Torquay United v Maidstone United 11/11/17

Matchday topics are moved here for easier viewing.

Topic author
lucy6lucy
Player Coach
Player Coach
Posts: 1645
Joined: 13 Feb 2012, 21:13
Favourite player: McGinty
Location: Wigan

Torquay United v Maidstone United 11/11/17

Post by lucy6lucy » 08 Nov 2017, 20:19

In reality this fixture and indeed any sporting event has no importance to what we should all be supporting "remembrance day".
Having just watched the impeccable respect from Chester and Wrexham fans, there is respect in the football community.

Playing Maidstone a few years ago would normally be a case of how many. But we now face reality in that we are where we are. This fixture is tricky but deep down so winnable. Fitness should not be an issue, 2 weeks off. So ability is the only factor in the result surely. Having signed/accrued another loan player albeit in defence, surely we all hoped or still pray for an addition in the front line. I predict 2-1 Torquay, not sure who will score but have that winning feeling for this match.
Lucy


forevertufc
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Posts: 6749
Joined: 05 Sep 2010, 07:57
Location: Newton abbot

Post by forevertufc » 08 Nov 2017, 21:37

Yep, your right, with the children of WW2 now in their 80's, we're not far away from having no one alive from either world war, it's vital we keep the memory (if that's the right word) going for all those who died or suffered horrific injuries, so we could have the freedoms we do today, it will be well supported every where.

As for the game, no need for anyone to state the obvious any more, or try educate their fellow TUFC fans who might not have noticed the situation we're in, we all know.

You have to keep the hope, and belief the club can pull themselves out of this mess alive, until the maths say otherwise. Pretty much every home game is now a must win, but this one will be yet another big ask.

User avatar

MellowYellow
Team Captain
Team Captain
Posts: 524
Joined: 26 Jul 2013, 15:26
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow » 08 Nov 2017, 23:56

forevertufc wrote:
08 Nov 2017, 21:37
Yep, your right, with the children of WW2 now in their 80's, we're not far away from having no one alive from either world war, it's vital we keep the memory (if that's the right word) going for all those who died or suffered horrific injuries, so we could have the freedoms we do today, it will be well supported every where.

As for the game, no need for anyone to state the obvious any more, or try educate their fellow TUFC fans who might not have noticed the situation we're in, we all know.

You have to keep the hope, and belief the club can pull themselves out of this mess alive, until the maths say otherwise. Pretty much every home game is now a must win, but this one will be yet another big ask.
We have to remember that the anniversary is used to remember all the people who have died in wars - not just World War One/Two but also the Falklands War, the Gulf War, and conflicts in Afghanistan and Iraq .

As for the game- Lucy has an optimistic win but is not sure where the goals will came from. On that note I don't think many supporters do either which is why I think there is so much pessimism come match days.
KEEP THE FAITH!
Image
TUFC


forevertufc
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Posts: 6749
Joined: 05 Sep 2010, 07:57
Location: Newton abbot

Post by forevertufc » 09 Nov 2017, 05:24

MellowYellow wrote:
08 Nov 2017, 23:56

We have to remember that the anniversary is used to remember all the people who have died in wars - not just World War One/Two but also the Falklands War, the Gulf War, and conflicts in Afghanistan and Iraq .
Yep, very well aware of that, also the millions of civilians killed and injured in wars and conflicts, but WW1/2 are the most poignant, for so many reasons.


United62
On the Bench
On the Bench
Posts: 77
Joined: 28 Jul 2016, 13:41
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 » 09 Nov 2017, 13:37

4-0 .... young hattrick

Att: 1,800 (180 from Maidstone - about the same amount that used to travel to Sittingbourne/Ashford when they really were shite)
TUST MEMBER


brooker
Star Player
Star Player
Posts: 372
Joined: 21 May 2011, 10:36
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker » 10 Nov 2017, 15:01

Is John-Paul Pittman fit yet? If so I'd like to see him get a shot in a side that might actually now give him some service. He got a bit of stick earlier in the season, particularly in the Solihull game, but I'd have backed him to put one away from all of the chances we created in the Hartlepool game.


westyorkshiregull
Member of the Month
Member of the Month
Posts: 599
Joined: 01 Feb 2012, 09:20
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull » 10 Nov 2017, 15:37

Thought JPP had a ok game agasint guisley. Ok couldn't pull the trigger when we had the chances, but got himself in the right positions and I thought tried hard. I would play him


wivelgull
Player Coach
Player Coach
Posts: 1264
Joined: 05 Sep 2010, 17:17
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS
Location: Whitby, North Yorkshire

Post by wivelgull » 10 Nov 2017, 16:48

My prediction:
Torquay United (0) 0
Maidstone Utd. (2) 3

Att: 1679
Image


arcadia
Player Coach
Player Coach
Posts: 1807
Joined: 07 Oct 2013, 17:48
Favourite player: S Chaney McGinty
Location: Preston Sands

Post by arcadia » 10 Nov 2017, 18:33

I am going for 0-0 hope we win though. (£)


nickbrod
Player Coach
Player Coach
Posts: 1227
Joined: 19 Feb 2011, 08:48
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by nickbrod » 10 Nov 2017, 19:02

No way a goalless draw! Not unless the Maidstone coach gets stuck on the M5!


HockeyGull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Posts: 21
Joined: 02 Nov 2016, 18:04
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by HockeyGull » 10 Nov 2017, 20:07

With our fine home record against teams beginning with 'Maid', I'm hoping to see a convincing home win. How's about 3-1 with goals from Young, McQuoid and Jazzi Barnum Bobb (Crazy name, Crazy guy as they say in Private Eye).


westyorkshiregull
Member of the Month
Member of the Month
Posts: 599
Joined: 01 Feb 2012, 09:20
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull » 10 Nov 2017, 20:50

Looks like weather is going to be windy and wet. Can't see many goals. Torquay 1 Maidstone 0


Topic author
lucy6lucy
Player Coach
Player Coach
Posts: 1645
Joined: 13 Feb 2012, 21:13
Favourite player: McGinty
Location: Wigan

Post by lucy6lucy » 10 Nov 2017, 20:56

Higgins unavailable tomorrow due to family issue in Liverpool? What is that about. Bereavement is accepted, but "issue" when his professional club needs him is quite odd, borderline disappointing
Lucy


Rjc70
Team Captain
Team Captain
Posts: 730
Joined: 05 Sep 2010, 12:43

Post by Rjc70 » 10 Nov 2017, 21:43

lucy6lucy wrote:
10 Nov 2017, 20:56
Higgins unavailable tomorrow due to family issue in Liverpool? What is that about. Bereavement is accepted, but "issue" when his professional club needs him is quite odd, borderline disappointing
Barnum-Bobb better bet.


Topic author
lucy6lucy
Player Coach
Player Coach
Posts: 1645
Joined: 13 Feb 2012, 21:13
Favourite player: McGinty
Location: Wigan

Post by lucy6lucy » 10 Nov 2017, 21:48

Rjc70 wrote:
10 Nov 2017, 21:43
lucy6lucy wrote:
10 Nov 2017, 20:56
Higgins unavailable tomorrow due to family issue in Liverpool? What is that about. Bereavement is accepted, but "issue" when his professional club needs him is quite odd, borderline disappointing
Barnum-Bobb better bet.
Let's hope dave is up to national league survival
Lucy

Post Reply