Billy Kee and Eunan O'Kane

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

tommyg wrote: I guess you could do something like this:

------------------------Bevan-------------------------

----------Ellis-------Branston------Charnock--------

--Carlisle-------------------------------------Nico---

----------------Manse---------Wroe-----------------

------------------------O'Kane------------------------

----------------Benyon---------Zebs------------------

That would bring the best out of O'Kane, but I'm not suggesting for one minute we should change the formation to accomodate any one single player!
I too think that would rival any squad in the league. As said above, a fully fit fullback in Danny Senda could be quality at this level, and also we could easily have Robbo as one of the back 3, with Charnock as backup..

The thing with that formation is that it provides width and we have a midfield that is unlikely to get overrun. If it did, we then have one of the strongest back lines in the league, and thats before they even reach a very in form Scotty Bevs.
YellowMurphy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Saah

Post by YellowMurphy »

Saying Billy Kee is non-league standard is insane, he is 19, and after the performances I have seen from him, has flashes of talent and strikers instinct. I agree, we cannot find Eunan's best position, but maybe Buckle is trying to mold him into a much better player, we have to remember, that once upon a time benyon was his build, and could barely stay on his feet. But he clearly has the ball control and eye for a pass, I am slightly dissapointed by Kee, but I do expect him to score against Stevenage if he starts. As for Eunan, I dont think his performances merit a league start, but maybe one in the JPT or FA Cup.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Did someone say that it was ridiculous putting O'Kane in central midfield - thats his best position isn't it. he is very skilful but he cannot really impose himself in that position. He isn't really a winger either so really he is bench fodder really. i have seen Kee only once against Bradford and he actually offered nothing. He actually looked on a par with Ben Joyce. He certainly is not fit either which isn't helping.
We look to require a nother striker really.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Usual stuff about players not hitting top form, but I guess it's harder to find things to moan about at the moment. I thought Kee did OK against Northampton, less so aganist Bradford. He probably needs to focus less on directly take on the big defenders and be a little bit clever about his movement ad positioning.

I think Benyon's progress is the lesson here (and he's still got room for improvement).
TUST number 080
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Of the two O'Kane has already shown his worth. He scored an excellent goal at, I think, Grimsby last season and continues to show more flashes of skill, particularly in his passing, than all our normal midfield players.

Billy Kee I'm rather less sure about. Hopefully it is just a question of getting his first league goal to bring back some confidence.
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

It was at Darlington, not Grimsby, Modgull :).

But I agree - I was told that Eunan was one of the best passers at the club at the back end of last season, and now he is starting to show it to all.

I agree with you about Billy though.
BlueYellow
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by BlueYellow »

I would class Eunan as one of(many even the) most cleverest footballers at the club, he seems to have great awareness and stamina and never seems to give up on a chase or a dead ball situation, when there is nothing to play for. At Stevenage, he was everywhere, espessially in the pressure period we were under in the latter stages of the first half, he was tracking back and made a very important tackle, which pretty much saved us going behind. He has quick feet and can make a mess out off the oppositions defence. BUT, he lacks strenght, but a couple on months in the gym with the Bevonator, this could be sorted
As for Kee, I was realy looking forward to seeing him play after his preformances at te likes of Weymouth etc. but as others have said, I think he just needs one league goal, and it will come, time will tell with Billy. I think he is trying a bit to hard. More is to come from him I expect.

Dont write them of yet ;-)
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

drummergull90 wrote:Is anyone else starting to worry about his form? I was very excited when we first signed him and he seems to score for fun in the reserves and in pre season, but I have seen him twice now this season and he looks worryingly non-league to me. No pace, little skill and he is too small to win high balls against big centre backs.

Any body get any suggestions of how we can get the best out of him?

Also, I still fail to see what Eunan brings to the team. Yes, he has skill, but it seems that neither him nor Buckle can work out what his best position is.

These two are both young and very talented, but we need them both to come good if we are going to mount a serious title challenge.
Brought this one out of the archive as both are on International duty this week. I hope neither get injured and are available for selection against Barnet.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

It will be interesting to see how quickly Eunan can adapt now that Wroe has left.
It is a fact that he loved playing alongside Wroe and his replacememt is a completely different type of midfield general.

I reckon almost all League 1 clubs would love to have both Kee and O'Kane on their books

O'kane has quickly established himself as a fans favourite and I believe that Kee will step into Elliot's boots and have league 1 clubs interested by the end of the season
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Trojan 67 wrote: Brought this one out of the archive as both are on International duty this week. I hope neither get injured and are available for selection against Barnet.

Both have been pulled out of the squad by Torquay because of injury - hopefully they will both be fully fit come Saturday :whistle: ;-)

(who would of thought we would be having Club vs Country issues at Torquay!)
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

I guess that would part explain Eunan's slight drop since the Crawley game then?
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

He's a little 'un course he's going to get hurt every now and again, playign through it is admirable though.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Kees goal v stockport made it into goals of the week by the BBC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9393919.stm
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

1 min 10 secs in.
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Great goal - hope he kicks on from here. He seems to be taking his chance now Elliot has moved on.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/