Boreham wood v Torquay united 17.09.16

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Boreham wood v Torquay united 17.09.16

Post by lucy6lucy »

Last season this fixture was the catalyst for our great escape. We won 1-0, but had there shot on the cross bar in injury time gone in rather than bounce over, we might be playing Conf south football tomorrow. So whereas this forum has decimated in posters, let's get behind the team tomorrow. They are at least benefiting from a hotel stayover to aid there preparations, but when they arrive at the ground in a convey of car rather than a corporate coach, sadly identifies the financial problems at the club. The fact the players are paying the petrol is a credit to them. But the benefits of them waking up near boreham on Saturday morning and not having to sit on a coach for 6 hours, will have many positives for their match preparations.

I predict a 1-1 draw. 201 away support
Lucy
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Doesn't matter how they got there and where they stayed if the manager gets the tactics wrong. He might well have complained after Tuesday's game about the non performance but he had the opportunity at half-time to make a difference but didn't.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

I think we need to play 4-4-1-1 away from home with 4-5-1 in mind to tighten the midfield and protect the back four. It might mean leaving out Ried but after Tuesday and the previous Saturday when the signs were there but everyone got carried away with the result. a midfield of Sparks,Richards Ward Young with Chaney behind the striker would be my choice with Blissett up front. If Lathrop was fit he would be in for Chaney and Ward play of of Blissett. Its difficult for Nicho as there is not much choice.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

If Kevin Nicholson reads this forum regularly and acts upon the advice of fans as expressed in all these threads, we should be champions come the end of the season.. :)
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Gullscorer wrote:If Kevin Nicholson reads this forum regularly and acts upon the advice of fans as expressed in all these threads, we should be champions come the end of the season.. :)
claims on the official site this week that he doesn't read the forums for fear of a nervous breakdown.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

If we're insistent on playing a 4-4-2 (and most lower league managers are) then can we at least balance it out by playing two actual wingers? We've look too narrow in most games this season so why not start Scrivens and Sparkes. Having that balance also allows us away from home to play a more 4-4-1-1 formation with Ward behind the striker, with the option to drop back to a 4-5-1 when on the defensive.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Gullscorer wrote:If Kevin Nicholson reads this forum regularly and acts upon the advice of fans as expressed in all these threads, we should be champions come the end of the season.. :)
I have often marveled that the obviously, highly skilled and experienced managers, coaches, players, groundsmen, events planners and directors have put their careers on hold to follow dear old Torquay United and write on this forum. ;-)
TUST number 080
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

It is hard to predict results generally but particularly so at the moment. We looked competitive against Lincoln and York but seemingly rolled over against Woking, although I didn't see that game. Is it a function of being a young side or the travel arrangements forced on the club? Anyway, I'll go for a 1-1 draw.
TUST number 080
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

hi guys.
the bbc site seems broken at the moment. has anyone got a link for commentary that works.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

Gee, seems as if BBC Radio Devon are so keen to cut costs they don't actually start commentary until the match is already 2 minutes underway

Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

ooh pooh. they score. we had better wake up a bit. this is getting uncomfortable already

Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

ooohhh noooo. 0-2 the defence is worrying. can we rescue this at all.

Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

so crap...........
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer