Torquay United vs Tranmere Rovers 5.8.17

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Painmoor 78 - that's complete and utter nonsense. Lucy isn't acting like a playground bully at all . The thread from the Solihull fan is completely different from the threads that Ray Bellend posts. I've called him that as basically its another name for a Johnston (which is basically what he is)

This is the bloke who has had a thread locked (and was warned by the board administrator) because he opened a thread about Barrow and kept harping on about how they got on in friendlies - clearly no one on here gives a toss.

He is obviously bored because he has decided to open a match thread and forecasts that Fallon is going to score. Strangely enough he has picked on the one player who has caused more dissatisfaction amongst Torquay supporters than anyone else.

The bloke is a complete wind up merchant - are you all blind?
Ray Johnstone
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Halstead

Post by Ray Johnstone »

Unnecessary and rude from Bruce. I breifly spoke to a female Torquay supporter in a Consiston ale house yesterday. She was very respectful and puts some of the visitors to this blog to shame.

Ray
Ray Johnstone
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Halstead

Post by Ray Johnstone »

I did not create any new page about Barrow either, Brucie. That was another user.

Ray
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Ray Johnstone wrote: 30 Jul 2017, 16:09 Unnecessary and rude from Bruce. I breifly spoke to a female Torquay supporter in a Consiston ale house yesterday. She was very respectful and puts some of the visitors to this blog to shame.

Ray
She probably hasn't been subjected to having Barrow dribble rammed down her throat for weeks on end.

I've got no issue with fans from other clubs posting on here when it's relevant to TUFC. Telling us that Barrow are linked with some no-mark player from Ireland, played a meaningless friendly and stuff like that is what gets people offside.

The vast majority of TUFC fans will only care about Barrow when we play them, or if we are battling for a position in the table late into the season. Until then, nobody cares
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Ray Johnstone wrote: 30 Jul 2017, 16:09 Unnecessary and rude from Bruce. I breifly spoke to a female Torquay supporter in a Consiston ale house yesterday. She was very respectful and puts some of the visitors to this blog to shame.

Ray
I thought it was a page
Lucy
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Looking forward to Saturday, great to have football back. Not very good at predictions, being it the first game of the season, often a great leveler, so Tranmere will feel they have a better chance of winning, than if this game was to be played later in the season.

As for the gate, new season, new optimism, might be few more home fans than normal, but feel we will have to wait for the much bigger non-league clubs to come down, before we'll see a decent away following, so maybe Tranmere might scrape 75 for their away following, if they're lucky.
Formerly known as forevertufc
spirit of 1990
Trialist
Trialist

Post by spirit of 1990 »

torquay 2-0 tranmere

Comment removed. An obvious attempt to wind up members. (ADMIN)
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Brucie. that's rich coming from you. you've been trying to wind us up for years with your awful predictions and most of the time they were wrong. it was only comic that Wivel always agreed with you. But I have to say even Wivel has been optimistic with the attendance. although I will be well pleased if we do get 3000 plus
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Arriving back in the UK on Wednesday and back in Torquay on Friday. Buzzing for the new season, so glad that I'm back in time for the first game. You would think that Tranmere would have a huge following for this away day, but they've always been very disappointing. If they bring a proper support down to Devon then the attendance should be around 3,000. We should have about 2,500 Torquay fans for the first game.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Last time rovers played a Saturday afternoon fixture against us they bought 300 down with them. Given first game of the season and the summer holidays I could well see them bringing @500 this time.
Prediction alas 0-3 to rovers. Attendance between 2500 to 3000.
davethegull2
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by davethegull2 »

Tranmere are expected to walk this league and nobody expects us to beat them. If there was ever a time for us to upset the bookies, this is it. I've seen predictions from other fans and we're "predicted" to finish anywhere from 13th down to 23rd. I think we will do better than that, starting on Saturday with a 1-0 win. Keating to get a first half goal followed by heroic defending with 9 minutes of added time just to get our nerves jangling from the start of the season.

Good luck to Kev and the lads.
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

2-1 Home Win for the Gulls
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

1-1

We'll concede late on.

Gray for us.
Rossi Martin
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Rossi Martin »

3-0 Torquay. Tranmere forfit the game due to the noise of a sold out Torquay ground egging their team on
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

4-3 with our winner coming in the 98th minute from a mis-hit cross-cum-shot. Crowd a very disappointing c.2.5k.
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''