Gateshead vs Torquay United 12.8.17

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

AlexGulls wrote: 10 Aug 2017, 21:20 I wanted to go but there is no travel club going due to lack of interest and other modes of transport is extortionate and can't get me back on the same day annoyingly.

Another tricky game but with a bit of luck, I think we can get a result.
where are you based. have you looked up raileasy and their site ticketsplitter
I got mine via there from Gloucester to Newcastle for £50.70 with a rail card.i can help you look it up and then show you how to avoid the fees they charge. ah, scrap that. your right. there is no service beyond Bristol that goes to Devon at all. The train i'm catching comes back to Gloucester then terminates in Bristol TM

SO APART FROM ME. IS ANYONE GOING TO GATESHEAD? LOL. gee i feel like the Popular Front of Judea.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
ministander
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: willie brown
Watches from: Pop side

Post by ministander »

A bunch of my mates are flying up tonight, Exeter to Newcastle, so you wont be alone!! (they are not known for being quiet either!!)
Enjoy!!! :scarf:
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by wivelgull »

Note the previous poster's favourite player: Willie Brown. Now there's a forgotten name if ever there was one!
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

wivelgull wrote: 11 Aug 2017, 14:51 Note the previous poster's favourite player: Willie Brown. Now there's a forgotten name if ever there was one!
Well, Wivel - great minds ...... or fools. I thought exactly the same when I saw the name Willie Brown. Good player and a great character. :-D Just looked him up on Wiki. 47 goals in 139 appearances. Oh that we had a striker of that calibre now !!
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

ministander wrote: 11 Aug 2017, 10:56 A bunch of my mates are flying up tonight, Exeter to Newcastle, so you wont be alone!! (they are not known for being quiet either!!)
Enjoy!!! :scarf:
I had never thought of flying. not that there is an airport that close. Lulsgate is awful to get to and Birmingham is a fairly long ride away so it makes it expensive. I think I will enjoy travelling by train and they have upgraded me to 1st class.wow at £83 one way and £50 back I'm doing well to be going 1st class for so little.
I've been told off. I should be resting trying to sleep. I can't! I'm too excited lol. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

wivelgull wrote: 11 Aug 2017, 14:51 Note the previous poster's favourite player: Willie Brown. Now there's a forgotten name if ever there was one!
oh yes. great player. :clap:

although not as good as Andy Provan...... :}
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Andy Provan - scored the best hat- trick I have ever seen in a 3-0 win against Rochdale, a 20yd half volley
with the outside of his right foot, a diving header and curling 20yd chip. Played 5 a side against him when
he was 50 and he was still bloody good
Remember also his superb cross for Clint Boulton to head home in a 1-0 win at Oakwell Super my only
ever visit to Barnsley !
Sorry to go off track
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by wivelgull »

For a while a few seasons ago Andy Provan would come to the game with a mate or two and stand on the pop. side. I recall talking to him about past glories. Unfortunately one of the last games he had with United resulted in cat calls and shouts of 'Hang 'em up, Provan!'.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

desperado wrote: 12 Aug 2017, 08:16 Andy Provan - scored the best hat- trick I have ever seen in a 3-0 win against Rochdale, a 20yd half volley
with the outside of his right foot, a diving header and curling 20yd chip. Played 5 a side against him when
he was 50 and he was still bloody good
Remember also his superb cross for Clint Boulton to head home in a 1-0 win at Oakwell Super my only
ever visit to Barnsley !
[highlight=yellow]Sorry to go off track[/highlight]
don't be sorry desperado.... :) that fella from Cumbria does it all the time..... :rofl:
he was great Andy....I played footie with his son as we lived in Chelston and he then agreed to take our u14 team for training.
I remember that hat-trick too... awesome.....although he didn't have to dive much for that header!!! :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024

TUST Member 468

arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

The important thing today is to come away with something as we don't want to be saying we were the best team but then the hard luck story.

We need a tough 4-5-1 or 4-1-4-1 formation to stop an early goal against, being the away team keep it tight and be patient and we will be good enough to win. If Nicho goes for it straight away damage can be done and confidence lost. A draw is ok. BUT a win we need. :keepie:
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Third game in and we are struggling to fil the subs bench. According to Radio Devon Mcginty broke a bone in his hand at Aldershot and he is a doubt as well.
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

Don't worry we have signed a donkey from Macclesfield, can see us losing by 2 or 3 today.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

arrywithanh wrote: 12 Aug 2017, 13:52 Don't worry we have signed a donkey from Macclesfield, can see us losing by 2 or 3 today.
he was a free agent (donkey) actually.

TUST Member 468

arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

ok so perhaps I should have said previous club before being a free agent!!! lol!!!
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

i'll plump for a 1-1 draw after going ahead quite early on, 107 gulls there
still keeping the faith