The European Union: We're out...!!!

General chat about anything else goes here.

The European Union: In or Out?

Poll ended at 07 Aug 2016, 15:29

1. The UK should stay in the EU.
30%
2. The UK should leave the EU.
70%

Total votes: 335

Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Gullscorer wrote:The Biased Broadcasting Corporation have currently decided that UKIP will not be represented on the main stage of their big Wembley EU debate. None of the three figures arguing for Brexit will be from UKIP. I wonder why..
Who are the three figures arguing for brexit then?
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Undecided as yet. The only info so far is this Daily Express article reporting that the BBC has told UKIP they will not be represented in the debate: http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/ ... xit-debate
UKIP, the party which won the EU MEP elections by a landslide, and which had 4 million votes in the general election. UKIP is now a mainstream party with 20% support according to polls, well ahead of the Lib-Dems, yet the BBC is trying to stifle its voice!
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Plainmoor78 »

But in a way this makes sense. From reading the article I understand that there will be two politicians from each side of the debate. The remain side will almost certainly pick a Tory and a labour mp. It then makes sense for the leave side to do the same. Why? Because the leave side need to convince labour voters that is acceptable for them to vote leave. On the other hand nobody needs to convince ukip voters to vote leave.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Plainmoor78 »

A better reason for ukip not being asked. The official campaign for brexit is vote leave. As I understand it ukip are not part of this group having backed the losing grassroots out group. The BBC may only be able to offer a platform to members of the two official campaigning groups.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I see your point, but I'm not sure it's an entirely valid one: UKIP has already attracted support from across the political spectrum, albeit possibly more from the right than the left, and more in some parts of the country than others. However, the EU referendum transcends party politics, and it's the 'don't knows' who need to be convinced.

And as I understand it, there's nothing to prevent the official campaign groups from uniting with or co-operating with other groups and thereby deciding who should speak for them. For Government or the BBC to take it upon themselves to deny anybody or any group (official or otherwise) a voice in the way they seem to be doing might amount to unfair discrimination and bias and a gross infringement of the campaign groups' right to decide. It should be remembered that this particular debate, two days before the referendum vote, is the big one, and the BBC has a duty to be seen to be completely neutral.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

David Cameron is now refusing to debate with senior 'Leave' Conservative politicians such as Boris Johnson and Michael Gove. And so ITV lined him up to debate with Nigel Farage. But this decision is to be challenged by the official 'Leave' campaign. (I'm beginning to see why 'Vote Leave' was chosen over the alternative, and better supported, 'out' campaigns). The attempts to sideline UKIP and to stifle major pro-Leave voices, all following the advantage given to the 'Remain' campaign by the Government's use of taxpayers' money to promulgate a pro-EU propaganda leaflet. Anyone else see a pattern developing here..??
As always, the comments section is interesting: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ories.html
BobBobBob
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Courtney Richards

Post by BobBobBob »

There's a conspiracy theory going around that says Gullscorer is actually an agent for the totalitarian feminist pro-BBC pro-EU establishment and he is willfully and deliberately (and with deliberate will) trying to sound as unhinged as possible in the EU referendum thread to covertly convince people to vote to remain. This is the beauty of using your approach to logic and reason, I don't need to prove anything to know its true. Whatever your response is will prove it for me. If you say you're not, then you obviously are. And if you say you are, then you've admitted it! If you ignore it entirely, then you're dodging the reality which proves everything. OPEN YOUR EYES SHEEPLE. Gullscorer is trying to force his totalitarian feminist totalitarian pro-BBC totalitarian agenda (of the totalitarian kind) on us. Look at the signs. "Gullscorer" written backwards is "rerocsllug". Now if you take away all the consonants, you're left with "eou". Then take away the "o" (as in "Oh my god what a revelation!!") what have you got? EU!!!!!!! You've been absolutely rumbled, mate. Case closed. Get back to Brussels.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Plainmoor78 »

