contract - well beyond the means of a trust run club.

Never mind, thanks to your excellent youth department (where the real talent lies within your football club) you got lucky with the sale of Matt Grimes. Be honest, three months ago, I would suggest that actually a majority of Exeter fans had had enough of Tisdale and wanted shot of him? But of course, you couldn't afford to do that!

So Tisdale is the " new Messiah" (again!) now is he? Do me a favour! :clap:

Either way, I am sure YOU will wish Aaron Dawson all the best in his future career. Let us BOTH hope that he DOES prove you (and Tisdale) wrong and make a success of his career, not least because he has been a part of your football club since he was a very young boy and is an Exmouth lad too. Good luck to the lad, I really hope he can further his career with us ... as I am sure you do too! :-D
Grecian71
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Fred Binney

Post by Grecian71 »

At what point in any of the above did I say I was a fan of Tisdale?

I said this: "Tisdale has quite a few faults, but he's a fine judge of a player".

And stated a plain fact. During his time, no-one, but no-one has left the club downwards, to then go upwards. All the best to Dawson, Gosling, Frear, Rice and so on. But they have yet to prove him wrong.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Fair enough. To be honest, let's face it, history tells us that when any Manager of either of our clubs releases a player it is the norm that that player's career is on a downward spiral. I could similarly argue the fact that plenty of our previous (crap) Managers also have a decent record of releasing players that "never make it".

I remain unconvinced that such actions make that individual "a good judge of a player". I do agree that young Dawson will have to prove himself as the "exception to the rule" but suggesting that Tisdale has a foolproof record on such matters, whilst it may have been true up to this point, is nonsense ... and I would venture to suggest that the eloquent Tisdale himself would 100% agree with me on this one ... let's just hope for young Dawson's sake that he is wrong on this one, eh.