The Positive Thread

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Gullscorer wrote:Could we have a negative thread now please..?? :( :'( :(
We do. It's just not a thread it's the entire fans forum at present. However we need to try and remain positive, we are unbeaten in our last 3 league games
Lucy
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Robiberto22 »

stefano wrote:Surprised this thread is still going! ;-)
I'll keep the damn thread going until this forum is more balanced - its all negative stuff everywhere i read - some people have good balanced opinions here but most just wanna be jump on whatever bandwagon that's going this week and just criticism without adding anything.

A little faith isn't a bad thing and Christ i'm glad i'll never be a relegation battle with 90% of you lot!

Negativity only breeds negativity - get behind your team! Look for positives even in the bad times!
ALAN KNILL'S YELLOW ARMY !!! - Oh wait ...
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Robiberto22 »

Gullscorer wrote:I want to be positive. I'm trying to be positive, just like most of the rest of us..

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :) :'(
Credit to ya! Just got to bury this weekend and move on! we had a good result the week before what matters is that we all focus on Chesterfield and climb that table!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Did you actually go to saturdays match - you are talking out your backside.
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Robiberto22 »

brucie wrote:Did you actually go to saturdays match - you are talking out your backside.
Yes i was there , and yes we were pretty poor (understatement) but we have to move on and come back better! Our last 3 in the league has been very positive - there's a lot to fight for we just have to believe! Why not believe? has to be better than turning on the side and staff we are supposed to support? I don't understand how this is so crazy to people - i refuse to turn on my team and throw the towel in - we'l have a better chance if we pull together? Or no? Why not just criticize like everyone else? ... it's the way at the moment!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Robiberto22 wrote: Yes i was there , and yes we were pretty poor (understatement) but we have to move on and come back better! Our last 3 in the league has been very positive - there's a lot to fight for we just have to believe! Why not believe? has to be better than turning on the side and staff we are supposed to support? I don't understand how this is so crazy to people - i refuse to turn on my team and throw the towel in - we'l have a better chance if we pull together? Or no? Why not just criticize like everyone else? ... it's the way at the moment!
:goodpost:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
FavGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by FavGull »

By going out of the cup we avoid a rendezvous with Evans. Scant silver lining perhaps, but can't stand the man, and losing to him even less so.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Errrr but we don't get better we just get worse. How is pulling together going to sort the managers tactical nous out?
Come on saturdays effort was pathetic. Its as bad as I can remember in 50 odd years of going to Plainmoor.
That isn't criticising anyone its telling the truth. We have players who are incapable of passing the ball to each other,incapable of retaining the ball once they have it.
So lets all get behind the team - it won't make one jot of difference because we Knill has been peddling the same old crap all season long at home.
One home win all season at home - and is it any wonder on saturdays shambles.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

And what are we supposed to BELIEVE exactly. I just don't get posters like you to be honest. I didn't barrack the manager or the players on saturday but I seriously don't BELIEVE that Knill is going to sort this out.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

brucie wrote:Errrr but we don't get better we just get worse. How is pulling together going to sort the managers tactical nous out?
Come on saturdays effort was pathetic. Its as bad as I can remember in 50 odd years of going to Plainmoor.
That isn't criticising anyone its telling the truth. We have players who are incapable of passing the ball to each other,incapable of retaining the ball once they have it.
So lets all get behind the team - it won't make one jot of difference because we Knill has been peddling the same old crap all season long at home.
One home win all season at home - and is it any wonder on saturdays shambles.
I didn't go to Saturday's match, but I am willing to 'do a Brucie' and guarantee it was not as bad as it has been in the last 50 years. Take a trip back in time to the mid-eighties and then you'll find truly dismal football.
TUST number 080
vinny
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jordan Chappel

Post by vinny »

I would say that saturday's game was on a par with some of the tripe that was served up in the mid - eighties !
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

If that is the case then that is depressing. From what i have seen this season, the players we have now are of a higher technical quality.
TUST number 080
vinny
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jordan Chappel

Post by vinny »

Yes i agree....on paper i believe we have a good strong team/squad. However on the green grass, we are anything but.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

EddUK12 wrote:There is no positives about saturdays result or performance.
I guess Swindon fans are saying same thing, it's the FA Cup. End of day we lost to a higher placed team, I would imagine a different attitude a week tomorrow and indeed Saturday. :scarf:
Lucy