Yeovil

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

It'll be a 'Dad says will be part of first team set-up/loaned out to League 1' scenario, I reckon. Am expecting him or whoever he might dislodge from left back understudy to find their way here.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Cargill won't get in a decent league 1 side at the moment.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Well, time will tell, but from what I know, neither of you are giving him enough credit. We'll see.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

I'd imagine his Dad would see things differently, brucie. Cargill is clearly well thought of at Bournemouth, as that end of season award demonstrated. I was hoping them being flush with money might push some our way who were nudged aside by purchased others. Still time. Still reckon the smart money is on Cargill being here from the start of the season until at least January.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

I love it when people just assume I make this shit up.

Matt.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

:keepie:
ferrarilover wrote:Well, time will tell, but from what I know, neither of you are giving him enough credit. We'll see.

Matt.
Matt I agree with you! :keepie:
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

Baker Richardson watched the game in front of us, and was the only one not called down to warm up from the stands. He either has a niggle or is off, personally I don't think he has shown enough in the two games he has played to stay any longer. I really enjoyed Yeovil, but now want to see us start signing the trialists who have proved that they can do a job, eg Richards, Ajala, and probably Gus. I'm pretty happy with the ones we have already made, but we are a few short of a squad as of now, and still have the scenario of half a team that we are trying to oust. Time is getting short
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

I'd probably agree with you, Brooks my old son. He isn't in the same class as Richards or Ajala, that's for sure. I'd maybe give him the benefit of the doubt and see how he does against proper opposition. I know it sounds daft, but he might do better against better players. He might also benefit from being on the pitch with the better of our own squad, rather than bumbling about with Benyon getting in his way and Tongue hacking aimless balls nowhere near him.

Matt.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

I spoke with Cargill's family at Mansfield after the game to say how much we rated their son. Saw the dad after our final Football League game against Wycombe to say I hoped his son would join us for this season and he said no way was he returning. I didn't ask any more.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Dazza »

I would like to see how Gus could play in the right back position he filled at Salisbury on Saturday. If we are to only have a first team squad of 18 we are going to need versatility.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

If you had to say or be shot, would you imagine that it was "he's not coming back to this club full of **** where he's treated like a prick" or "my boy is going to be the next big thing, he'll be at Man Utd this time next year"

Matt.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Of the two choices you give me Matt it would be the former, sadly.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

I wouldn't read much into this result. Basingstoke gave Yeovil a good run for their money as well.

And one Lloyd Macklin trying to get a deal with Basingstoke..... mmmmmm..... no hope of offloading the likes of Hawley then, which is not good news!
TUST MEMBER
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

Dazza wrote:I would like to see how Gus could play in the right back position he filled at Salisbury on Saturday. If we are to only have a first team squad of 18 we are going to need versatility.
Gus would be a good shout at right back but the problem is Hargreaves needs to put a sign in the shop window buy one get one free :keepie:
before that happens.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

arcadia wrote: Gus would be a good shout at right back but the problem is Hargreaves needs to put a sign in the shop window buy one get one free :keepie:
before that happens.
Did anyone go! :keepie: