Guiesley V Torquay Sat 12th November 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

IanGull01 wrote: Same level as us then. Lol

He tore us apart in the friendly.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

I felt sorry for Nicho yesterday.
I was stood behind the dugout and he was barking instructions before they scored both goals.
LRT might as well had not been there - their right back rinsed him that easily to put the cross in for the 1st goal. :@
The second was slightly unfortunate - pinball in the box and when your lucks out it drops to an opposing player and bang!
2-0.
I did tell nicho that Moore would save the pen....and when he did he turned round and laughed! :~D

I'm taking a mate to York away - however we may just go out on the p155. :}
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

forevertufc wrote:
From the manager and coaching staff, to the players the board, and yes even us fans, we all have our role to play in the clubs success or failure, can we all do better, yes we can.
I agree with this part of your analysis. When things are going as badly as they are you can feel the tension in the ground - the lack of singing and chanting especially - this can't help the players. Crowd atmosphere is organic and remedies difficult to prescribe but somehow we all need to get behind the team and do our bit.

Suggestions anyone?

How about the drummer belts out a rhythm come what may?

COYY! :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

THE ONLY THING THAT WILL SOLVE THIS MESS IS FOR THE BOARD TO CUT THERE LOSSES AND SELL THE CLUB, AND SELL NOW BEFORE ITS TO LATE!
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

ROADRUNNER wrote:THE ONLY THING THAT WILL SOLVE THIS MESS IS FOR THE BOARD TO CUT THERE LOSSES AND SELL THE CLUB, AND SELL NOW BEFORE ITS TO LATE!
:goodpost: pretty much somes it up. But will they?
Lucy
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

lucy6lucy wrote: :goodpost: pretty much somes it up. But will they?
Presumably you know the details of the offers on the table then? Remember when Chris Roberts took over and had all the wrong intentions? Then when GI nearly got their hands on the club, and would've likely seen us homeless? If the right deal isn't on the table, the board are doing us all a favour not signing it. Quite apart from their own desire to recoup the money they've spent (as far as I'm aware they aren't looking for any kind of profit)? If I'd spent upwards of £30k to keep the club afloat, I might want some back too.
Last edited by Fonda on 13 Nov 2016, 15:47, edited 1 time in total.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by lucy6lucy »

Having witnessed yesterday's dross, it is very clear that the team is worse than last seasons pre-Christmas team. There was zero commitment and no communication whatsoever. Why Richards is still captain is puzzling. Do they think playing like they are will get Nicholson sacked. How can the club sack a manager on a near 2.5 years contract to run. The only answer is fresh investment and hopefully £££££ to get some bodies in. Without investment the team is down, but going bust will relieve us the despair of being relegated. It is so heartbreaking to see this club in its current state.
Lucy
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by lucy6lucy »

Fonda wrote: Presumably you know the details of the offers on the table then? Remember when Chris Roberts took over and had all the wrong intentions? Then when GI nearly got their hands on the club, and would've likely seen is homeless? If the right deal isn't on the table, the board are doing us all a favour not signing it. Quite apart from their own desire to recoup the money they've spent (as I'm aware they aren't looking for any kind of profit)? If I'd spent upwards of £30k to keep the club afloat, I might want some back too.
So where did the Angus money go, Thea didn't want any(and what a lady she is), we certainly didn't use it to pay off the GI loan,use it to invest in the team.
Lucy
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

My guess would be it is set aside for paying debts. But it's simply a guess. Which is what many should concede they're doing...
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Shane, I agree with you to a certain extent re the Directors being perfectly entitled to want to recoup their investment, or part thereof, but then you take into account the fact that the potential buyers also have to pay off a debt to GI and plug up the losses the club currently have, and then stump up fresh investment too, and then you think, why would somebody bother?

Maybe the person or persons out there are happy to stump up the cash, but feel that the asking rate is a bit on the steep side, given the current liabilities.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

if they really have the club at heart they will sell or we are doomed, if someone out their wants the club 100% lock stock and barrel then this lot need to stand aside. and they need to do it soon, the board needs to let go and let someone run it who knows what they are doing. they really need to let it go and let it go now!
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

Appreciate the idea that 'for the greater good' they should sell and move on. It's a lot easier said than done though when it isn't your cash isn't it? They're not looking for a profit remember - they simply want back what they've spent, and these aren't rich people. Could any of us afford to kiss goodby to £30k so readily? I know I couldn't.
Last edited by Fonda on 13 Nov 2016, 17:10, edited 1 time in total.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by lucy6lucy »

Fonda wrote:Appreciate the idea that 'for the greater good' they should sell and move on. It's a lot easier said than done though when it's your cash isn't it? They're not looking for a profit remember - they simply want back what they've spent, and these aren't rich people. Could any of us afford to kiss goodby to £30k so readily? I know I couldn't.
Ordinary people should not invest 30k into a football club expecting a return of investment, ordinary people should realise that a football club at lower leagues isn't going to generate profit. However, they have had the status of running a football club. I would love that feeling, but equally the baton needs passing on. I would be mortified if I went down as the owner that ended the club.
Lucy
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

"Couldn't beat a pub team" says manager after Saturday's defeat.
Nicholson? No, though he could easily have added that to what he did say, it was Notts County manager John Sheridan yesterday.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

lucy6lucy wrote: So where did the Angus money go, Thea didn't want any(and what a lady she is), we certainly didn't use it to pay off the GI loan,use it to invest in the team.
Dave Phillips said at the forum that half has already been used up in running costs and the other half is due in January.