Ex-Gull watch

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Wayne Thomas was part of the Worcester defence in their shock FA Cup win against Coventry.
BayGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jools Holland

Post by BayGull »

hector wrote:Wayne Thomas was part of the Worcester defence in their shock FA Cup win against Coventry.
Thommo still plays a big part at Worcester - even going in goal as he did a Plainmoor!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29691123
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Another week comes and goes and Karl Hawley fails to appear on the score sheet. I don't think he's scored since the brace he scored against us which makes it even more galling. He's got his three for the season.
Shamir Goodwin (who I think is now called Shamir Fenelon or something like that) has gone on loan to Tranmere. Not sure it's helpful to a young lad to be involved in another relegation struggle.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Ashley Barnes again. He's an Austrian U21 international did you know. If he carries on scoring goals like today the Marc Janko can bloody well sod off!! :lol:

Also Tom Aldred of Accy. Basically got York's teenage on loan Middlesbrough full back sent off on boxing day by rolling around in apparent agony before getting up and sucking the dummy moments later.

Had a shit game too.

Hunt at full back for Accy has always impressed me though but he's not an ex Gull.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

I was at the top of the table clash between Shrewsbury and Wycombe yesterday, and Mark Ellis played for Town on the right side of a back three. After an unsteady start, he was actually pretty decent; he got booked after about 10 minutes when he misjudged a bounce and fouled the opposition striker trying to rectify the mistake. Was quite lucky there were covering defenders, really. Anyway, he was good - nothing spectacular but proper defending. He even had a chance to score after a corner when it fell to him about 8 yards out on the left side of goal, but the Wycombe keeper made a really good save. Shrewsbury were probably unfortunate not to win - they had a goal disallowed in stoppage time, apparently for offside - but it was still a pretty enjoyable game. Mark Clattenburg was the ref, which was a surprise. Listening to the local radio afterwards, there were complaints that he was crap but to be honest I thought he had a really good game. The only possible exception was he missed a blatant dive (Wycombe midfielder went down clutching his face when the defender's elbow was a good 2 feet away!) but as I say, generally very good.

Best player for me was Shrewsbury's Wright-Percival, who defended very classily and made quite a few penetrating runs. Their captain is Liam Lawrence, he of the missed panenka in the 2004 playoff final for mansfield, which I thought was entertaining. He was good as well.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

It appears as though Billy Bodin is training with or perhaps more likely on trial with Northampton Town.

I guess the Alan Knill connection has got him a trial there, but how ironic that it was that awful challenge by a Northampton player that effectively ended his career here and kept him out of the game for 9 months or so ...
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by hector »

Bodin to Northampton is surprising really, as it is not like he performed particularly well for Alan Knill.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

hector wrote:Bodin to Northampton is surprising really, as it is not like he performed particularly well for Alan Knill.
Bodin to ANYWHERE is surprising. :O

Shocking 'footballer'.

Anyway, i'm looking forward to seeing ex Gull Anthony O'Connor tomorrow when he plays for the gargs up at York. Thought he was one of the better additions brought in by THAT man. Apologies...still can't bring myself to mention or even type his name. Also i believe Reuben Reid spent a brief spell on loan at Torquay in 2007.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

AustrianAndyGull wrote: Bodin to ANYWHERE is surprising. :O

Shocking 'footballer'.

Anyway, i'm looking forward to seeing ex Gull Anthony O'Connor tomorrow when he plays for the gargs up at York. Thought he was one of the better additions brought in by THAT man. Apologies...still can't bring myself to mention or even type his name. Also i believe Reuben Reid spent a brief spell on loan at Torquay in 2007.
A Bristol Rovers fan kindly pointed me the best way to go for the away end on new years day. Due to this amazing welcoming feeling i ripped up my away ticket and went and sat with the rovers fans. They are all so lovely and its an amazing club!

oh no that didn't happen because i'm a TUFC supporter and i always will, gargs vs york, can only pray for a dull 0-0.
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

PlainmoorRoar wrote: oh no that didn't happen because i'm a TUFC supporter and i always will, gargs vs york, can only pray for a dull 0-0.
Aw come on, PR ....... it's Argyle. I'll pray for a 4 - 0 win ...... home win, that is.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

PlainmoorRoar wrote: A Bristol Rovers fan kindly pointed me the best way to go for the away end on new years day. Due to this amazing welcoming feeling i ripped up my away ticket and went and sat with the rovers fans. They are all so lovely and its an amazing club!

oh no that didn't happen because i'm a TUFC supporter and i always will, gargs vs york, can only pray for a dull 0-0.

