Harrop for manager

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
bengull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by bengull »

Preferred Losing Touch and Tongue Tied myself Andy. Finelines was a superb album.

Geoff Harrop deserves all the praise going today.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

forevertufc wrote:To be fair, the game may not have panned out the same way, as the team wouldn't have been set up the same way, who knows. Like making a substitution, it's no more than putting your hand in a lucky dip , you do it to effect change on the game, sometimes you pull out 3 pts, sometimes you pull out the England cricket team.

Harrop could have put on an attacking player for Bodin and won or lost, he decided contain , and we've draw thanks to a wonder strike, no ones fault, that.
Could not read it and not reply because Harrop did ok but Bodin was hurting Morcambe and you don't take off players that are hurting the opposition unless your milking the crowd in the last seconds of the game, I think Jeff got carried away and coud not see us losing. Mozika did not retain he went on and did not know what he was doing!
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

yellowman wrote:harrop cost us the game today not billy, when he took billy off he should have put another attacking player on ,not a defensive midfielder to sit back and invite pressure.
Billy should not have come off.
Oil Beef Hooked
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Oil Beef Hooked »

arcadia wrote: Billy should not have come off.
Sometimes, managers are dammed if they do and dammed if they don't.

Did we need to make a substitution at that time? I would say yes, a fresh pair of legs may have given us the edge we needed to get the extra goal and guarantee all 3 points.

Did Bodin need to make way for Mozika? I don't think so. Taking an attacking midfielder off for a defensive one can be seen as being negative. However, up to this point, Morecambe didn't have a sniff at our goal or a shot on target. So you can't blame Geoff for thinking that we were going to keep them out for the remaining 10 minutes or so.
Steve

:scarf: YELLOW ARMY :scarf:
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Totally agree oil beef hooked. The group I stand with were talking as you do, we thought that a fresh pair of legs was needed, it, after all was a very heavy energy sapping pitch, we thought Bodin should come of for Chapell some one who could have ran direct at Morecambe, however making the substitution was correct, and like you, I don't blame Geoff for going with Mozika.
Formerly known as forevertufc
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

Oil Beef Hooked wrote: Sometimes, managers are dammed if they do and dammed if they don't.

Did we need to make a substitution at that time? I would say yes, a fresh pair of legs may have given us the edge we needed to get the extra goal and guarantee all 3 points.

Did Bodin need to make way for Mozika? I don't think so. Taking an attacking midfielder off for a defensive one can be seen as being negative. However, up to this point, Morecambe didn't have a sniff at our goal or a shot on target. So you can't blame Geoff for thinking that we were going to keep them out for the remaining 10 minutes or so.
I was not knocking, jeff but aswered a post with my view.