Formation change needed

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Formation change needed

Post by arcadia »

I will support the United through the bad times as well as the good but I feel that I need to voice my opinion. The team has played good football at times, but good football does not always win games.
Mansell and Harding are nearly always playing at full stretch due to only having two in midfield. I need to ask why Nathan Craig has not been involved all season when he has been the best reserve player in several games. The team is crying out for a player who can pass the ball and create why has he been overlooked. In several games at home the players have come out second half and conceded within ten minutes.What are the coaching staff doing, players are not learning. The team starts well in the first half but are over ran when the opposition sus us out. The manager does not need to change but he needs to look at himself as the formation leaves us to open. The youngsters in the team need to grow up quickly as on Saturday it was the first goal that set the rot in. The team need to close down the opposition quicker. The idiot who knocked Mansell should be locked out of the ground as he's got nothing between his ears. Sorry if I've upset anyone but I feel better now!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

The idiot who knocked Mansell would be absolutely everyone, and they'd be right too. Yeah, yeah, club legend, nice bloke blah blah blah, but then, so is Cyril Carol Knowles and I wouldn't want him in the central midfield role either.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Nathan Craig isn't a fan of AK's in training and therefore doesn't get onto the pitch. That is always going to be an issue, but we need Nathan Craig in our team for me. He is our best creative midfielder in our side and our midfield is completely non existent at the moment. What is the difference between a player doing great in training, but being absolutely useless on the pitch in a game? If NC is dreadful when he plays in a game, by all means don't play him. But leaving him on the bench and sometimes not even that at the moment, is ludicrous.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote:Nathan Craig isn't a fan of AK's in training and therefore doesn't get onto the pitch. That is always going to be an issue, but we need Nathan Craig in our team for me. He is our best creative midfielder in our side and our midfield is completely non existent at the moment. What is the difference between a player doing great in training, but being absolutely useless on the pitch in a game? If NC is dreadful when he plays in a game, by all means don't play him. But leaving him on the bench and sometimes not even that at the moment, is ludicrous.
:goodpost:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

arcadia wrote:I will support the United through the bad times as well as the good but I feel that I need to voice my opinion. The team has played good football at times, but good football does not always win games.
Mansell and Harding are nearly always playing at full stretch due to only having two in midfield. I need to ask why Nathan Craig has not been involved all season when he has been the best reserve player in several games. The team is crying out for a player who can pass the ball and create why has he been overlooked. In several games at home the players have come out second half and conceded within ten minutes.What are the coaching staff doing, players are not learning. The team starts well in the first half but are over ran when the opposition sus us out. The manager does not need to change but he needs to look at himself as the formation leaves us to open. The youngsters in the team need to grow up quickly as on Saturday it was the first goal that set the rot in. The team need to close down the opposition quicker. The idiot who knocked Mansell should be locked out of the ground as he's got nothing between his ears. Sorry if I've upset anyone but I feel better now!
:goodpost: Good post, Arcadia - where have you been all this time? We are being overrun in midfield every week. 4-2- 4 is not working - we need to go 4-3-3 Nathan Craig may or may not be the answer, but he can't be any worse than what we are watching week after week. At half time on Saturday, the best we could hope for was a 0 - 0 draw. It was crying out for a change of formation - something different. What happened? Benyon came on for Azeez (a strange decision in itself) and Cameron came on for Bodin - i.e. like-for-like. If it's obvious to the fans, why can't Knill and Brass see it? I also think Mansell's game is better suited to a three-man midfield. He has his knockers on this site, but in my opinion he's still got much to offer.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

At HT on Saturday, there was only of winner of the match and it wasn't York.
Not sure what Manse still offers?

Matt.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

...... but don't let AustrianAndy see who your favourite player is, Arcadia. It will give him apoplexy. By the way Andy, last week you told us you were camping in Whitby - now it's Scarborough. That's a sh*thole if ever there was one :)
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

ferrarilover wrote:At HT on Saturday, there was only of winner of the match and it wasn't York.
Not sure what Manse still offers?

Matt.
At Half Time the match had 0 - 0 written all over it with the possibility of York snatching a winner. If we don't get shots on target, we aint going to win games, Matt. NO shots on target in first half and two in the second half, both of which any decent keeper would have saved.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

tomogull wrote:...... but don't let AustrianAndy see who your favourite player is, Arcadia. It will give him apoplexy. By the way Andy, last week you told us you were camping in Whitby - now it's Scarborough. That's a sh*thole if ever there was one :)
Yes, we all found a lovely park on a working farm near the Yorkshire Coast College. I know Scabbyrough like the back of my hand and as such I don't get intimidated by the place as i'm so used to it. I saw the epitaph to the lad who got stabbed to death the other month outside the arcades on the seafront though and it made me stop and think. Scarborough is a mix of desolate poohole and serene beauty. It all depends where you go. If any of you are in the area I recommend the Jolly Sailor at Burniston for a country pub grub experience. Yummy.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

We played the better football first half and at least we created chances to miss. York didn't get within 30 yards of our goal for 45 mins.

Matt.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Said it about 3 weeks ago we need a change of system and we still do

Rice
Tonge Oconnor Pearce (if fit) Cruise
Mansell Lathrope
Bodin Craig Chappell
Ball (benyon)
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Pearce not fit?

Matt.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

centre-back Krystian Pearce had to miss Saturday’s 3-0 home defeat by York City because of a blood condition that caused the former Notts County player to spend several days in hospital and miss training last week, the results of tests on Pearce are expected on Monday or Tuesday.
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Sorry, that's me being unclear again. I'll rephrase:

And what will your team be if (when) Pearce isn't fit?

Matt.
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

and with Oconnor and Bodin on international duty