Ex-Gull watch

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Chip Town featuring Lee Phillips, unless he's moved since the summer.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

hector wrote:Steve Winter sacked by Chippenham, after their 0-9 defeat when he was on holiday on a surprise 40th birthday present http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24756051
Steve Winter has grey hair! :O

Christ that makes me feel old. :'(
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

I wondered what had happened to Danny Stevens- this article on the BBC indicates he still is looking for a club:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25431398
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Danny Leadbitter came on mid-second half last night for Hereford v Forest Green. Did ok. Also Damo (although not an ex gull yet) had a good game, a few wayward passes but generally ok.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

And on that note, he scores a very late winner for Oxford as they keep Wycombe right in the shit.

In other news, Bobby was either dropped or injured for the Posh today in their 3-0 win.

Matt.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

aswell as callum ball, notts county have Ronan Murray, who has scored tonight!
The gulls are going up
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Jake Robinson has scored for Whitehawk against my local team East Preston in the Sussex Senior Cup. Still can't believe he's playing in the Conference South, let alone playing in this world famous competition.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

I wouldn't mind, but that's only about his third of the season. He got that many in 45 minutes once against Shrewsbury.

Anyone else been keeping tabs on Jamie Ward. He seems to be having a brilliant season with Derby, acting as their no.1 play-maker, judging from the FLS highlights. He's scoring his fair share of goals too. I know he was far too good for us, but if we'd have kept him just about three months, we'd surely have avoided the drop that year. So sad. **** you, Knoberts!

Lloyd Macklin Tweeted earlier: "Thinking Back And Knowing I Had It In Me To Play Any Level And I **** It Up" While I'm sure that this has some reference to the aggressive, narcissistic music which is the preference of his sort, it might be nice to think that it was a genuine expression of remorse and admission that his is a talent gone to waste, rather than an example of ambition over ability.

Matt.
bengull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by bengull »

The worst thing about Ward was that Roberts (the conniving c__t) sold him for an extremely paltry amount with about an hour left of the transfer window- making it impossible to replace him. I think I knew for certain at that point that Roberts was taking us down. Sad times.

Macklin was a strange one. For the first 2 years I thought he was useless and a waste of space. When he got sent off at Oxford I thought we should rip up his contract and forget about the whole thing. Yet, in both pre seasons under Ling he showed he had the ability and I think he was awarded a lot more popularity and support from the fans than he really actually deserved because he never followed it through. An injury didn't really help, right at the time where he was starting to turn the screw' but ultimately I don't think he ever put in the effort to get where he needed to be.

Ling's damning assessment in putting him on the transfer list is likely to be on his footballing gravestone, it's a shame because he had far more potential than at least a couple of players currently in our squad, but ultimately Lloyd only has himself to blame for where he is and for what he hasn't achieved.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

Chris Robertson has just scored for port vale!
The gulls are going up
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

O'Kane put in a good performance today for Bournemouth against Liverpool, and Townsend picked him as his man of the match.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Garry Monk is in caretaker charge at Swansea after Laudrup was sacked. Good luck to the lad.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Jeff wrote:I wondered what had happened to Danny Stevens- this article on the BBC indicates he still is looking for a club:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25431398
I believe he's found one now.. :~D
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Lloyd Macklin and what is left of his once promising career in football, has fallen even further.

He has effectively been sacked by Chippenham Town after a series of breaches of club discipline, including missing training sessions.

Goodness knows where he will end up next after this, but it is certainly going to be a long haul back if he is ever going to earn a pro deal with anyone again you would think.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/spor ... e_Macklin/