So how do we start to get back on track??

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
stratfordgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Bobby O...oh no

Post by stratfordgull »

He could get a new manager in on loan and then loan himself out?
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

This thread's hilarious, really made my day.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

So how do we start to get back on track?? Try switching to a 'oo' gauge maybe.. :) yes I know, my coats already on.. :)
Formerly known as forevertufc
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Its not a question of dropping Rice as such - he has let in a shed load of goals. That maybe not his fault and he has made some good saves but Poke is a better keeper pure and simple.
We need to start from the back ie Poke and Pearce .
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

brucie wrote:Its not a question of dropping Rice as such - he has let in a shed load of goals. That maybe not his fault and he has made some good saves but Poke is a better keeper pure and simple.
We need to start from the back ie Poke and Pearce .

Joe Hart would let in a shed load of goals if he had our outfield players in front of him.
gurneygibbs23
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: jean pierre simb

Post by gurneygibbs23 »

Flitcroft SACKED
Jones SACKED
Jol SACKED
Knill(bottom of the league and only 3 wins all season) NOT SACKED

I was in support of knill upto yesterday, but its time to change. Results are awful and the team just doesnt seem organised. I guess if he hasnt lost the job by tomorrow evening, then he will get at least the southend game to find a win.

Hargreaves could give the side and club a boost. He has passion for torquay united and is a good upcoming coach. I appreciate its financially bad for the club to sack alan and remove chris brass.

So i would get hargreaves in and see if he can rejuvenate the players and maybe sort the spine of the team out before we start moaning about wingers and why left footers are on the right and rightys on left... (most top euro/world clubs do it...Robben and ribery at bayern, its about flexibility and i could go on...
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

gurneygibbs23 wrote:Flitcroft SACKED
Jones SACKED
Jol SACKED
Knill(bottom of the league and only 3 wins all season) NOT SACKED

I was in support of knill upto yesterday, but its time to change. Results are awful and the team just doesnt seem organised. I guess if he hasnt lost the job by tomorrow evening, then he will get at least the southend game to find a win.

Hargreaves could give the side and club a boost. He has passion for torquay united and is a good upcoming coach. I appreciate its financially bad for the club to sack alan and remove chris brass.

So i would get hargreaves in and see if he can rejuvenate the players and maybe sort the spine of the team out before we start moaning about wingers and why left footers are on the right and rightys on left... (most top euro/world clubs do it...Robben and ribery at bayern, its about flexibility and i could go on...
stating the obvious.......odds on these guys were for the chop this weekend...poor old flicker....

anyway if anyone else suggests hargreaves, they should be barred from this fine site.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

gurneygibbs23
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: jean pierre simb

Post by gurneygibbs23 »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: stating the obvious.......odds on these guys were for the chop this weekend...poor old flicker....

anyway if anyone else suggests hargreaves, they should be barred from this fine site.
banned for a suggestion right whats the point in forums then?
well why not hargreaves? i could suggest martin allen or ling or leroy but i just dont think they would benefit us.

Allen could keep us up but the football would be droll and maybe expensive and not get us anywhere. Ling has shown his style of football was dragging us into the scrap which AK saved us. Leroy appears to be happy as pundit, but his style of football would be a joy to watch again
TeenageGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Chris Zebroski

Post by TeenageGull »

Does anyone have any more "inside" information about the current situation?
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

gurneygibbs23 wrote: banned for a suggestion right whats the point in forums then?
well why not hargreaves? i could suggest martin allen or ling or leroy but i just dont think they would benefit us.

Allen could keep us up but the football would be droll and maybe expensive and not get us anywhere. Ling has shown his style of football was dragging us into the scrap which AK saved us. Leroy appears to be happy as pundit, but his style of football would be a joy to watch again

oh for gods sake get a grip fishy.......

several have suggested him.

why would we want to employ anyone like hargreaves?
allen or leroy would benefit us as they have had league experience as a manager - not that im suggesting either.
if you cant see that then, well.....
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

I think any professional manager with league experience would probably be expensive and hopeful wanna bes will be cheap. And given the news that some poor players are pi n 50k a week it still won't be "cheap".

I still can't believe those wages actually, but if true affects my view on players ( especially crap ones) and managers. I won't be feeling sorry for any of them in future.
TUST MEMBER
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I actually thought that Knill looked quite ill on the tv interview after the Plymouth game. He also sounded dejected and defeated in the radio after the Scunthorpe game.
Its a shame it hasn't worked out for him here but I got the impression he realises that his time his up.
Wouldn't want him to end up on the next barstool to LIng but its in everybodies interest that he goes today - his record is that bad this season that there is absolutely not the slightest justification in keeping him as manager.
If we don't sack him today then I think we can safely assume that it is financially impossible to do so but we will most likely be all but relegated by the new year being ten points or so adrift from everyone else.
teeboo100
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: alex russell

Post by teeboo100 »

brucie has made a very good point there a few weeks ago i posted that i didn't think alan was very well of course the reply's where i was talking rubbish well ime afraid football management is a very stressful environment we as a club should have some experience in this field after the martin ling situation. Perhaps its time to back our manager till the end of the season regardless the away end was toxic on sat i personally would not like to sit in an away end again like it fans rowing bad feeling it was bloody awful. so if it was rough on us fans how did alan knill feel on the touch line ime guessing terrible.