North Ferriby v TUFC Match thread

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

North Ferriby v TUFC Match thread

Post by torq2u »

Well, here's everything I know about Ferriby. It's up North (as they all are really). And quite a long way - about 300 miles, I think.

Phew. Having got that out of the way, I'll be ready at the Tiverton turn-off to offer a lift if the coach breaks down.

COYY
TUST member 200 ;-)
NorfolkGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nicky Wroe

Post by NorfolkGull »

Is it too early to call this a relegation 6 pointer?
northlondongull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by northlondongull »

I would swap Chaney and Reid for this one. He may give us something different (pace). Chaney is a great option off the bench but with the 4 who played on Tuesday we are very flat across the middle of the park.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

NorfolkGull wrote:Is it too early to call this a relegation 6 pointer?
yes;it's ridiculously early. Try posting this again this evening. :na: :na:
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

taxilady wrote: yes;it's ridiculously early. Try posting this again this evening. :na: :na:
:red: ..both of you.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

taxilady wrote: yes;it's ridiculously early. Try posting this again this evening. :na: :na:
:red: ..both of you.

On second thoughts, we're playing North Terribly, not Florist Vegan Lovers.. :-/
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

We need a change Blisset was brilliant last season and got goals, he's looked good this season but no goals. What's changed from from last season his strike partner has gone someone that worked hard around him and behind him.

In the friendlies Blissets best performance was when Chaney played along side of him and around him. Chaney is the best partner for him. If you look at our side, it looks as though it's got goals in it but there is not. I could be wrong but I just think we need a change up front.Chaney works hard and is clever defenders don't like to tackle him in the box as he's got quick feet. A big striker and a little one often works.The bench would be strong as well.
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

Hopefully we can grab a few goals in this game, we're the joint lowest goalscorers at the moment with bottom of the league Bromley, at 2 goals in 4 games. On the brightside, 5 goals conceeded as opposed to some who have already conceeded 10.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

TUST number 080
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

We were dreadfully weak in midfield on Tuesday so hopefully this will help. The fact he's had NL experience should give him half a chance of hitting the ground running. No idea what sort of player he is though - I assume from the comments that he's covering Richards that he's perhaps more defensive minded?

I think that the side does need a bit of a shake up after the Sutton debacle. Personally thought Reid showed a bit about him to perhaps warrant a start. Perhaps a formation change will be in order - go to the 4-5-1/4-3-3 option by bringing Reid in for Williams. Then - aside from the enforced change of Gallifuoco in for Gerring - the other decision would be which 3 of Young, Lathrope, Chaney and Ward play in midfield
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Ward is listed as an attacking midfielder

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/joe-ward ... ler/284754
TUST number 080
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

arcadia wrote:We need a change Blisset was brilliant last season and got goals, he's looked good this season but no goals. What's changed from from last season his strike partner has gone someone that worked hard around him and behind him.

In the friendlies Blissets best performance was when Chaney played along side of him and around him. Chaney is the best partner for him. If you look at our side, it looks as though it's got goals in it but there is not. I could be wrong but I just think we need a change up front.Chaney works hard and is clever defenders don't like to tackle him in the box as he's got quick feet. A big striker and a little one often works.The bench would be strong as well.
On what I've seen so far I'd go with Blissett and Chaney up front. Leave "yellow card" Williams on the bench.
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

We'll be heading over the humber bridge tomorrow for this one, I've listened to all the games do far this season and we have the makings of a good side we're just lacking in execution.

This is going to be Sam Chaney's year so he's a starter for me, I'll be interested to see how we line up in defence and from a personal point of view I'm looking forward to seeing Dan Sparkes play. 0-2 Gulls with Blisset on the end for each.
timmax
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Loram

Post by timmax »

Wasn't surprised by the defeat to Sutton but will be if we lose this( and very concerned). No way would I drop Williams just need a formation that has no LRT( still working on it). Give Scrivens a chance from the start to show what he can do. Need a big performance from the team thats for sure.
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

What I want to know, is, are we there yet? :-/
TUST member 200 ;-)