I am not surprised that Cameron refuses to debate with Johnson or Gove. No matter which way the referendum goes there is going to be open civil war within the Tory party when it is over. Csameron wants to stay in the job until at least late 2019. If vote leave wins I think Johnson will challenge Cameron while the iron is still hot. If remain wins then I think Gove is a more creditable challenger (there is a doubt over Johnson's sincerity in almost everything he does and eurosceptic MPs may hold him responsible if the referendum is lost. Also a committed eurospectic will use the Tory leadership to press for a further referendum within the next ten years). This referendum is as much about the future direction of the Tory party as it is about the country. The unelectability of the labour party under Corbyn means the Tories will be able to spend at least the next eight years in fighting amongst themselves when they are supposed to be running the country. Ukip if it plays its cards right might still get its chance if the above scenario unfolds with the lib dems dead in the water and labour out of it. Remember the SNP lost a referendum and went on from strength to strength.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

BobBobBob wrote:There's a conspiracy theory going around that says Gullscorer is actually an agent for the totalitarian feminist pro-BBC pro-EU establishment and he is willfully and deliberately (and with deliberate will) trying to sound as unhinged as possible in the EU referendum thread to covertly convince people to vote to remain. This is the beauty of using your approach to logic and reason, I don't need to prove anything to know its true. Whatever your response is will prove it for me. If you say you're not, then you obviously are. And if you say you are, then you've admitted it! If you ignore it entirely, then you're dodging the reality which proves everything. OPEN YOUR EYES SHEEPLE. Gullscorer is trying to force his totalitarian feminist totalitarian pro-BBC totalitarian agenda (of the totalitarian kind) on us. Look at the signs. "Gullscorer" written backwards is "rerocsllug". Now if you take away all the consonants, you're left with "eou". Then take away the "o" (as in "Oh my god what a revelation!!") what have you got? EU!!!!!!! You've been absolutely rumbled, mate. Case closed. Get back to Brussels.
Ha ha.. Bob, Bob, Bob, I'm afraid this kind of post reveals more about yourself than about anything else. Directed against an opponent in debate rather than against his or her arguments, it simply reveals the paucity and immaturity of your ideas and the weakness of your position, mired as it is in your own ideology.

But please don't stop. The more you post, the more we see your postures and attitudes for what they really are, and will give us all a good laugh into the bargain. =D
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

The UK trade deficit with EU countries is £67.8 billion a year and rising, while Germany has a £81.8 billion trade surplus with the 27 other member states. The EU single market is not working for us.

On the other hand, the UK’s trade surplus with the rest of the world, in relation to the same goods and services on which we make such a monumental loss with the other 27 EU member states, was £31.1 billion last year, and it is growing.

The economies of every continent have grown over the past decade, except for those of Antarctica and Europe. It’s obvious that we have a brighter future if we leave the EU.

Yet the Government tries to frighten us by saying (among other things) that President Putin would like us to leave the EU, but it regards as praiseworthy the fact that the President of communist China wants us to remain! And it ignores the anti-democratic nature of the EU (as in, for example, the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership, the secret EU-US trade deal, which threatens our NHS and permits US companies to sue sovereign governments for alleged loss of profits) and its relentless progress towards political union!

Vote 'Leave'!

Parliamentary EU debate 9 May:
watch the video: http://www.parliamentlive.tv/Event/Inde ... 9df4b4cad4
read the transcript: https://hansard.digiminster.com/commons ... dumLeaflet
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Gullscorer wrote::O Europhiles accuse BBC of bias! http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/672162 ... ias-Brexit
Seems you are doomed to fight a losing cause Gullscorer now that a bunch of irrelevant "celebrities" have taken it upon themselves to tell us simple folk how we should vote. ;-)

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/ben ... 39811.html
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Celebrities? More like brainless morons. Half of them are feminists and I wouldn't pay to watch any of them perform, let alone heed their political advice. I'd much rather see Nigel Farage, Boris Johnson, Daniel Hannan, Kate Hoey and Diane James together in a super-hero movie (the documentary)... :~D