Weymouth v Torquay

Matchday topics are moved here for easier viewing.

LankyGull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Posts: 28
Joined: 12 Jul 2017, 21:54
Favourite player: Luke Young

Wemouth v Torquay

Post by LankyGull » 22 Jul 2017, 19:46

A bit of a quiet game today, other than the goal I can't really tell you what happened but it's another 70 mins or so for the players so can't complain. Thought Weymouth were a good side, well drilled and well structured.

Anyone know about Davis' injury? I'm just worried we've only got 2 pre season games left and he hasn't played a minute.


arcadia
Player Coach
Player Coach
Posts: 1812
Joined: 07 Oct 2013, 17:48
Favourite player: S Chaney McGinty
Location: Preston Sands

Post by arcadia » 22 Jul 2017, 19:54

I watched Clevedon 0 Bath City 2 interesting left winger for Bath he lives at Launceston good player scores goals his
name Watkins. Bath had a good right back from Oxford could not get his name. just found out(Miles Welch Hayes attacking good crosser fullback)
Last edited by arcadia on 22 Jul 2017, 20:15, edited 1 time in total.


Goose9
On the Bench
On the Bench
Posts: 37
Joined: 21 Mar 2017, 22:05
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Goose9 » 22 Jul 2017, 19:55

Anyone that was there got any opinions on Fallon's performance? Any improvements from Tuesday's game?


Plainmoor78
Team Captain
Team Captain
Posts: 533
Joined: 25 Apr 2016, 11:54
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 » 22 Jul 2017, 20:04

hector wrote:
22 Jul 2017, 18:31
I don't actually mind, Ray's posts. He doesn't post anything abusive and neither is he impolite. If people don't want to read about Barrow, then it's easy enough to scroll past. The fact that Barrow are managed by our ex-manager is enough to spark a passing interest for some but I think some of the disdain demonstrated towards Ray is unfair and unnecessary.
:goodpost:


arcadia
Player Coach
Player Coach
Posts: 1812
Joined: 07 Oct 2013, 17:48
Favourite player: S Chaney McGinty
Location: Preston Sands

Post by arcadia » 22 Jul 2017, 20:18

LankyGull wrote:
22 Jul 2017, 19:46
A bit of a quiet game today, other than the goal I can't really tell you what happened but it's another 70 mins or so for the players so can't complain. Thought Weymouth were a good side, well drilled and well structured.

Anyone know about Davis' injury? I'm just worried we've only got 2 pre season games left and he hasn't played a minute.
Why are you worried?


LankyGull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Posts: 28
Joined: 12 Jul 2017, 21:54
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by LankyGull » 22 Jul 2017, 20:33

arcadia wrote:
22 Jul 2017, 20:18
LankyGull wrote:
22 Jul 2017, 19:46
A bit of a quiet game today, other than the goal I can't really tell you what happened but it's another 70 mins or so for the players so can't complain. Thought Weymouth were a good side, well drilled and well structured.

Anyone know about Davis' injury? I'm just worried we've only got 2 pre season games left and he hasn't played a minute.
Why are you worried?
I read somewhere about him having injury problems, just worried hes going to be on the treatment table more than on the pitch.


forevertufc
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Posts: 6750
Joined: 05 Sep 2010, 07:57
Location: Newton abbot

Post by forevertufc » 22 Jul 2017, 20:42

Plainmoor78 wrote:
22 Jul 2017, 20:04
hector wrote:
22 Jul 2017, 18:31
I don't actually mind, Ray's posts. He doesn't post anything abusive and neither is he impolite. If people don't want to read about Barrow, then it's easy enough to scroll past. The fact that Barrow are managed by our ex-manager is enough to spark a passing interest for some but I think some of the disdain demonstrated towards Ray is unfair and unnecessary.
:goodpost:
Agree. If Ray want's to come on here a share Barrow news, and compare what's going on between the two clubs fine, we should welcome our guests from other clubs.


