Dave Harris R.I.P

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
robbotufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Dave Harris R.I.P

Post by robbotufc »

Just wanted to say Torquay United have lost one of it most loyal supporters today, Dave Harris who for many years stood on the popside with supporters like myself and Trojan 67,our thoughts are with his wife Nancy and family, R.I.P buddy..
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Shocked to hear this. He was almost always on the bus to away days with Nancy at the front and a nice bloke as well. RIP Dave. As with Robbo thoughts go out to Nancy and family.
robbotufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by robbotufc »

that's right Alex always booked his seat on the front of the coach,going to be missed on away days
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

robbotufc wrote:that's right Alex always booked his seat on the front of the coach,going to be missed on away days
Most definitely! He brought cars from where I work as well. My Dad knows him through that as well and remember him telling me Dave brought a new 206 or something like that drove it to Exeter and didn't like it so returned it! Will be strange not seeing him on the coach next season.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Really shocked to hear this! Never knew Dave personally, but would always have a few friendly words on the coach about the game or whatever on Tufc. Will be sadly missed a great character.

R.I.P Dave

Thoughts are with his family and Nancy at this time.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Absolutely devastated. I stood with Dave and Nancy for a number of years and loved them both to pieces. He was a nutter at times, but it was only because he cared so deeply for the club. I'll never forget his berating Robbo so badly that the big ginger offered him out after the match. I saw him do this to Wayne Carlisle too. I was stood with him the day he got chucked out at Cheltenham, allegedly for having a pop at a steward. He also gave Buckle hell once, at a fans forum, the weasel didn't know where to look while Dave ranted on at him about all sorts. Diamondgirl and I were killing ourselves laughing, it was absolutely hysterical.

Nancy is very much the centre of my attention now. I desperately hope she will be alright. Dave was never without her and she will, of course, never be the same without her husband.

Mr Candy, any chance of arranging a small something for the ST Holder day? Needn't be anything spectacular, but it would be nice, perhaps, to have a collection arranged for Nancy. I'm sure you are well aware of the support Dave has given TUFC for many, many years and it wouldn't be right to let his death pass unmentioned by the club he loved so dearly.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

I've never met the guy but RIP Dave, up the gulls !
JoeBarlow
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by JoeBarlow »

So sad to hear this. Always spoke to him at games for ages and supported Torquay with all his heart alongside Nancy. True fan and a true gentleman as well
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

Absolutely devastated to hear this sad news. I spent many an hour with Dave and Nancy, whilst watching his beloved TUFC. Be it a youth team or FA cup match Dave was equally ardent in his support.
He will be much missed by his Torquay United "family"

Thoughts are with Nancy and, of course, Dave"s relatives at this time.

RIP Dave.

Christine
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

never knew him, he sounds like a true mr tufc! RIP dave!
The gulls are going up
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

very sad news, RIP dave
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

Very sad to hear about Dave's passing. I echo the sentiments from all here. RIP Dave.
Oblivion!!!!
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Cannot claimed to have known Dave, but I certainly knew of him.

A very passionate supporter of TUFC and like others have said, never afraid to speak his mind when he thought things weren't right!

Sadly, there will be one less of those bright yellow jackets up at Plainmoor now.

Condolences to Nancy and the rest of the family.

RIP, Dave
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

Whilst I never really knew Dave well, he was one of the best things about away days for me. His enthusiasm was infectious and his sense of humour was great. Bus will seem empty next year.
dazgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jean-Pierre Simb

Post by dazgull »

Heard the news last night and was devastated. I have spent many away days with him on the coach and always having a joke with one another. A real miss to the supporters coach now and my thoughts now are for Nancy and the rest of the family.

RIP