Anthonny O'Connor

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Yes - nice to see Plymouth - who exist only because they cheated so many creditors out of what was rightfully theirs - carry on and act as though nothing has happened. I realise Derriford Green is not coming on here to crow, and so this isn't aimed at him, but it does sicken me to think where Plymouth are now and where we are and how they should be like Hereford playing at a lower league for doing pretty much exactly the same thing. I'm afraid I cannot be happy for Plymouth - I think their situation was worse, even than what Exeter did, and at least Exeter sort of paid a penance by being non-league for half a decade, something we are going to do and we haven't even robbed anyone of their wages.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

:goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost:

Don't get me started on that excuse of a broadcaster the idiot that is Gordon Sparkes :@ :@ :@ :@
DerrifordGreen
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by DerrifordGreen »

The fault of 4 or 5 men, a couple from Japan in fact. Promised money constantly but it never came.

Don't dislike the whole of Plymouth because of a few idiots. We're still paying stuff back you know, and we will be for a little while still. It was embarrassing what happened but to be this bitter about the club when in reality it was down to a few non-Argyle (in terms of they weren't supporters) related people.

Next it'll be 'and what about that child killing goalkeeper'.. It does get tiring.
Graiser
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by Graiser »

Your talking through your backside, I assume you gave the same feelings towards Bournemouth, Southampton and Pompey (3 times in 4 years any thoughts on that)
Administration is a legal process and has to be followed and paid for, if you don't like the process speak to your local MP and get it changed.
We where run by a board of winkers, think of the banking catastrophe of few years ago, very similar.
And the football debt has to be paid in full.

So according to your thought process any business that falls on hard times can get stuffed without any thought for their employees, is that it ?
Green Army
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Dutchgull »

I have had a dislike of "Argyle" ever since Harley Lawer slagged us off in a matchday programme years ago. IT DOES GET TIRING when the rest of us have to put up with the the over the top bias from various "broadcasters" over the years from Dick Woodacre to Chris Fear, Mark Tyler through to Alan Richardson Natalie Cornah and the clown I refered to earlier !!

The "Argyle "Independent, The Argyle Morning News contains page after page of green drivel.

I could almost understand it if the mighty Pilgrims were setting alight the Championship but as the last few years have seen you slumming it with the likes of us and Exeter City maybe they should reign back on the OTT coverage.

The patronising attitude of some of your supporters..Ahh little old harmless Torquay is almost as bad as if you really disliked us !!

You can surely understand my point of view as Torquay have always behaved responsibly but then see our neighbours get away with £17 million of debt have a perfect playing surface but pay little or nothing for it and keep their league place while we end up in the conference. Then again its not just you which have gone down that route. Portsmouth £60 million or more in debt but hey its Pompey cant let anything untoward happen to our "big" clubs now can we !!
Graiser
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by Graiser »

You've got it completely wrong, I lived in Torquay for 15 years from 1977, had some very good mates, one in particular was a real die hard supporter and we got on famously and still keep in touch, we had a common dislike and that was Exeter City, i always look for Torquay's results because of that.

It's not the supporters fault that clubs go out of business or into administration, we the supporters will always be there but the players, managers and owners just bugger off.

Incidentally the pitch was actually paid for
Green Army
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Dutchgull »

What have I got completely wrong ? Possibly the fact that you have actually paid for your pitch Well done if its true !!
As I said one of my main reasons for disliking "Argyle" is the OTT local media. You can't disagree with me on that one !!!
I said the attitude of SOME of your supporters.
I did not blame your clubs entering administration on your supporters it was caused by the ridiculous over ambition of trying to stage World Cup games if England were awarded the World Cup ....never going to happen on either count ! Paying stupid wages to overrated players. This is part of the reason many clubs end up in trouble. Operate your club within its means. If only we copied the German way to run clubs. A high proportion of fan ownership.realistic wages and very realistic entrance and season ticket prices !!
I do not like the fact that clubs rack up huge debts and then carry on as if nothing has happened ! What then is the point of running your club in the right way ???
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

To return to the title of this thread ..... Anthony O'Connor is a good loan signing for Argyle. He was one of the few players who came through with credit at Plainmoor last season. He also had the chance to return to Blackburn in March I think it was, but chose to stay with Torquay until the end of the season, even though we were in dire straits. He's a good lad with a promising career ahead of him and I for one wish him good luck with the greens.

We shouldn't bitch about Argyle too much. We've had some damn good players from Home Park in the past - Tommy Tynan, Reg Wyatt, Brian McClinchey (arguably the best left back we've ever had) and now we've got one that will go on to better things and earn TUFC a few bob in the process ...... LUKE YOUNG. Thanks Mr Sheridan ..... ha, ha, ha !! :scarf:
P.S. Agreed - Gordon Sparkes is a pillock.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Dutchgull »

Gargs score in the 98th minute !! :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

What this has to do with o'connor I don't know an really don't care. Torquay is my main concearn.
Lucy
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Dutchgull wrote:Gargs score in the 98th minute !!
:goal: :clap: :bow: :scarf:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"