crawley it is then..

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Argyle got to the FA Cup Semi Final in 1984 with an average Division 3 side and Wycombe, also a Division 3 side, did it in 2001. Both teams lost at Villa Park, to Watford and Liverpool respectively.

Torquay to become the first Division 4 side to play in the FA Cup Semi Final ? Don't say impossible, maybe say improbable. These so called crap draws are leading us somewhere. Yeah, I know, one Round at a time, lets get past the 4th first then into the 5th.

I wonder whether the kindly Mr Bristow is having a word in God's ear ?
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

3500 tops, no ones intererested in tufc down there any more, or the cup in general everywhere, except when a glamour tie appears, ie york, leeds etc this weekend
still keeping the faith
Mav
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Mav »

They are likely to bring no more than 200 tops and thats being optimistic. they played Derby at home in 3rd round of the FA Cup and still only managed 4,000 They average 1800 for a home game, I really can't see them bringing very many fans. That said, I can't see us turning out in our droves either. I would suggest a 3500 gate is the most likely outcome which would mean taking the away end would be a waste of time. As for TV coverage i see at least 7 or 8 more games which are more likely to be on TV ahead of ours
luke97
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: kevin hill

Post by luke97 »

Can you imagine the conversation in the board room at the start of the season, right we have a winner takes all match against Crawley for a minimum of of 90k, and we don't have to put any money in the pot!!

IT'S A TIE WE CAN WIN

Can remember the scenes in the Cambridge dressing room after they got through to the play off final against us a couple of yerss ago, they were acting like thay had already won it. The scenes from Crawley were exactly the same last night, over the top, this match is ours for the taking, and I'm 100% sure that Buckle will have the lads in exactly the right frame of mind to make history for Torquay
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Really Really REALLY looking forward to this one. Starting to panic about getting a ticket now as I can't make it tonight!

We are going to have to be at our toughest, discplined best to make TUFC history, for Evans knows that if we rise to his tactics he will overcome us, as he has done in the past!

Please god let me get a ticket.

Agree on the away end idea, hope it rains to.

Fantastic opportunity for a TQY palyer to be written inot TUFC history.

No pressure Elliott
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

Surely our motivation will be huge after that dreadful home defeat to Crawley 2 years ago.. Fat B%stard got enough stick then, and he knows how much we despise the fat c^nt so let's get on his flabby back from the first whistle. He's a maggot and a crook.

Read this and get wound up!

http://www.twohundredpercent.net/?p=8698
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

This has to represent our best ever chance of getting to the 5th round.

Don't know what all the negativity is all about. Brilliant draw and bring it on.
TUST #324
Sneapy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Sneapy »

what is the prize money if the we win the game?
and do you think it will be televised? - i doubt it
GulldenBoy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Branston

Post by GulldenBoy »

When do we find out which games get chosen for TV?
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Sneapy as I said above it about £90,000 just for winning the game.

GulldenBoy we should know by the end of next week.
Sneapy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Sneapy »

Yellow4life wrote:Sneapy as I said above it about £90,000 just for winning the game.

GulldenBoy we should know by the end of next week.

you sure? its 90k i thought we won 100k in the last fa cup round?
i swear thats what paul buckle said?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Mav wrote:They are likely to bring no more than 200 tops and thats being optimistic. they played Derby at home in 3rd round of the FA Cup and still only managed 4,000 They average 1800 for a home game, I really can't see them bringing very many fans. That said, I can't see us turning out in our droves either. I would suggest a 3500 gate is the most likely outcome which would mean taking the away end would be a waste of time. As for TV coverage i see at least 7 or 8 more games which are more likely to be on TV ahead of ours

Mav, their capacity is 4000, I think they will surprise anyone expecting just a couple of hundred to turn up.
Dave

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Sneapy wrote:
you sure? its 90k i thought we won 100k in the last fa cup round?
i swear thats what paul buckle said?

We've won just over 100k so far, the prizemoney for the next round is 90k to the victors.

http://www.thefa.com/TheFACup/FACompeti ... nd20082009
Dave

Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

To be quite honest guys (and gals), if someone had said to you at the start of the season "Would you like to be in the 4th round of the FA Cup with a home draw against a non league team?" how many of us would have said "Ooeerr, not sure about that?"
Surely its got to be the best chance we have ever had of getting to the 5th round? :-D :-D
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

A colleague said to me today.

You beat Derby in the FAcup 3rd round with a last minute goal, your a non league team and you draw Torquay Utd away in the next round!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
TUST MEMBER