FC Halifax Town v Torquay United, Match Day Thread, 21st October 2017

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 24 Oct 2017, 16:51 Personally I feel the forum is better with merse's contribution. So you don't like him, so what? If the forum only consisted of contributors who liked each other then it would descend into the sterile no mans land of the TFF forum were everbody is so **** nice to each other.
There is a difference with being nice to each other and not treating other members with contempt because you don't agree with their opinions. Actually, you're a very good example of what I'm trying to get at. I haven't always agreed with some of your postings, and I'm sure you haven't agreed with all of mine. But you have never treated me, or anyone else as far as I am aware, with contempt and I hope that you don't think I have ever sniped at you.

And to Westyorkshire Gull - YES, I fully agree - everyone has the right to express their opinions on the forum and it is good that they do so. That's what makes the Forum 'tick'. I also look forward to reading everyone's views. But they have the right to express their opinions without receiving aggressive responses (usually in bold text) from someone who obviously considers himself to be superior.
apgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Martin Gritton

Post by apgull »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 24 Oct 2017, 22:14 I thought you'd know that "faggot" is a Devon delicacy.... lovely with gravy...... and mushy peas...
all about interpretations and opinion.
Fair enough! Can't believe I didn't think of that. Silly me. Can't wait for your interpretation of "queer" and "poof" that you were shouting at York players last season...
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

tomogull wrote: 24 Oct 2017, 22:39 There is a difference with being nice to each other and not treating other members with contempt because you don't agree with their opinions. Actually, you're a very good example of what I'm trying to get at. I haven't always agreed with some of your postings, and I'm sure you haven't agreed with all of mine. But you have never treated me, or anyone else as far as I am aware, with contempt and I hope that you don't think I have ever sniped at you.

And to Westyorkshire Gull - YES, I fully agree - everyone has the right to express their opinions on the forum and it is good that they do so. That's what makes the Forum 'tick'. I also look forward to reading everyone's views. But they have the right to express their opinions without receiving aggressive responses (usually in bold text) from someone who obviously considers himself to be superior.
You are spot on with this . :goodpost:
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

apgull wrote: 24 Oct 2017, 22:41 Fair enough! Can't believe I didn't think of that. Silly me. Can't wait for your interpretation of "queer" and "poof" that you were shouting at York players last season...
well "queer" is there's "nowt as queer as folk...." and "poof" I was discussing and presenting with fellow gulls fans my magic tricks to gain admittance to the Magic Circle...

hope that clears it up (finally) for you.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Fat bloke with northern accent makes homophobic references...............

Why is anyone shocked?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Scouse Shayman
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Scouse Shayman »

Southampton Gull wrote: 25 Oct 2017, 00:22 Fat bloke with northern accent makes homophobic references...............

Why is anyone shocked?
Thought I was back on the Halifax forum for a moment there........... anyway back to my reason for being here. After watching the highlights I stick to my earlier post of you just needing someone up front to convert the chances. Going on that display I think when we play you in April the positions will be reversed and we will be looking at a relegation battle we deffo seem to be in a tailspin. Again good luck for the rest of the season and I'll see you in April
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Scouse Shayman wrote: 25 Oct 2017, 20:48 Thought I was back on the Halifax forum for a moment there........... anyway back to my reason for being here. After watching the highlights I stick to my earlier post of you just needing someone up front to convert the chances. Going on that display I think when we play you in April the positions will be reversed and we will be looking at a relegation battle we deffo seem to be in a tailspin. Again good luck for the rest of the season and I'll see you in April
I was being ironic towards one of my mates from oop north who just happens to be another salad dodger ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com