Player to bring in (suggestions)

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Mathieu Manset please.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Well if Alan Knill does get the job, you've got to wonder whether some of the players he signed when he was in charge at Scunny, who have now been released, might follow him down here.

They include Damien Mozika (who followed him from Bury), Josh Walker, Andy Barcham and Robbie Gibbons.

Going back even further, I see that Bury have also released the evergreen Efe Sodje who amazingly is still playing League 1 football at 40 years of age (41 in October) and was also signed by Alan Knill back in early 2008 .... what a great signing that turned out to be for them!

All free agents, whether we could afford any of them, whether they would relocate here and whether they would want to play in League 2 remains to be seen of course .... but I wouldn't be surprised if Knilly pursued one or two of this lot in the summer ... wherever he ends up.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

ferrarilover wrote:Mathieu Manset please.

Matt.
Great shout, had a bizarre career path but i believe he is a free agent now. Would be great to see him at Plainmoor! :goal:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Manset made the mistake of going too high too soon. The very mistake that Eunan avoided. He'll be alright for is. If we get him, I propose a small wager (for the benefit of the Sidmouth Donkey Sanctuary) that he gets more goals than Rene did this year (we'll exclude penalties).

Matt.
FishGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Downes

Post by FishGull »

i see Mohsni has been released from Southend. If we could afford his wages, he'd be a hell of a signing IMO. I'd also try and get M Morgan because he is a great player at our level.
Matt
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Matt »

By all accounts isn't Mohsni a diva? I'd prefer somebody who will want to play for us rather than decide halfway through a season that he should be playing in the championship and just go AWOL to try and further his career...

Amankwaah would be a great signing though.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Mohsni was on loan at Ipswich last season and had trials with West ham. He rates himself above L2 - whether he actually possesses the skills to pay the bills is another matter.

Manset would be great, seeing as he became a bit of a forgotten man over the last 18months. Likewise Marvin Morgan.

No need to panic yet, as lots of clubs are yet to decide on their retained lists. As long as Knill signs up by middle of next week!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

ferrarilover wrote:Manset made the mistake of going too high too soon. The very mistake that Eunan avoided. He'll be alright for is. If we get him, I propose a small wager (for the benefit of the Sidmouth Donkey Sanctuary) that he gets more goals than Rene did this year (we'll exclude penalties).

Matt.
A very noble cause it is too Matt. :bow: :-D
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
alecalec
New Signing
New Signing

Post by alecalec »

Andy Barcham released from Knills last club Scun-horpe really good midfielder-Forward
Last edited by alecalec on 05 May 2013, 09:55, edited 2 times in total.
exiledgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Jarvis

Post by exiledgull »

Think we should go and sign Benyon to start, loves the area and fans favourite.

We need a big man with that though, as Howe looks likely to leave.

Oxford have released a fair few players too. Craddock always looked good.
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

Zebroski hasn't agreed a contract with Eastleigh and wants a return to the football league, would we welcome him back?
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

yes
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

FishGull wrote:i see Mohsni has been released from Southend. If we could afford his wages, he'd be a hell of a signing IMO. I'd also try and get M Morgan because he is a great player at our level.
Please God no, not Mohsni. He clearly has some "personality issues" as everybody he has played with hates him.I remember his whinging, whining performance at Plainmoor when he should have been sent off. Not in a million years please, no!!

I agree with you re Morgan though.
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

monkeyboy wrote:Zebroski hasn't agreed a contract with Eastleigh and wants a return to the football league, would we welcome him back?
I daresay he burnt his bridges with the club when he put in that transfer request when Buckle wanted him. His off-the-pitch behaviour hasn't exactly been exemplary either. My gut feeling: too much trouble.
TUST member 203
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Why oh why oh why are we STILL talking about a bloke who is known to be a liability unto both himself and whichever troop of merry mugs are willing to offer him a deal? Sure, he was a perfectly decent player, but he's nothing special and he certainly isn't good enough to warrant his behaviour. If you're going to behave like Mario Ballotelli (too many 'l's?), you've got to have the talent of the aforementioned.
If Rene is almost too much trouble to be worth it, Zebroski must be miles beyond the pale.

Matt.
Last edited by ferrarilover on 19 May 2013, 19:10, edited 1 time in total.