Zippy
First Team
First Team
Posts: 147
Joined: 25 Mar 2017, 18:33
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy » 22 Jul 2017, 20:58

it was a friendly , they beat Exeter 1-0 in the week, don't see Exeter fans getting worried about it, pre season games are all about getting fit, we beat WBA last pre season, do you think their fans were thinking that they had found their level.


arcadia
Player Coach
Player Coach
Posts: 1812
Joined: 07 Oct 2013, 17:48
Favourite player: S Chaney McGinty
Location: Preston Sands

Post by arcadia » 22 Jul 2017, 21:00

LankyGull wrote:
22 Jul 2017, 20:33
arcadia wrote:
22 Jul 2017, 20:18
LankyGull wrote:
22 Jul 2017, 19:46
A bit of a quiet game today, other than the goal I can't really tell you what happened but it's another 70 mins or so for the players so can't complain. Thought Weymouth were a good side, well drilled and well structured.

Anyone know about Davis' injury? I'm just worried we've only got 2 pre season games left and he hasn't played a minute.
Why are you worried?
I read somewhere about him having injury problems, just worried hes going to be on the treatment table more than on the pitch.
I must admit it would be a bad move if he was signed with an injury.

User avatar

torq2u
Team Captain
Team Captain
Posts: 502
Joined: 08 Sep 2010, 20:09
Favourite player: Andy Donnelly
Location: tivvy

Post by torq2u » 23 Jul 2017, 09:25

forevertufc wrote:
22 Jul 2017, 20:42
Plainmoor78 wrote:
22 Jul 2017, 20:04
hector wrote:
22 Jul 2017, 18:31
I don't actually mind, Ray's posts. He doesn't post anything abusive and neither is he impolite. If people don't want to read about Barrow, then it's easy enough to scroll past. The fact that Barrow are managed by our ex-manager is enough to spark a passing interest for some but I think some of the disdain demonstrated towards Ray is unfair and unnecessary.
:goodpost:
Agree. If Ray want's to come on here a share Barrow news, and compare what's going on between the two clubs fine, we should welcome our guests from other clubs.
We do welcome guests who stay short-term during something of topical and mutual interest. Ray seems to relate a whole raft of threads on here through spurious links to what's happening at Barrow. So, there are actually quite a few entries to scroll past. Most of the time they are random, irrelevant comments that probably don't spark a passing interest - Paul Cox (however much we still like him) is history. And Barrow's history is history!!

Ray is clearly a devoted and loyal Barrow fan and thus earns my respect. But I just can't help engaging in the banter (eg suggesting Barrow should be the location of our new stadium) when 90% of his posts on this TUFC fans' site are about Barrow, and most of them don't relate to Torquay United.


His posts have incited enough comments to warrant a separate thread which I see has now been locked. Evidence of some people's blood boiling.
TUST member 200 ;-)


desperado
Star Player
Star Player
Posts: 265
Joined: 21 Jan 2017, 19:03
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado » 23 Jul 2017, 12:03

Anyway, never mind Ray, back to the game ( though made me laugh , Torq2u's favourite player, Lee Barrow)
Pleased and relieved we won this game, results dont matter as people have been saying but to win and
keep a clean sheet is good for confidence. Good to see JPP back , could be an important player for us this
season. Thought Carmichael was quite decent for us, surprised he has dropped down to the SLP


lucy6lucy
Player Coach
Player Coach
Posts: 1645
Joined: 13 Feb 2012, 21:13
Favourite player: McGinty
Location: Wigan

Post by lucy6lucy » 23 Jul 2017, 16:09

As with any pre-season game, it's all about the players getting match fitter, finding the best formation and the last of the trialists aiming to impress. Getting a win is a bonus. So well done KN and the team for a positive workout and result. As we all know there is little opportunity currently in place at Torquay to try different formations and player abilities once the league matches start as we have no reserve team to play about with.
Lucy

User avatar

MellowYellow
Team Captain
Team Captain
Posts: 525
Joined: 26 Jul 2013, 15:26
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow » 23 Jul 2017, 18:53

Did not go to the match and wondering if anyone who did had any comment on trialist midfielder Sean Downing who came on in the second half. I think he plays for Bideford. If he is one of the same then a few seasons ago he was even in lower leagues playing for Appledore,
KEEP THE FAITH!
Image
TUFC


LankyGull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Posts: 28
Joined: 12 Jul 2017, 21:54
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by LankyGull » 23 Jul 2017, 20:28

MellowYellow wrote:
23 Jul 2017, 18:53
Did not go to the match and wondering if anyone who did had any comment on trialist midfielder Sean Downing who came on in the second half. I think he plays for Bideford. If he is one of the same then a few seasons ago he was even in lower leagues playing for Appledore,
To me he looked like a fish out of water, game seemed to pass by him and he never really got a sniff.

Post Reply