Ideas for Mr Candy

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
mcgull1
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodny Jack Jack Jack

Post by mcgull1 »

Ok many thanks, being swayed towards a season ticket this season following a couple of 'donations' for my Birthday!! I've been a member for the last 2 seasons and thought the idea has generally been a good one, I hope this season whatever is decided the scheme is given the publicity and backing that it deserves.
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

Mr Candy, not an idea for the club, but any chance you can point Danny Stevens in the direction of the thread,on him. Im sure he'd like to read how highly thought of he is by the majority.

Cheers
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

Mr Candy, do you have any idea yet as to when the new shirts will go on sale?
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

Hi jonnyfive,
I am not sure for certain as we are totally in the hands of the manufacturers and the distributors and the date we are given is not always accurate. Hopefully, they will be with us by early-mid July. As soon as we have anything definite the details will be on the website.
Regards,
Andrew
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Hi Andy,

You may (or may not) have seen the self explanatory title of my new thread. Essentially, I'm assessing support for a fans XI v First Team PSF. It's not designed to be too much of a test for the lads, but it might be a nice PR stunt and get some people through the doors. Appreciate that the decision for this sort of thing probably doesn't rest with you, but I'd welcome your thoughts.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

Hi Matt,
I think this is highly unlikely for the reason stated on a different thread about injuries to players. It has been raised in the past and the answer was a very clear no on those occasions. Good idea but not one that we can progress unlike others you will read about this weekend.
Thank you as always.
Regards,
Andrew
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

More liekly to get a Fans v TUFC Staff/ex players game than against the actual first team. It would also provide zero benefit for the first team in all honesty.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

They could perhaps bring back the old tournament thing the did at the end of the season; I forget exactly what it was called, but it was basically 3 teams of fans and 1 team of TUFC people - I think Rosenior played one year along with a couple of players and backroom types. I never actually got to play myself, but I think it was done for charity and it seemed like a lot of fun.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

SkyBlueGull wrote: a) Sell a squad place/number to highest bidder - clubs have done this in the past whereby Joe Bloggs has succesfully bid for squad number 99 and so appears in every programme, has the kit with his number/name on it, sits on the bench for PSFs etc etc. I have seen it happen at other clubs where it has raised £000's
Well done SBG for your suggestion, which has been adopted by the club :bow: :-D

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

happytorq wrote:They could perhaps bring back the old tournament thing the did at the end of the season; I forget exactly what it was called, but it was basically 3 teams of fans and 1 team of TUFC people - I think Rosenior played one year along with a couple of players and backroom types. I never actually got to play myself, but I think it was done for charity and it seemed like a lot of fun.
It was the "nettists" match. Four teams made up of fans and a couple of first teamers. Won a trophy at the end of it....ran for three or four seasons, and always at Easter.

STIP
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Scott Brehaut wrote:It was the "nettists" match. Four teams made up of fans and a couple of first teamers. Won a trophy at the end of it....ran for three or four seasons, and always at Easter.
ah-hah, that was it. I was close to calling it the dotnetters match for some reason. We should do that.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
yellowmonkey
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Post by yellowmonkey »

What about as it is now out of season having pop concerts with minor bands.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Are the players that good at singing

;-)

STIP
BayGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jools Holland

Post by BayGull »

Scott Brehaut wrote:
It was the "nettists" match. Four teams made up of fans and a couple of first teamers. Won a trophy at the end of it....ran for three or four seasons, and always at Easter.

It actually ran for 8 seasons Scott, started in the centenary year (Wes Saunders era) for the DotCom Trophy - and raised a total of just over £15,000 for the Club via match contributions/fees, raffles & sponsorships!

The money raised purchased material items for the Club ... nets, goals, sprinklers & water-hogs to name a few.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Could it be resurrected?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"