The European Union: We're out...!!!

General chat about anything else goes here.

The European Union: In or Out?

Poll ended at 07 Aug 2016, 15:29

1. The UK should stay in the EU.
30%
2. The UK should leave the EU.
70%

Total votes: 335

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Not a chance of that happening. It's all about control and they have a head start, this will be our last 'chance' to opt out.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Southampton Gull wrote:Not a chance of that happening. It's all about control and they have a head start*, this will be our last 'chance' to opt out.
* Rather like the feminists.. ;-) :whistle:
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

[youtube]j0pwXLtvt2w[/youtube]
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

i wonder if anyone has had their attention drawn to the transatlantic treaty being considered between Europe and the USA which will give the US free trade access to the Eurozone while we have protectionist tariffs put on us if we try to trade with the USA. one of the clauses they are insisting on will see the end of the NHS as a national health service as it will compete with private concerns so say unfairly. Vote out of the EEC and lets keep our health service. Link provided below.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... -democracy.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/666454 ... pean-Union
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Glostergull wrote:i wonder if anyone has had their attention drawn to the transatlantic treaty being considered between Europe and the USA which will give the US free trade access to the Eurozone while we have protectionist tariffs put on us if we try to trade with the USA. one of the clauses they are insisting on will see the end of the NHS as a national health service as it will compete with private concerns so say unfairly. Vote out of the EEC and lets keep our health service. Link provided below.
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... -democracy.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/666454 ... pean-Union
Hi Gloster, see my post dated 3 May on this page.. :)
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Well you know where I stand Gullscorer. lol
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Glostergull wrote:Well you know where I stand Gullscorer. lol
Oops.. I made two posts on 3 May.. I meant the first one, at 10:45, about the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP), which is what you were talking about. And we're agreed; there's so much wrong with the EU, and we do not need to be part of a political union in order to co-operate with other countries, nor to trade with them. No wonder Obama wants us to stay in..
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

“Europe’s nations should be guided towards the superstate without their people understanding what is happening. This can be accomplished by successive steps, each disguised as having an economic purpose, but which will eventually and irreversibly lead to federation.”
Jean Monnet (EU founding father), 1952

Excerpt from EU's own website:
"90% of future global growth will happen outside Europe's borders".

"I defy anyone who is undecided about the EU to read this book and not be a convinced Leaver."
Kate Hoey.
MEP and award-winning political writer Daniel Hannan argues for a British exit ahead of the coming referendum. Hannan demonstrates that the EU is past its sell-by date, rendered obsolete by technological advances, shrinking economically and less relevant to our economic needs than ever. Worse than that, he shows that the EU can't reform, can't be democratic and can't be divorced from its goal of ever-closer political union. Staying in does not mean staying the same and a vote to leave - far from being the risky choice - is actually the safe one. Finally, Hannan argues that Britain doesn't have to stay in the EU to remain at the heart of Europe and considers the global role a confident nation freed from EU strictures could play.

What the Europhiles and Eurocrats won’t tell you, what they mean by ‘Union’, will keep you awake nights:

[youtube]uYTJGBBjkGo[/youtube]
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

The Biased Broadcasting Corporation have currently decided that UKIP will not be represented on the main stage of their big Wembley EU debate. None of the three figures arguing for Brexit will be from UKIP. I wonder why..
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Gullscorer wrote:The Biased Broadcasting Corporation have currently decided that UKIP will not be represented on the main stage of their big Wembley EU debate. None of the three figures arguing for Brexit will be from UKIP. I wonder why..
Who are the three figures arguing for brexit then?
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Undecided as yet. The only info so far is this Daily Express article reporting that the BBC has told UKIP they will not be represented in the debate: http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/ ... xit-debate
UKIP, the party which won the EU MEP elections by a landslide, and which had 4 million votes in the general election. UKIP is now a mainstream party with 20% support according to polls, well ahead of the Lib-Dems, yet the BBC is trying to stifle its voice!
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Plainmoor78 »

But in a way this makes sense. From reading the article I understand that there will be two politicians from each side of the debate. The remain side will almost certainly pick a Tory and a labour mp. It then makes sense for the leave side to do the same. Why? Because the leave side need to convince labour voters that is acceptable for them to vote leave. On the other hand nobody needs to convince ukip voters to vote leave.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Plainmoor78 »

A better reason for ukip not being asked. The official campaign for brexit is vote leave. As I understand it ukip are not part of this group having backed the losing grassroots out group. The BBC may only be able to offer a platform to members of the two official campaigning groups.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I see your point, but I'm not sure it's an entirely valid one: UKIP has already attracted support from across the political spectrum, albeit possibly more from the right than the left, and more in some parts of the country than others. However, the EU referendum transcends party politics, and it's the 'don't knows' who need to be convinced.

And as I understand it, there's nothing to prevent the official campaign groups from uniting with or co-operating with other groups and thereby deciding who should speak for them. For Government or the BBC to take it upon themselves to deny anybody or any group (official or otherwise) a voice in the way they seem to be doing might amount to unfair discrimination and bias and a gross infringement of the campaign groups' right to decide. It should be remembered that this particular debate, two days before the referendum vote, is the big one, and the BBC has a duty to be seen to be completely neutral.