:lol:

Cheers mate! :Oops:

You happen to support a club that through every fault of it's own will not exist in 10 years time. Apart from about 3-500 pro-active diehards you have NOTHING to protect yourself from the inevitable. Disappearance from the footballing planet. Perhaps Plymouth will welcome you with open arms once you've realised this. I did try and rally folk in the community thread but as usual a lack of response. Carry on bickering with Bristol Rovers fans and trusting that the board know or even care what they are doing.

None so blind as those than won't see.

Move on like i have and admit that TUFC are a lost cause OR keep it zipped and get off your arse and give your all for them. Give your time, money, sweat tears and sanity and prove me wrong. Prove that you can motivate a core group of fans to revive a dying club and give those behind the scenes a massive kick up the arse. Make a difference instead of making babyish remarks on the internet.

Believe me Mr Roar. If only it was as simple as defecting because another club said nice things about me.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

For what it's worth i respect you as a football fan with faith in his club and willing to sit through shit like Billy Bodin every week. As a human individual personally i don't like you despite having never met you but i cannot fault your commitment and dedication to TUFC. We can't get on with everyone on the planet can we? It's just that the seriousness of the plight of TUFC as of 3/1/15 transcends all petty grudges. TUFC need a safety net for when it collapses and i would hope that yourself and other stoic diehards will provide this. Initially though a realisation that such a thing is urgently required would be a good starting point.

Don't rely on others to get it right. Do it yourself.

You can still keep slagging me off. I'll be fine with that................so long as TUFC survive and prosper.

Post anything you wish in response to this and i shall not respond but i shall have a chuckle to myself purely because of samsara. Ultimately, it doesn't really matter.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by hector »

Nice to see ex-loanee, Tom Aldred, score a 90th minute for Accrington, at Exeter!!
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:
:lol:

Cheers mate! :Oops:

You happen to support a club that through every fault of it's own will not exist in 10 years time. Apart from about 3-500 pro-active diehards you have NOTHING to protect yourself from the inevitable. Disappearance from the footballing planet. Perhaps Plymouth will welcome you with open arms once you've realised this. I did try and rally folk in the community thread but as usual a lack of response. Carry on bickering with Bristol Rovers fans and trusting that the board know or even care what they are doing.

None so blind as those than won't see.

Move on like i have and admit that TUFC are a lost cause OR keep it zipped and get off your arse and give your all for them. Give your time, money, sweat tears and sanity and prove me wrong. Prove that you can motivate a core group of fans to revive a dying club and give those behind the scenes a massive kick up the arse. Make a difference instead of making babyish remarks on the internet.

Believe me Mr Roar. If only it was as simple as defecting because another club said nice things about me.
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Anything but a bore draw.

We battered them for the whole game and the York keeper didn't have a real save to make. Gawd knows how they are in the top 8. I guess if their strikers don't fire then they don't either. Easily the worst side to come to Bootham Crescent this season.

Reuben Reid is like a cross between Rene Howe and a shit Diego Costa in manner and style. He was dreadful today. I thought Anthony O'Connor was pretty solid but overall they were totally devoid of any ideas whatsoever today. Completely clueless.

Credit to their fans though, they took around 550 ish and i didn't hear any booing or anything and i felt sympathy with them in the end because i and i'm sure you Gulls know all too well what it is like watching 90 minutes of clueless rubbish even without a man advantage and then having to make a long journey back home.

So overall, on the contrary. I really enjoyed the game. Surprising how much excitement can be gleaned from being a man down early on and expecting certain defeat to willing the team on to even try and win it in the end.

Can't say i'm surprised by your response. If one comes on the t'internet and offers up criticism then it's naive not to expect a bit of resistance so it was fully anticipated. I would most certainly have benefitted from THOSE words of wisdom these past few years but that said I would have hoped for a more resilient 'we'll show you' or 'we'll be back in the football league bigger, better, stronger and more together than ever' response but again, ultimately to me it doesn't really matter.

Here's hoping for a Gulls revenge mission against my near neighbours tomorrow. They only got 600 and odd for their home match recently so expect to be able to count their fans on one hand. Maybe two.

Oh and please don't let bloody Hawley score. :lol:

I hope you enjoy the game as much as i did today.